Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 16:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread  (Read 135732 times)

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2010, 08:04 »

Aden slumped to a wall, and gradually slid down it until he was touched the ground. He wasn't angry that he hadn't hit a knight, he had...other things, on his mind.

"This was a mistake. All of it. Getting bored in Misthorne, going to Ten Bows, learning there was a tavern in another town, and going there...and then getting involved with the rest of the party, and getting captured by The Overlord.

He had done things that if his family knew of, he wasn't sure what the response was. All he knew, is that he'd rather be back home, helping his brother, or going off and joining a militia, maybe see Thersys at whatever pub she's holed her self up in...

I want to go home.

You couldn't see it with the helmet, but you could faintly hear the young man, a great military commander, crying for mom, dad, and to go home like a lost child.
The zombies previously, and the knowledge of what was next were probably the triggers. Aden had killed men. quite a few men. But he hadn't cried like this since he was 11.

Why...Why me? What did I do to deserve this? I never killed someone who didn't deserve it...I never was too weak to protect myself, and the things I cared about...Why Kord? Why have you abandoned me? You haven't given me the strength to carry on!

Aden shook his head.

No, no.

He took off his helmet, and dried his tears. He put it back on.

That's not it. Kord has not found me wanting. I have overcome every obstacle without his assistance. He simply is waiting for the right time. He is waiting for me in my most dire moment in an hour of need. Well, If you can hear me up there on the mountain, Kord, I hope that time is before I have to do something irrevocably soul-scarring and irredeemably evil. I dare not sully your name too much with this, and if asked to do something terrible, will renounce you on the spot, rather than drag your name through the mud more than I have already!

With this, Aden felt something stirring in his soul. Perhaps...perhaps Kord HAD been listening, and gave Aden a signal, in the form of strength to continue on, as well as become stronger overall.

Well, Aden sighed and even smiled a bit as he got up and got ready to move. A small start is still a start, and as they say: You go to war with the army you have.

"All Right, I'm ready to go."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2010, 08:47 »

Ryltar went around to pick up the bolts he fired. Then he re-checked the bodies to see if the meager few silvers they found was really all they had. Apparently not satisfied with the results he sit down on the one he shot and started to twiddle his thumbs - "Aaaareee weeee doooneeee yeeet. Come on guys, what's with the long stop this time around?"

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:49 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2010, 13:18 »

Once all had rested up and prepared, you set off further down the passageway. It wasn't a terribly exciting march - the most interesting things were the occasional rats scurrying about. As such, by the time you realised there was something interesting up ahead, it was a bit too late for stealth.

When you reached the next chamber, the guards present there were already well alerted to your presence, another group of five knights barring your way. Beyond them, you could see three more of the now-familiar white-robed priests, one of them holding a staff, and all apparently busy channeling some magical energies. The floor of the chamber was in fact covered with all maner of magical symbols, some of them glowing with infused power. Opposite to the opening of your corridor was an entrance to another corridor, looking very much the same... and to the left, the chamber opened into a much larger cavern, though the presence of enemies didn't give you the luxury of further investigation at the moment.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2010, 18:14 »

More enemies blocked the path. Slipping up front, Ma'kirr began clearing a path to the robed figure in the center. He seems to be more potent in healing than the monks from before. It would be best if he died quickly.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2010, 19:30 »

"More Knights...ho hum. Wait....WHAT IS THIS?!?!?" Aden was not impressed. His soul may have gained strength, but that didn't mean he couldn't be an asshole...

"Look at these tactics! Shoddy, predictable...PATHETIC! Come on! Norian could out flank you bastards!" Aden moved up and took a swing at a knight. "Come on! Give me something to work with here!"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2010, 06:32 »

Though Ma'kirr and Aden both landed sound blows on their intended targets, neither of them seemed quite willing to budge or fall over dead yet. And if that wasn't bad enough, the monks lurking in the back joined in the fun, breaking away from their duties to the wards inscribed all over the floor to summon up a healing light on the injured knights, healing most of their wounds.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2010, 06:50 »

Ryltar took three fast steps forward. With his left hand he threw a small vial of some substance towards one of the knights, while simultaneously drawing the crossbow with his right and trying to take a shot at the head monk.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 27, 2010, 08:00 »

While the vial shattered harmlessly on the knight's shield, the priest in the centre of the magical symbols was hit, and wounded quite badly by the look of things. In turn, one of the knights closed in to pen in the new threat and even landing a light blow on Ma'kirr.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 27, 2010, 08:59 »

Unflinchingly, Tristan strode towards the knights, leaving behind a faint, teal shimmer that soon faded. And then, when he was about to strike, blue light erupted around him, for a brief moment forming into a silhouette of a cloaked, faceless figure warping her arms around Tristan. This shape dissolved into pure light moments later, but the paladin's armor looked sturdier, all the cracks and seems glowing with inner strength.

'Surrender yourself, and you'll be granted a swift passage to other side' he uttered, bringing his weapon down on one of the knights.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 13:00 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 27, 2010, 12:58 »

Tristan's assault did not go unnoticed, and one of the knights he passed managed to land a good blow on the paladin. While the radiance that surrounded him afterwards seemed to protect him from harm (for the moment), Ma'kirr had less luck in terms of evading the knights' blows, leaving her noticeably injured. As if that wasn't bad enough, the priest in the middle of the room had finally taken notice of the fight (no doubt thanks to Ryltar) and called in some healing magic of his own... enveloping himself and the knight previously targeted by Ryltar's poison. By the time the magical light faded, both looked as good as new.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31 »

"Unless we can take that cleric down immediately we will need to concentrate our fire as much as possible." Stepping forward Saliak unleashed his breath and swung his hammer down, tracing a rune to weaken the enemy for further attacks.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 04, 2011, 12:33 »

A lapse in Ma'kirrs concentration left the Knight unfazed by her flurry. Taking this opportunity the others surrounded her, overwhelming her defenses. Quickly she fell back into a defensive stance.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 09, 2011, 15:15 »

Aden is egged on by how his adversaries are starting to shape up and flank his compatriots.

"See? THAT is how you do it! Move carefully, aim your attacks, and suppress your enemy! NOW THIS IS A FIGHT!" Aden roared with a slight hint of joy. "However, you men are not fully trained in the arts! And I shall show you how it's REALLY Done!"

He then moves towards one of the knights trying to flank Ma'kirr, and making a move like he was about to attack, the knight took the bait, and took a swing at Aden, "I have you now!" Aden swiftly dodged out of the way, and cracked the knight right in the head, trying to set him up so that if he tried to move away, Ma'kirr could try and deck him...except he hit the guy a little TOO hard, harder than he thought. Still, if he survived, the knight would still give Ma'kirr a chance to strike, and if not, well, there's one less to worry about.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2011, 14:02 »

Between Saliak and Aden's efforts, one knight was left wounded and another much closer to death, but still standing. While the monks skulking around in the back didn't seem to have any more healing to add to the mix, one of them did rush in close, his dagger finding a chink in Tristan's defences, and the blow leaving behind it the burning sensation of holy energy.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2011, 14:52 »

The drow groaned seeing the clearic heal himself and then fired another crossbow bolt at him.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29