General > Graveyard

Long Goodbye - CthulhuTech PBF- OOC

(1/2) > >>

Gargulec:
Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young! 

There are Cthlhu Mythos RPGs where investigators seek to unearth ancient, blasphemous mysteries only to find that they are doomed to failure and Cthluhu devours them at the rate of 1d6 per turn... but it is still fun, even if the end is still the same.

And then there is Cthlhu Tech, described by TV Tropes as:
Evangelion + H.P. Lovecraft + Macross (Robotech version) + Guyver + Akira. Still not getting the picture? Well, I tried!

In other words: It is Call Of Cthlhu in sci-fiesque crapsack world, where humanity is fighting adesperate war against full cast of Lovercraftian cosmic horrors, using battlemech of all kinds, while secret cults seek to undermine it. If you're still not sure, check the TVTropes page I linked here, it should give you better image of it.

Anyway, I am fascinated by this crazy awesome setting, and would want to run small campaign of it, here, on this forums.

Most likely, it would revolve around mecha pilots fighting the Migou in Eastern Europe, while something plainly *wrong* is happening in forests around.

I have two volunteers right now (X and M), and I think I would need between one and three more. Is anybody interested? If so (even if you don't have the rulebook) post here and/or contact me on PM.

S.K. Ren:
I guess Ill give this a go. I'm already crazy enough as it is.

Edit: Updated my character sheet 7/18/2010

Aerdan:
I'd be interested. Fair warning: I don't know a whole heck of a lot about Cthulhu, beyond tentacled-horror-whose-very-visage-drives-people-mad.

[If anyone else interested lacks the relevant books, PM me.]

Xander Morhaime:
I will be taking part, as has been said - I just need to get around to creating my character from the mechanical point of view.

Gargulec:
Things you might want to hear:

All characters are considered to have passed both basic military training and military academy and are commissioned officers of low rank (either Second or First Lieutenant) and part of single squad. Who is the CO and First Lieutenant will be decided after the characters are created.

Following skills are gained thanks to aforementioned education (all on student level)
*Athletics
*Education
*Intimidation
*Survival
*Marksmanship
*Munitions
*Persuade
*Bureaucracy (characters are versed in military protocols etc.)
*Dodge
*Armed Fighting
*Fighting

Qualities you all are considered to have:
*Ally (3) - Major Alexander Sully: all character should, at some point of their lives have been befriened by the very man that commands the base they serve in now: former OIS operative, Major Alex Sully. He ]served in many places on many posts, both as investigator and solidier, and was promoted to commanding position recently... Please, place it in your backstory. I do not provide much info on him, leaving the possibility of shaping him as you want. I still have to approve it.

Also, all characters receive 12 cheats instead of 6

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version