Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Suggestion:More items  (Read 13104 times)

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
Suggestion:More items
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:36 »

And an item slot,here are my ideas

Blowtorch:If vents are going to be visible in the game then a blowtorch could seal them
Flashlight:Used to generate more light in low light places,but not as much as being in a place where lights are on
Repair kit:Used to repair broken elevators
Bandolier:Gives you more ammo storage and some random ammo of 1 type
Night vision goggles:Generates enough light to stop the low light in places that have low light.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:26 by Angles of death »
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion:More items
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 13:04 »

And an item slot,here are my ideas

Blowtorch:If vents are going to be visible in the game then a blowtorch could seal them
Flashlight:Used to generate more light in low light places,but not as much as being in a place where lights are on
Repair kit:Used to repair broken elevators
Bandolier:Gives you more ammo storage and some random ammo of 1 type
Night vision goggles:Generates enough light to stop the low light in places that have low light.
@Blowtorch: I doubt that some aluminium covers will stop aliens. They would just tear them if they want, don't ya think?
@Flashlight: ok.

Additionally, Flares that are represented similiarly to grenades (and lit the area when thrown) would be great.

@Repair Kit: For Technician class, yeah.
@Bandolier: More ammo? No, thanks - having those 30 rockets and few hundreds of each bullet type is way too much already :P .
@Night vision goggles: Image Intensifier from AvP :) .

And the most important thing that you forgot and should be there:
Motion Scanner :] .

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 13:53 »

Holy shit!How could I forget the motion scanner?

Motion scanner:Makes a beep and warns you that an alien is at most 6 spaces out of your view it could have a ? in the space of the alien to warn you?,stalkers could bypass this.Or if that is too powerful just give a warning tag to where the other tags are and warn you when an alien is 4 spaces out of sight. [tags are stuff like radiation,lowlight etc]
I have a few alien ideas too.

Facehugger:When it lays its eggs in you,you have a certain amount of turns until it hatches,once it hatches you die,also can be spawned by the queen alien.
Mobile Extraction Unit [it was on the alien ressurection game]Used to extract facehugger eggs before they hatch.
Acid blood:If you walk over an aliens corpse you should suffer a bit of damage [not too much,after all we don't want it to turn you into mush after 1 turn]

And for missions:Get to the top of the military tower and shut down the defence system
Go to the top of the engineering tower and restore power to the colony
Go to the top of the civillian tower and activate a destress becon
Kill the alien queen and get to the top of the civillian tower to be evacuated.

New alien idea:Ravager [it was on the AVP rts game]Highly dangerous alien,Nearly as strong as the queen alien
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 04:51 by Angles of death »

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 05:49 »

Facehugger:When it lays its eggs in you,you have a certain amount of turns until it hatches,once it hatches you die,also can be spawned by the queen alien.
Mobile Extraction Unit [it was on the alien ressurection game]Used to extract facehugger eggs before they hatch.
When he would lay egg? What would be the prerequisities? Just coming next to a marine?
Now this would be something that I won't like, because 1 facehugger couild be more dangerous than all the aliens out there.
Moreover, this item that "removes eggs" seems pretty impossible to be used by the same person that is having operation done on him/her.

Acid blood:If you walk over an aliens corpse you should suffer a bit of damage [not too much,after all we don't want it to turn you into mush after 1 turn]
If you want damaging acid pools you also need to make them disappear - like in the original games.

And for missions:Get to the top of the military tower and shut down the defence system
This sounds rather like a mission for Security Tower, doesn't it? :)

New alien idea:Ravager [it was on the AVP rts game]Highly dangerous alien,Nearly as strong as the queen alien
From what I remember it evolved from Praetorians ...sounds ok ^_^ .

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:59 »

From what I remember it evolved from Praetorians ...sounds ok ^_^ .
I think it evolved from a Praetorian facehugger once you "facehugged" a predator or something.(edit)No I think your right now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 07:27 by Angles of death »

Eternal @

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 16:40 »

My opinion and a few ideas:

Blowtorch: Sidearm weapon, based in NH9, a super-celled gas for space rockets(yeah, just came with the explanation xP). Useful to seal temporarily holes and vents by extreme heat in it, also a last-resort weapon just for close-range(2 squares, at the most). Can also easily blow fuel tanks, but i don't recommend you to do it...

Flashlight: ok. But you can't use the flashlight with weapons...

Flares: ok. Aiming it straight in an alien leaves him stunned a bit by the sudden light. Don't work in aliens that don't have vision as a sense.

Repair Kit: Hell yeah. Repairs elevators, doors, machines and broken equipment.

Bandolier: ...nah.

Night vision goggles: Excelent in places with Low Light, leaves you blind in places with normal light. Also, don't work that well, and leaves afterimages of what you can see moving.

Motion Scanner: agree. Shows in a extremely long range of vision anything that MOVES.

Remote Car: If it has a Civilian Tower, someone must had took their kids to it! A Remote Car operates by a controlling device. It can be used to attract the attention of aliens to it, and not to you. It's fast and has a good range of control. Can have a camera attached to it.

Tape: Why not? It can be used to lock doors, do some fast-repairing and also make cameras unable to see.

Safety Self Environment Armor: "Armor" is too optimistic. This clothes are made to go outside of the towers, in bad weather and while the planet was still being terraformed. It gives oxygen, food and water in form of nutritive liquids and pressure to the body, so it can't take damage of non-Earth planets.

In other words? Now that hole to outside, in the Level 4 of the Engeneering Tower can be used!

Jetpack: Using it inside of the Towers at full force is suicide, but with some control, is good to some fast jumps to run of aliens. Uses the same NH9 of the Blowtorch, and how well you go where you want to is determined by your Perception and Tecnical.

Datalog: Just text data of the colonists. Diaries, spam, e-mails, documents...

Voicelog: Same as above, but in voice.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 02:10 »

Flashlight could be used along with sidearms such as pistols. However you could still wear a helmet that has a flashlight (don't know how such type of flashlight is called in English). Not to mention that such thing as night vision goggles exist. Also, some guns have a flashlight integrated with them.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 07:18 »

I have some more ideas
:Assault rifle:runs on smg bullets and does more damage than the smg

Some aliens [hunters & stalkers spring into mind]should be able to climb on sealings.

Unprogramed mobile turrets:turrets that can be moved but need to be programmed by an engineer,they run on pulse rifle ammo.

Programed mobile turrets:these turrets can be moved and don't need to be programed by an engineer.

Damaged mobile turret:a turret thats targeting chip has been damaged and will attack ANYTHING that goes into its radious,yes that includes you.

Broken mobile turrets:Please don't tell me I have to explain.

And if the  repair kit is going to be put in the repair kit could repair damaged turrets or broken turrets

New alien ideas:Trackers:able to open doors and knows where you are from quite a large space away [about 16 squares out of your sight] they can't see but they sense you and should have a strong melee attack but light armour and high stealth.

new weapon idea:flamethrower:ignites ground and shoots out flame like a cloud for 6 spaces acts sort of like an inc grenade but you shoot a cloud of flame [a small cloud about 4 spaces wide that spreads out of course,we wouldn't want it to be overpowered now would we?]

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:39 by Angles of death »

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 08:00 »

My opinion and a few ideas:

Blowtorch: Sidearm weapon, based in NH9, a super-celled gas for space rockets(yeah, just came with the explanation xP). Useful to seal temporarily holes and vents by extreme heat in it, also a last-resort weapon just for close-range(2 squares, at the most). Can also easily blow fuel tanks, but i don't recommend you to do it...
I'd rather see it opening locked / damaged doors only. To seal holes and vents you need some kind of material (hardened steel / plastisteel plates anyone ?) and 2 x 2 metres one(should be enough to seal one vent) would weight few hundred kilos...

Flares: ok. Aiming it straight in an alien leaves him stunned a bit by the sudden light. Don't work in aliens that don't have vision as a sense.
ROFL. Gimmie gun that shots flares. I want to stun them all. No seriously, aliens do not have "eyes". And they are able to fight predators on equal terms without getting stunned by some buldozing hits, so please no stunning by "sudden light".

Remote Car: If it has a Civilian Tower, someone must had took their kids to it! A Remote Car operates by a controlling device. It can be used to attract the attention of aliens to it, and not to you. It's fast and has a good range of control. Can have a camera attached to it.
I don't know how would I use such car. Take a fellow alien for a ride ? ^_^

Tape: Why not? It can be used to lock doors, do some fast-repairing and also make cameras unable to see.
Yeah. Because there are alines behind those cameras and they record player actions and watch them later ;) .

Jetpack: Using it inside of the Towers at full force is suicide, but with some control, is good to some fast jumps to run of aliens. Uses the same NH9 of the Blowtorch, and how well you go where you want to is determined by your Perception and Tecnical.
Could be useful in semi 3D environment, when some parts of towers are broken and such thing would allow to access floors that are otherwise unaccessible.
But I would say no for a "super jump".

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:08 »

New alien ideas:Trackers:able to open doors and knows where you are from quite a large space away [about 16 squares out of your sight] they can't see but they sense you and should have a strong melee attack but light armour and high stealth.
I would rather say that every alien is capable of tracking whatever he wants. Just play some AvP games :| .
Instead of such specialized alien, I would rather see improved AI for existing ones.
And the description above almost perfectly matches scavengers/hunters/stalkers.

new weapon idea:flamethrower:ignites ground and shoots out flame like a cloud for 6 spaces acts sort of like an inc grenade but you shoot a cloud of flame [a small cloud about 4 spaces wide that spreads out of course,we wouldn't want it to be overpowered now would we?]
Good idea. The flamethrower is even mentioned in manual, but not in game.
We need flamethrower for sure. And minigun :P .

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:27 »

Hey dude you double posted,oh and a minigun sounds AWESOME but should it be more powerful than a smart gun?or just able to pump out large amounts of bullets?

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 11:02 »

New A.I. based on 'scent' and 'caste' is already planned. As is bandoleer (though I am not entirely sure if this will be implemented) and flame-thrower.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 12:20 »

Hey dude you double posted,oh and a minigun sounds AWESOME but should it be more powerful than a smart gun?or just able to pump out large amounts of bullets?
I answered to one post, then I answered to the other one.

As for minigun, hmm. In AvP 1, AvP 2 Smartgun was the great weapon against normal aliens - better than Pulse Rifle thanks to auto-aiming and higher damage per second (more bullets, basically, I think). Against Praetorian, Predator, Predalien it wasn't that good - but still possible to kill them.
And Minigun in AvP 1 just tore everything - hardest targets died in 1-1.5 seconds from what I remember (and I think it was able to pump 600 bullets just in 10 seconds).

Minigun in AvP 2 was the ultimate weapon against Praetorians and Queen, because the bullets from typical Smartgun / Pulse Rifle would get reflected.

It doesn't need to work the same way, but I would love to see minigun anyway.

@Gargulec:
I really do not see the reason why should we have bandolier here - the storage capacity is already huge.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 16:37 by skarczew »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 13:11 »

@skarczew:
Point taken.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 16:26 »

The main reason for the bandolier as far as I was aware was that eventually there will be a shift to magazines instead of just loading more bullets into the weapon. It still probably won't be needed then if you're careful, but I can forsee a lot of players throwing away half empty magazines.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1] 2  All