Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 08:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Suggestion:More items  (Read 13122 times)

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion:More items
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 16:45 »

The main reason for the bandolier as far as I was aware was that eventually there will be a shift to magazines instead of just loading more bullets into the weapon. It still probably won't be needed then if you're careful, but I can forsee a lot of players throwing away half empty magazines.
Good reason.

Still, I would prefer to have a really wicked towers' layout, environment that I can affect (interact or destroy), AI that uses advanced tactics to ambush me - rather than magazines thing :) .

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 00:23 »

I have another idea:Low air areas:If the envirosuit is going to be put in then areas with low air sound good,after 15 turns you get a warning and 5 turns after the warning you start losing health because your suffocating [duh].
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05 »

I have another idea:Low air areas:If the envirosuit is going to be put in then areas with low air sound good,after 15 turns you get a warning and 5 turns after the warning you start losing health because your suffocating [duh].
Just we have to decide whether the planet was terraformed enough, so we get enough air outside - or not.
In case the planet was not terraformed, any damage to the towers will cause the loss of air accumulated there, so it would be a little hardcore...
In AvPs planets were terraformed enough not to worry about the oxygen too much.

Also, we would have to estimate how much time does "one action" last (like walking one cell). If walking one cell = 1 sec, then slow death after 20 secs may be a bit extreme.

Additionally, if we include such details, we have to remember about the fact that even the weakest hit to a person wearing Env. Suit would probably damage it. So no Env. Suit after the first alien that happened to teleport next to us and do some damage.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 14:58 »

How about flechette shells for the shotguns? That way they can more easily penetrate the aliens' thick hides and actually do damage.

Although, I'm not sure if flechettes exist in the Aliens universe...
Pages: 1 [2]  All