Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 11:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF  (Read 36815 times)

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:59 »

The seas part, and a new world has been thrust forth...

Behold, the world Xemorid.

Age of Land, Round 1:
Initiative:
  • S.K.Ren
  • Silhar
  • ZZ
  • Aerdan

Detail your changes when you post; colours are up for you to decide on, so long as they're logical. If needed, a standalone legend can be made.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 14:21 by Aerdan »
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
Re: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:31 »

"There comes a time within the existence when the first life is born. And from the beginning, this life has been watched by Avinneas the Radiant. At the birth of this world, The Radiant One gazed upon the barren land and drew up from the earth great mountains from which life would more easily reach him."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:28 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:04 »

"Once upon the dawn of time the Land was still young, fresh, giving birth to mountains high above, or burying them violently deep underneath. Its Heart bled with fire, its Viscera shimmered with minerals, its spirit pulsed with unlimited potential. There was no Time, no Reality, only The Power and The Possibility. From The Possibility emerged Augaerias, The Wanderer From Great Nowhere, passing through the Void of Never.
Augaerias looked upon the bare rock and sighed, for on His paths He had not found even a stone to lay His head on. His eyes witnessed an island, as alone as The Wanderer Himself, and He rejoiced in His heart, thus saying :
>>May this land laid aside be My refuge, for the Eternity I had been wandering and in the end I had found it. May the barren soil give birth to plants, and may they give Me fruits to fill My belly. May air turn all wet and warm so that My bones shall know rest as well.<<
And the Land obeyed, winds changed and great forests bloomed.
>>Valnaleth<< this island was called, for The Wanderer found there His refuge."

-The Book of Emergence, Chapter One.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:21 »

The above post must be redone, as vegetation is covered by Shape Land, not Shape Climate.
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 14:50 »

Done.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 16:18 »

"So this is the new world created that I can manage. Let's see what here can be done". Zorial Zel is here to manage the history of this world. But at first he needs to make some minor improvements for this land to look better for him.
"That corner isle must be separated for the mainland" - was his first order.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 15:04 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 16:54 »

Atlaran, lord of the sea, decides to turn an inland lake into a proper bay.

(Rolled 2d6, got 6; Shape Land x1 for a remaining total of 3.)

Age of Land, Round 2
Initiative & Total Power:
  • S.K.Ren (4 Power)
  • ZZ (4 Power)
  • Gargulec (3 Power)
  • Aerdan (4 Power)
  • Silhar (1 Power)
Please add this amount to your Power when you roll. This is the latest map, including my own changes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:19 by Aerdan »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 15:36 »

Far, far in the north, a man... or maybe something more, awakened and looked down upon the land, that was untouched and unformed, like empty canvas, yet to be painted.

'I am now.' he said, understanding that there was no one to listen... yet. 'But was I before? Or was I born in this very moment?' he wondered. 'Does not matter. I am going to shape the future here, for I understand what must be done.' he decided, reaching towards the land, making it bulge at his touch. Soon, chain of mountains, high and remote was formed.

'Here, I shall plant the seeds from which my children will be born. But this land must harsh on them, as I will be, or they will suffer from others. The land must be ruthless and unforgiving, so they will have to be strong. I will give them nothing... but thorns, cold wind and jagged mountains. Only then they will have what it takes to thrive.'

He did as he said, brining harsh winds against the jagged mountains and sharp briers that bore bitter fruits into deep and dark valleys. And he saw what he created, and it was pure. Those where the first works of 'Windstalker, Whisperer in the Storm'

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 19:27 »

"The barren wastes stretched out endlessly before the eye. Such lands had no hope for life, and this saddened Avinneas. From his visage fell a single tear upon the earth which breathed life into the wastes. A great lake formed and from it's edges, all manner of flora grew. The spirits of the air and water too arose and flourished int he land bringing rain and favorable winds."

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:30 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00 »

The second thing Zorian wanted to improve was to put plants somewhere, but this task was already done by someone else. "Moving to point 3. Deserts.". Zorian's commands the land, land obeys. Desert in the middle of the main land is created.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:49 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 05:39 »

The land was barren and devoid life. The land pointed at heavens with jagged peaks of mountains that are yet to claim wanderer's souls.

'Mountains are not enough. My children has to be shaped by more than rock thorn... I will give them stormy seas full water and predators. I will separate them from fertile land, and they won't cross the waters until they have the strength they need! I will create a Hell for them to live in- otherwise, they will be weak!'

With a word, he sank parts of the land, allowing waters to rush in, and separate the mountains from rest of the island. With a breath, he gave them soul of storm, never to be calm again. He also enlarged the chain of mountains, giving his children more space to live.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:41 by Gargulec »

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 05:56 »

Lord Atlaran gazed upon the world, and saw a desert had come into being. "What are deserts without a windbreak?" he asked to himself, his hands reaching into the formless void near the desert. With a deft twist, mountains soon came into being.

Primary Xemorid updated.

Skipping over Silhar because he's dragging behind...

Age of Land, Round 3
Initiative & Base Power:
  • Gargulec (6 Power)
  • S.K.Ren (5 Power)
  • Aerdan (7 Power)
  • ZZ (4 Power)
  • Silhar (6 Power)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:34 by Aerdan »

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 09:50 »

'I have shaped to be harsh on my future children... But I will also grant them gifts they are going to need. First, I give them iron and anthracite. The will know the secret of steel, their blades will have no match. Second, I give them woodlands, dark and full of monsters, to give them materials... If they prove bold enough to fight to beast that will guard those trees.'

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 10:45 »

"Upon this land which shall be the home of my people, I shall provide in entirety all they shall need for they will not want."
    -Avinneas the Radiant

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:48 by S.K. Ren »

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 14:57 »

Lord Atlaran eyed the island chain to the southeast. "These islands need life..." And lo, upon them appeared hilly grasslands (Shape Land x3).

As usual, the primary map has been updated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6