Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 09:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF  (Read 36891 times)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 15:17 »

"Shatter the bootom of the mountain". Zorian always knows what he does, because the water started lushing from the grotto, creating channel for itself. At some point, water separated and Zorian decided to stop the water and to create a small lake. "Point 4 done".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 15:18 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26 »

"After creating the plants and bending winds to do his will, The Wanderer From Great Nowhere took a nap in the shade of trees he gave life to. But plants had no fresh water yet, withereth and spoileth, and rays of the sun shined upon His eyes. Augaerias has awoken, has seen what happened, and cried bitterly over his working wasted.
And where His tear did fall, water gusheth and a river was born, so that plants could drink fresh water and grow in strength. Augaerias ordered the rain to fall every morning, so that rivers were stronger and there was water for every being demanding it.
Who Knows The Never stood from his knees and looked towards the horizon, where mountains grew, deserts shaped and thorns bloomed. But he couldn't see, for trees from his tears grew truly high and strong. So he crafted a mountain of metal and stone to dwell on and watch upon the young world, and waterfalls for his creations to sleep and wake to their whisper.
>>Such an enormous land and nobody to keep me company.<<, He sighed. >>I shall create animals, so the forest shall not be silent anymore.<<
And He did, from tiny Stalk Mice, through the Bladefeathers overhead, to the Grand Claw-Reptiles. Water Serpents and Titanscales along with variety of lesser fishes appeared in the rivers and in the sea.
And He blessed them to grow and spread, to give hide, meat and bone >>to those, who shall ask for it soon.<<"

-Book of Emergence, Chapter three.

Map update :

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 04:25 »

No, you don't add the turn bonus--I do that when I post the next round's initiative & base power.

Age of Land, Round 4
Initiative and Base Power:
  • S.K.Ren (8 Power)
  • ZZ (5 Power)
  • Aerdan (8 Power)
  • Gargulec (8 Power)
  • Silhar (4 Power)
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 05:09 »

The Radiant One was always watching, and at times glimpsed the future. Seeing a grand possibility, Avinneas bid his time till the opportune moment to shape the world.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 09:43 »

"Let's do some improvement to the mountain." Zorian Zel doesn't wish to leave the mount in peace. Instead, he digs a set of tunnels from the grotto that follow from the core of the mountain deep below the surface of the ground. That dungeon does not overflow the mountian in the size however.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:47 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 08:04 »

Lord Atlaran looked to the northeast for a bit, and saw a perfect opportunity. Soon, a vast glacier overtook an entire island.

Map
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 08:30 »

'It is done. It is finished. The land will need my touch no longer.'

With those words, he took a thorny branch into his hands. He allowed it scratch his skin, and when his blood touched the soil under his feet, the branch changed into the being he wanted to create.

In front of him, a being knelt. It was mostly humanoid in shape, but with slimier frame and slightly elongated limbs. He then spilled a few drops of his blood on the being's head, imbuing it with a small portion of his own power.

'I gave you all that you need, my child. I'll see you in a year' he whispered, and left the being alone among the thorns, naked and defenceless.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:01 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 05:06 »

"Augaerias watched the birds fly over the ocean and thus spoke :
>>To exist is to wander. Every single being is born not to stay in one place. There is still much world to be shaped, so that my children could discover and learn the wisdom of seeking.<<
With those words, he walked to the west and started the work of creation.
This is how The Great Black Wood was born."

-Book of Creation, chapter four.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 07:06 »

Age of Land, Round 5
  • S.K.Ren (17 Power)
  • ZZ (7 Power)
  • Gargulec (8 Power)
  • Silhar (2 Power)
  • Aerdan (8 Power)

This round begins the voting phase; when you post, indicate whether you wish to advance to the Age of Races or not. Until Round 10, a simple majority is required to advance. After Round 10, if any player wishes to advance, we advance.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 07:24 »

"It is time," a gentle voice could be heard. Not from above or in a particular direction but from the land itself. The Radiant One open his eyes from his short reprieve and reached into the mountains, clouds, waters of his land and pulled the essences required of life; Shaping, molding imbuing them with a drop of his own power. On the lands before him, several figures stood, staring blankly. They had tall, lithe bodies and an enormous pair of feathered wings of many colors ranging from black to brown to white. Their feet were clawed and their legs, while bony looking, were very sturdy. Above all, their eyes were so sharp, they look  as if they could see into you very soul.
  "Greetings my children, you are the Tethellosi. Live and be proud, for you are the pride of my glory."

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:25 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05 »

Zorian notices that the new intelligent being appeared here. "Soon they will know the true religion. And by now I'll return to world shaping.". Zorian notices that land northwest is empty, so he orderes clounds there to harden and fall down. Also he forces the winds to blow permanently there.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 09:36 »

Windstalker kept his promise.

He returned to the place in which he left his avatar, and smiled, proud of it, as he saw a hut, crude but standing against merciless winds, adorned with skins and furs of forest and mountain beasts.

He knocked at the door, three times. Soon, he saw his only child.

Indeed, she did what he expected her to achieve. She battled with the wild, and emerged victorious. She thrived. And though her scars from tooth, nail and torn was more than visible, they did not disfigure her- for they were proof of her power.

'You did well, daughter' he said.

'You left me with no choice'

Windstalker slowly nodded, noticing the poorly covered scorn in her voice.

'Indeed. And now, allow me to present you with my two final gifts'

He entered her hut, ignoring her protests. Dim light filled the interior, but Windstalker noticed the skulls of various animals painted in strange, hypnotizing patterns with ochre.

'I see that you hate me now' he continued his speech

'You left me alone, made me suffer... every wound I received, every day of starvation, every night of toil wasted to winds... Is not it all your fault?' she asked spitefully.

'But it made you strong' he replied dryly. 'But, we are digressing. I came here to present you with two final gifts. First, as you proved yourself worthy, allow me to share the secret of iron and steel with you. No longer will you need to use crude tools of stone and wood.'

And he taught her, and she listened to him.

'And there is the second gift' he said, when she her first blade was done. 'Progeny. In a year and a day, you will give birth to a new race. Race made in your image, not mine. They will venerate you as their Goddess given flesh, loving but unforgiving, harsh yet caring. Teach them what I taught you... And tell them that it is me, Windstalker, who made them live in such. I hope that their hate will be as powerful as yours. And tell them, that whispers in the wind are my voice, and should not be heeded. '

She gazed at him, surprised, but before she could reply, Windstalker smiled for the last time, and disappeared into the night, never to be seen again on the mortal plane.

It happened as he told. Year later, his avatar Ios gave birth to first of the elfkin. They were born with a shard of Windstalker power that gave them long lives, but otherwise, their bodies were weak, albeit with great potential. And though Ios tried to avoid it, not long after, she was considered a Goddess for them, their mother and protector.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 15:02 by Gargulec »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 05:26 »

"And The Harbinger of Nowhere called upon the Ocean to cut this land off from and to give birth to new beings, so they settled the wilds. And the waters obeyed."
                                                                                                                                                           -Book of Emergence, chapter five.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 13:47 »

Lord Atlaran gazed upon the world once more. His next moves were manifold: first, the glacier island was carved into a more pleasing shape. Next, a bay was created. An unfortunate result of the carving of the bay was the total desertification of the peninsula to the east.

Map

Age of Land, Round 6
  • Gargulec (7 Power)
  • Silhar (5 Power)
  • S.K.Ren (1 Power)
  • ZZ (3 Power)
  • Aerdan (6 Power)

Just as with last time, vote for/against advancing when you post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:20 by Aerdan »

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 16:00 »

Time passed on the Island of Thorns as the elves matured. They formed tribes, warring each other and growing stronger. They became proud, proud people, who valued their freedom and their blades above everything else. They had no qualms about spilling each other's blood, and there was only one thing they feared... Night winds, and whispers they brought. They would shut themselves in their huts and houses when they came, afraid that mere listening to them could drive them crazy or corrupted.

Only one place was hallowed for them. The House Of The Goddess, little valley resting in the shadows of the Fanged Hand, highest mountain on the island. There, in small wooden house, their mother, their Goddess lived. No blood was allowed to be shed, no conflict was allowed to take place there. Goddess welcomed all who were brave enough to traverse many dangers that awaited on the road the the valley. Many perished on their journey there. Many more gave up. But some found their way to this holy place and returned, carrying the words of the one who gave them all life.

One of them was Cerbin, artist and warrior who lacked in strength. Knowing that he was not able enough to survive on the battlefield, he decided to seek advice from the Goddess. Barely, he made his way to her House. There, she found him weak and refused to speak him in the first place. But then, when he was about to live, broken, she noticed something that she was not able to describe. Spark of power in him. She invited inside, and did the best she could to kindle this spark into a blaze. Every night, she forced him to fight, almost killing him. Every day, she made him endure the winds and thorns, as she once did. Her heart broke, inflicting such torments upon him, but she of all could understand the need to do so.

And then, one night, what she hoped for happened. As Cerbin screamed in agony, something snapped in him. Earth itself shook as he let his dormant powers awaken. The reality bended to his will, and he understood that he was the first of his kind to mater the art of magic. Ios smiled, proud.

'You have done something unbelievable, son' she whispered, observing him sculpting the elements with but his will. 'I will not tell you what potential lies in this power, for you are aware of this already, are not you?'

'Indeed, mother' he replied, throwing ball of lighting high into the sky 'I know what I have to do. And, sadly, I am afraid that I must leave soon, Mother, for...'

She put a finger on his lip, interrupting his speech. 'I do understand, son. Go. Go with my blessing'

Cerbin returned, his power protecting him. He visited the chiefs all tribes, threatening them with his magic. They had to obey his command. And so Cerbin became the first ruler of Island of Thorns, though he did not dominate the island, merely forcing tribes to accept him as their sovereign. He also sought other elves that had this same spark of power as he had, and helped them harness it as he did. They became known as Crows, his most faithful servants. From amongst their midst, he picked a maid as fair as thorn blossom, and made her his bride. Thus, the ruler line of House Of Crows was born.

Meanwhile, on the mainland Windstalker laughed, observing the toil of other god and other races. He considered his work finished, and, honestly, found himself a bit bored. To amuse himself, he leaked a bit of his powers on the land, allowing hills covered in razor-sharp grass to grow, and populated them with vicious predators.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:43 by Gargulec »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6