Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 06:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF  (Read 36810 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 00:56 »

"Seeing the world growing populated with more and more lucid beings, Augaerias sat on the mountain of metal and pondered.
>>Time itself is working against my children, for I was a slave of eternity and I escaped, thus its claws seek their vengeance. I shall act now, so my loyal would gain power and wisdom soon. But I shall be in need for an adjunct.<<
Saying these words, he immersed his palms in the Valn Mountain's heart and grasped at the finest piece of Somathium ore.
From the ore, The Primarchus was shaped - the monumental colossus, nine feet high, slender yet hulking - and prodigious in his perfection.
The Inhabitant of Great Nowhere admired his creation. Thus he spoke :

>>Thou shalt be my servant, an instrument of my will, for I made you emerge from the ore. I shaped thy flesh as an example for my children, so they would strive to be similar to you. There is much to be made, so arise and linger no longer. Thy price shall be worthful, for now I give you my wisdom.<<

And the Primarchus praised the Fugitive of Never. Gazing at the land before him, thus he said :

>>Command, O Lord, for I shall listen and obey.<<

And the Wanderer commanded :

>>Take thy hammer, for now you go to shape my children. May they be six feet high, slender yet unweak as you are, for they shall live their lives of hunters and pilgrims - but of flesh, not of Somathium. May their bodies be smooth and their heads bald, and give each a slim, pale tentacle coming out of the back of the head. They shall be strong both in flesh and will as well, capable of shaping matter with mind and mind with matter. Give each two eyes of Somathium so they could perfectly witness the world - and one eye of spirit, so they could witness me. May their voices be deep and calm, as mine is.

These orders I give you today. Hear and obey, so I could make you their patron.<<

And The Avatar obeyed. Thus were born The Augaerii, >>Children of the Wanderer<<.

And the world was never the same."

-Book of Emergence, chapter seven.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 09:00 »

Within weeks, the Tethellosi had set up a crude settlement on the highest mountain. Naming it Irgolath, The Glowing City as a tribute to their father. It wasn't much now, but Avinneas had High Hopes for his children.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 14:50 »

"Hmm, strange, that goes out of my expectations. 3 races, and one of them using magic... I'll deal with them later, when I'll have my own race. And now - another forest is the goal". And completely ordinary forest appeared in the northern part of the mainland.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 14:56 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 16:01 »

As great powers busied themselves with shaping the virgin world, another power awoke, deep within the land. Its consciousness flowed through layers of rock and shimmered in the seams of metal and clusters of gem. It felt the crude changes inflicted upon it by the others, and it was not pleased.

And the Shaper Mirach did awake,
And saw that the realm had felt the touch of other powers,
And so set out to right these wrongs,
And so carved out a domain
From stone, and metal, and fire.

A great could of dust rose up from the earth and stone were dragged down, an uneven pit left gaping in its place, its steep and craggy walls rough and riddled with smaller fissures, caves, and canyons. The mass of soil and rock was dragged down to the core of the pit, where an intense fire blazed, and there it was transformed... for the Shaper's further plans.

And the Shaper Mirach lit the Forge,
And did reach up to the lands above,
And seized the essence of the world,
To feed the Great Creation.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 16:48 »

And so it came to pass that Lord Atlaran of the Seas carved land from the world, thereby creating an island out of a peninsula. New waterways were also formed from his works.

Map

Age of Land, Round 7
Initiative and Base Power:
  • ZZ (3 Power)
  • S.K.Ren (2 Power)
  • Aerdan (4 Power)
  • X (6 Power)
  • Gargulec (2 Power)
  • Silhar (4 Power)

As per the last two rounds, please vote whether you wish to advance or not when you post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 17:14 by Aerdan »
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 09:10 »

"Looks like there still are too few rivers. Let's put another one.". Zorian Zel forces another river to come into being. Also, he puts some grass near the formed lake.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:24 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04 »

With his children's love for heights, Avinneas began planning something special for his children. A grant mountain by which they will be recognized. However more immediate concerns plagued The Radiant One's mind. There had been an unusual dry spell on the plains nearby. Suspecting it to with the giant crevice that had opened weeks prior, Avinneas drew up water from the lake and Ocean to revitalize the plain.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 05:49 »

A minor spring had erupted in the midst of the Unformed Lands. With Lord Atlaran's eye upon it, it soon grew into an inland, freshwater sea.

Map
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05 »

The Shaper had begun work on his creation within his Forge, but felt that once started, the one Forge would not be enough. Therefore, the Shaper set out to expand on its domain, dragging further masses of ore and stone down into the fiery sea beneath the world, there to fuel the Shaper's designs. The Shaper's will kept the magma contained to the new Forges, and the Shaper's will kept it ever-boiling, ready for whatever tasks the Shaper had in store for it.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 09:29 »

It was at that time Karm, smith and member of the powerful House Of Crows discovered that should the blood of one who posses the spark of magic in him be mixed with molten iron, before it was formed and forged into the shape and carbonized to become steel, the resulting alloy will be infused with the raw magic. The blades became sharper and harder to break, armours lighter and thinner, while retaining all their protective capabilities.  And so, Karn was the first to master the art of bloodfroing. Even Cerbin, the Sovereign of the Island of Thorns and the head of the House of Crows was greatly impressed when he was given the first bloodforged sword, named Durendal, in the honour of great warrior of past.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:44 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 00:31 »

"And Augaerii prayed to Father, longing for power and knowledge. He heard their desire to know and to understand and rejoiced deeply inside.
>>Primarchus<<, he spoke once upon a time, at night, >>Gather my children who desire to use their potential, so that I could teach them the ways I walked.<<
And children gathered. So Who Knows Nowhere opened their minds for power to flow through."

-Book of Emergence, chapter eight.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32 »

Age of Land, Round 8
Initiative and Base Power:
  • X (11 Power)+0
  • Gargulec (3 Power)+3
  • ZZ (7 Power)+3
  • Aerdan (5 Power)+3
  • S.K.Ren (8 Power)+3
  • Silhar (5 Power)+3

You know the drill by now.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 14:43 »

And so it was that the Shaper Mirach created the First.
Its skin the stone of the world, its sinews the pure metal,
Its heart the spark of blazing heat from the world's heart.
The Shaper Mirach gave the First the power to shape itself and others,
And bid the First to create more of its kind.
Thus was our race of Rryth forged.

The First was a sphere of semi-molten rock, still blazing hot from the fires of its creation. It found it could shape extensions of its body to fulfill tasks as were needed. It found it could float above the craggy walls of the Forge and above the blazing heat of the Forge Pit itself. It found materials, and so set to bringing forth more of its kind, as its own Shaper had commanded, from the stone and ore of the Forge's tunnels, where they would dwell.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 14:46 by Xander Morhaime »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 15:21 »

Elves were dimly aware of the world outside the Island Of Thorns. Between wars and eternal struggle for survival on their island, they had little time or possibility to wonder what lies beyond the horizon.

That does not mean that it stopped them from wondering entirely.

One of the tribes- or clans, for this is how they came to call themselves- happened to be forced out of their home valley during particularly vicious war among them and the Steelsong Clan. They found shelter in gloomy woods that grew on the border of the ocean. Most elves refused to tread there, justly afraid of monstrosities that lurked in shadows, but this particular clan had no other choice.

They settled down, braving the forests. And soon they became the first of elven kind to hear and heed the siren's call of the sea. While other elves feared and loathed it, they begun to love it. It was not long, until they learned the craft that was necessary for them. shipbuilding. While their first boats were crude, and often destroyed by raging storms, they soon managed to create first reliable vessels, capable of crossing the seas.

Not long after, a first ship was sent to discover the lands outside the island, on personal order of the Goddess, Ios. After many weeks of tedious journey, this sleek craft, carrying one of the House Of The Crows mages aboard managed to land on unknown shores. Thick jungle was visible in the distance, as they stood on the sand beach, wondering what- if anything- can live in such paradise.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2010, 04:58 »

"It's time for me to create my own intelligent beings. Let them be called Khrolian. Creating test being.". Zorian quickly imagined what kind of creature he wants to create. It was a dragon with a constitution of a human. It had a tough scales and quite big wings. His eyes produced unseen to most light that illuminated dark areas to provide them perfect night sight. "Looks fine. Sending it to real world.". And then, a creature directly from Zorian's mind appeared in the caverns below the center mountain.
"Greetings, my son. I'm Zorian Zel, your god and creator. You're here to live your life and explore this world. Soon after you discover part of this place, I'll grant you the ability to create more of your kind, and your task will be to teach them ways of Khrolian. And by now, you're free to do anything." - was the voice heard in the head of new being.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6