Chaosforge Forum

• May 19, 2024, 23:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF  (Read 37267 times)

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
Re: Xemorid - Dawn of Worlds PBF
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 14:56 »

The seas grew restless, carving new routes through the lands of Xemorid...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 16:01 »

Though The Radiant One was powerful, he was not all powerful. Such massive acts of shaping took energy from the undeveloped lands nearby. Sensing a weak spot in the local area, Avinneas drew heavily upon the land there to provide him with power such that he would not damage the lands closer to his children's home.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 02:41 »

"As The Lost God had seen the ships on the horizon, thus he whispered to Primarchus :
>>I've seen the Strangers are coming to your home. Prepare your people, fortify your dwellings ! Move through the shallow water to the east and build me there a city, so you could find your salvation there. Teach my men how to bind Living Metal to their will, how to use herbs for easing pain and causing poisoning. Use everything I gave you, defend your motherland. Who knows what kind of pain and torture do bring the newcomers ?<<
The most potent and most ingenious children of Augaerias heard and obeyed, altering their reality with bare minds, and the rest followed. With concentrated pure power of will, nothing would persist.
Soon, the jungle itself changed by Augaerii handiworks. Half of pulsing metal, half-wooden plants gave shelter to armored animals, faster, stronger, even more deadly than before yet even more beautiful beings, shimmering roots flashed in the sun and metal leaves were sharp as blades. Ideal geometric shapes along with perfection of nature. The look truly inspiring yet dangerous and billiantly unsettling.
And above, overhead, High Spires of Mind Gate hanged in their majesty, their twisted walls challenging every single foe with a roar of complete, stunning silence and peace.
Those who bring harm would stand not a shadow of chance."

-Book of Emergence, chapter nine.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 12:13 »

Age of Land, Round 9
Initiative and Base Power:
  • Xander Morhaime (6 Power) +1
  • ZZ (6 Power) +1
  • S.K Ren (8 Power)+3
  • Gargulec(3 Power)+3
  • Silhar (3 Power)+3
  • Aerdan (3 Power)+3

It's the last turn when the majority required to advance in age. On the next turn a single person required
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:39 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41 »

While the creations began to settle into their new homes, forming tunnels and dwellings out of the living rock, the Shaper turned its attention once more to the surface. A great plain east of the Forge was soon swept with a fiery wave, leaving the land barren and bare, the soil turned to mica glass.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 13:27 »

Zorian Zel carefully watched as his creation progressed. It didn't disappoint him. A young Khrolian did explore the dungeon and discovered part of it. When he stopped for another rest, Zorian spoke to him:
"Hello again, my son. You've done well in exploring the dungeon. Now I give you the power to create another of your kin as you wish. Do it, and teach them what you did find. When you'll finish I'll speak to you as well as to those you did create, and teach the way you could speak with each other".

Khrolian listened to his master. Although he had much questions to ask, he decided to do what his master asks for this was the only way to force the master to speak to him again. He concentrated on the new power he felt. Then, from everything he saw, new khrolians emerged. From rocks emerged brown scaled khrolians. From the essence of water in the air appeared blue scaled khrolians. From the air itself white scaled khrolians appeared. And the rarest ones appeared from the heat essence in the air - red scaled khrolians.
"Greetings, my sons and daughters. I'm Zorian Zel - your god and creator. I will guide you through this dungeon, which contains many secrets. If you discover all of them, you'll be far stronger than you are now. And for now - a little trick for you. If you focus your mind on my voice, everything you think will be heard for every living being. If you focus on my voice and on someone in particullar, everything you think will be heard for him. Practise this ability, do not fear failures and learn from mistakes - and you'll be rewarded".

As Zorian spoke to new race appeared, he sensed that it would be a long road till this race would learn all the knowledge he has prepared for them. "Well, infinite time helps greatly. Good thing I have it"
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 17:01 »

Starting from Age of Land Round 10, NO FURTHER RACIAL DEVELOPMENT MAY TAKE PLACE UNTIL ALL REMAINING UNFORMED LANDMASS HAS BEEN SHAPED. Further, advancement and votes thereunto are suspended until the above has occurred.

Silhar has been pushed to the end of the Initiative queue. I'll be after him. Thusly, it is now SK's turn.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 17:02 by Aerdan »
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -- Engineer's motto.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 18:17 »

Avinneas' children were strong. They looked to their father for guidance, but did not rely on his strength. With little else to go, Avinneas worked on the local area, awaiting the time when his children would grow beyond their initial home.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2010, 05:08 »

While elves and their Goddess thrived on far north, Windstalker turned his attention to the land, still unformed. With wicked grin on his face, he allowed parts of his essences to seep through veil that separated the land of living from the plane of the Powers.

Land tainted by his vile powers turned into seemingly colourless waste. But it was enough to take a fistful of dust from the ground there to notice that in hand every single grain of dirt appeared to take a different hue. For this land was as close to the unshaded chaos as it was only possible. Will sufficiently strong and skilled in manipulating residual powers of the world was more that capable of shaping this land to it's own whim... Of course, sooner or later, such shapes would collapse back into dust, but still, it land of infinite possibilities. And infinite dangers.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 15:17 »

"The Children were waiting as ships were getting closer and closer, crouched behind walls of razors. And so was The Wanderer. On this day even bladefeathers were dead silent."

Aerdan

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Winter Knight
    • View Profile
    • Inari
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 05:54 »

And so Lord Atlaran gazed upon the world once more, reaching into the formless void near the inland sea. Imbuing it with his will, the void soon became a bountiful, albeit hilly, grasslands.

Map

Age of Land, Round 10
Initiative and Base Power:
  • ZZ (1 Power) +2
  • Gargulec (3 Power) +3
  • Silhar (6 Power) +0
  • Xander Morhaime (2 Power) +2
  • S.K Ren (3 Power) +3
  • Aerdan (3 Power) +3

Reminder: No racial modification may be done and the Age of Land will only end after all land has been shaped.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2010, 13:48 »

Khrollians are progressing well in exploring the dungeon. So Zorian decided to return to shaping the land. Now he found that unshaped peninsula at the north-western part of the mainland looks quite familiar to him, and the decided to modify it a little. "Grow more plants" - was his next command to the land.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2010, 14:44 »

More and more of the Windstalker's essence tainted the land, making both Colourless Wastes and the Hills Of Iron Grass grow and expand.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2010, 01:58 »

Meanwhile, in the southern islands, great forests bloomed and spread all over the place. Healthy, strong trees grew high and new life was born.
Yet, some twisted power changed the fresh being, warping it beyond belief.
Waters became stagnant, poisonous and deadly, causing death and disease.
Animals turned rabid, killing each other in a kind of blind, furious frenzy.
Even trees twisted, so that they became carnivorous...

The forest's heart itself has gone wrong, the wilderness giving shelter to creations dark and tainted.

The Southern Blood-Marsh became real, its vengeful spirit lucid and hatching its dark plans.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 14:41 »

The firestorms continued to roll across the land surrounding the forge, turning more of the barren land to even more barren glass plains and hills.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6