General > Graveyard

Long Goodbye - CthulhuTech PBF- IC

<< < (12/12)

Gargulec:
Alex tried to smile, but he only managed to give you some sort of a... grimace, for the lack of the better word.

'I don't need any special forces for the thing I want you to do' he muttered. 'Besides- you are the only trusted personnel I have, and the thing is kind of, well, urgent- and as I said before, I don't want to contact OIS just now.'

He led you out of the interrogation room, back into the brightly lit, empty corridor. It did not escape your attention that there was no cameras or other surveillance device here- it was quite odd, considering the purpose of this section of the base.

'See, when this outpost was established, with a great effort, I managed to...' he paused, suddenly. 'Well, I just hope that this conversation will never reach outside of this walls, for what I have done may be considered a transgression of the law. I contacted and struck a deal with head honcho of the local Arcane Underground. He promised to keep an eye for anything really dangerous- like those books, if I did not interfere with his businesses. It worked- until now, that is. I contacted him few hours ago, and he agreed to meet with "someone trusted" in the city. Myself, I can't go, I can't leave my post. But you? You can get short leave for today's evening, go and see the man, and give me any information he gives you. Such books appearing on the market could not escape his notice- so it is likely that he will now the seller, or, better yet, a buyer.'

He shrugged.

'It should not be any dangerous. I know this man, he is sensible, he knows that if anything happens to you, I have his name, and I will unleash same on him sevenfold.'

Xander Morhaime:
"Vengeance is scant comfort to dead men," Kroenen pointed out soberly. "I don't like these secret dealings and arcane mysteries. For old times' sake, though... I suppose I can go meet with this contact of yours. If it goes sour, though, I am coming back to haunt you."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version