Chaosforge Forum

• June 09, 2024, 07:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: game stat reset  (Read 3980 times)

kingwesleyr

• Private FC
  • Death himself
    • View Profile
game stat reset
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:02 »

wana start the game again andt again to have unlock all the levels again, or just start again to get a better result, well i think that if there was an option/ a way to delete stats for a player to start all over again and get ranks ect again, a bit like the COD prestige but access able form any level

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: game stat reset
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:44 »

You can always delete your player.wad or/and scores.wad for achievements/scores reset
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 16:36 »

You can always delete your player.wad or/and scores.wad for achievements/scores reset
Failing which you can just redownload the game and unzip into a different folder.  Same effect.

Hard resets like these should probably remain without an in-game option just because it is really easy to screw it up

Also, I'm confused to the "better result" portion.  You do realise that some of the medals require a ridiculous number of kills right?  By resetting to gain a "better result", you're just prolonging the time it takes to get to the higher badge levels.
I computed, therefore I was.

kingwesleyr

• Private FC
  • Death himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26 »

Also, I'm confused to the "better result" portion.  You do realise that some of the medals require a ridiculous number of kills right?  By resetting to gain a "better result", you're just prolonging the time it takes to get to the higher badge levels.

i mean this because, people may wana start the game again to get less deaths whilest trying to get the aciments, also if u are the best rank, u anit really unlock stuff so you might as well start again to get the acivments again, i didn't know how to do to do this by going in to the files, anyway i thought if an in game one  you could add stuff like diffrent ranks and more likey to get better weapons or stuff like that or changing the name of the ranks to sound better (like i said a bit like the cod prestige)

`

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:24 »

i mean this because, people may wana start the game again to get less deaths whilest trying to get the aciments, also if u are the best rank, u anit really unlock stuff so you might as well start again to get the acivments again, i didn't know how to do to do this by going in to the files, anyway i thought if an in game one  you could add stuff like diffrent ranks and more likey to get better weapons or stuff like that or changing the name of the ranks to sound better (like i said a bit like the cod prestige)

`
This sounds alright.
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 04:49 »

I do not get a single message from you post. Please use capital letters and comas, because the message you are trying to pass to us is garbled. It is really hard to read it, let alone answer it or give suggestions.

I do not know why in the hell would I delete my statistics and achievement, since number of deaths doesn't determine anything in the game. You do not get degraded for getting killed, however, you get rewards (badges, ranks, unlocking of difficulty levels and challenges) for winning the game under certain conditions (with melee weapons, with fists only, for completing the Hell Arena). So idea to reset the stats is pointless, since you can easily delete the two files that previous users have mentioned.

I am even against such an option, since you could easily mis-click and delete your stats.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:57 »

What the hell is an "aciment"?
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:31 »

`

Win:Lose doesn't matter.
Fun fact; You will most likely die 300 times before achieving 1 victory in higher difficulties.

Stat reset would be pointless as there is absolutely nothing it would help you with, nor would you ever have any reason to actually do it considering I highly doubt we'll ever see cyberdemon godhand unless someone super lucky super skilled individual pops out somewhere.
i dont even know anymore

kingwesleyr

• Private FC
  • Death himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59 »

I do not get a single message from you post. Please use capital letters and comas, because the message you are trying to pass to us is garbled. It is really hard to read it, let alone answer it or give suggestions.
Sorry mate will do :D
I do not know why in the hell would I delete my statistics and achievement, since number of deaths doesn't determine anything in the game. You do not get degraded for getting killed, however, you get rewards (badges, ranks, unlocking of difficulty levels and challenges) for winning the game under certain conditions (with melee weapons, with fists only, for completing the Hell Arena). So idea to reset the stats is pointless, since you can easily delete the two files that previous users have mentioned.
yes i know that know
I am even against such an option, since you could easily mis-click and delete your stats.
well like with cod prestige it has 3-4 screens explaining what happens and gives u the chance at all of those screens to go back in case  miss clicked or you changed your mind
What the hell is an "aciment"?
miss  spelling form me, it means achievement

Win:Lose doesn't matter.
Fun fact; You will most likely die 300 times before achieving 1 victory in higher difficulties.

Stat reset would be pointless as there is absolutely nothing it would help you with, nor would you ever have any reason to actually do it considering I highly doubt we'll ever see cyberdemon godhand unless someone super lucky super skilled individual pops out somewhere.
well some people might wana do it because they are bored of trying to get new stuff achievements when they find it hard and might just wana restart the game without having to change anything in the main system file in-case they break any way  it was just a suggestion
please don't ridicule me for suggestion

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:01 by kingwesleyr »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27 »

I think you might just be the first to reach there.  Severely OOT I know.

To kingwesleyr:
So I suppose the responses here are very aggressive sounding -- I apologise on behalf of the folks who have replied something here.  DoomRL is a dear game to us all and so we can get rather passionate when we are debating the merits of a suggested change.  We only ridicule ideas and not people -- try not to take things too personally, yah?

That is the one thing I never quite liked about forums -- it misses out the whole nuance side of things due to the very curt way in which language is being used sometimes.  Oh, it's also a good idea to use case and grammar rules here and other forums as it tends to suggest that the post is more measured and likely to have been thought through thoroughly as compared to one that is essentially a run on clausal fragment.  Of course I'm not saying that your ideas were not thought through though.  ;-)

Meanwhile, have fun with DoomRL and may the RNG smile upon you gracefully.  (=
I computed, therefore I was.

kingwesleyr

• Private FC
  • Death himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34 »

yer ok ty i understand now,
sorry guys for that, it was just an idea
Pages: [1]