Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 09:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Wiki: Reactivation  (Read 73269 times)

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki: Reactivation
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2011, 02:14 »

Well, I couldn't find a more relevant topic about wiki corrections.

Anyway, Ballistic *armor's move speed is -20%, and not original.
As a "Ballistic red armor" has -20% speed, just as the normal red armor. But a ballistic green armor, which has -5%, gets bumped down to -20% too.

Edit: Oh, and Fireproof armor is Original-10%, not -10%. :x
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:57 by Bloax »

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2011, 07:31 »

@Bloax: You should be able to edit the Wiki yourself at this point. If your forum posts exceed 20 or you are a supporter, then you're allowed to log on to the Wiki. So long as what you're editing in the "Game Information" section is a more accurate account of the information already provided, I have no problems with people working in that area. (If you wanted to talk about why one would wear these armors in the first place, for instance, you should use the corresponding Strategy: page that is linked to it.)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2011, 07:51 »

Ah, yes. It's kinda hard to spot that "Login" button at the very top-right corner.

Zalminen

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • The Good, The Bad & The Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2011, 11:05 »

I probably don't have enough posts yet to fix these myself:

In the badges page the Arachno Bronze Badge is listed under Silver badges and Arena Silver Badge is listed under Gold badges. The actual requirements look correct so it's just a name error.
Hell Baron Captain (0.9.9.6)
[25/19/9/0/0] m:25 sp:54 as:38

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48 »

Hyperblaster has accuracy +4, not +8.
Also C is immune to knockback only on his arena, when generated in Ao100 he takes it normally.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2011, 08:46 »

Accidently found out that having GCB in prepared slot counts for Grammaton Cleric Cross.Not sure if i should edit info on wiki, so wrote here.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13 »

There are a few places that could use some help on the Wiki. These are the pages (and, for some, their linked pages) that require the most work:
Explanations regarding the overall necessary changes are at the top of each page. If you have the ability and in-game knowledge to update these pages, it'll be very appreciated.

Also note that the modding docs (and, subsequently, the tutorial series) have yet to be updated for 0.9.9.5. This will be done ASAP by me and whomever else on the dev team has time to help out.

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2012, 09:44 »

I added a new special level generation table to the Levels page, including the depths in which they spawn.
The information there is based purely on my observation and the ranges (especially of the later special levels) may be incorrect sometimes - I wrote it down to the best of knowledge. Feel free to correct any errors I may have made.

EDIT: I guess I have too much time on my hands, as I rewrote the Badges as well. This time, I took the requirements straight from the game, so the badges should be as accurate as possible. But still, please proof-read and correct any errors I made, or any badges I happened to miss.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:58 by ZicherCZ »
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

tinyrodent

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11 »

I added a new special level generation table to the Levels page, including the depths in which they spawn.
The information there is based purely on my observation and the ranges (especially of the later special levels) may be incorrect sometimes - I wrote it down to the best of knowledge. Feel free to correct any errors I may have made.

I made a few corrections based on dumping the levels table in lua code. Is there any point in keeping the pre-9.9.5 information?
Arch-Vile Major

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18 »

I made a few corrections based on dumping the levels table in lua code.
Thanks for the corrections. So many mistakes I made ... :)
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

tinyrodent

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2012, 15:05 »

I'm willing to make a contribution to the Assemblies section, but is it necessary to retain pre-9.9.5 info? (I hope not :) )
Arch-Vile Major

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2012, 15:08 »

I'm willing to make a contribution to the Assemblies section, but is it necessary to retain pre-9.9.5 info? (I hope not :) )
Retaining previous info is what the Wiki history was made for. Although there used to be a small habit (back in the days of the previous Wiki) of tagging and storing older versions on separate pages, I really don't see the need to do so. Edit all you want!

tinyrodent

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2012, 10:01 »

I've updated the Assemblies summary page and several of the individual assemblies. Not quite finished yet. But I've found what is probably a bug; unlike most other assemblies, the Nano-shrapnel (any shotgun + PPN) does in fact depend on the order of assembly. A plain shotgun may assemble as an 8d3 nano shotgun; or up to a 10d4 nano shotgun.

Also the reload dynamic of combat shotgun with nano pack doesn't seem logical. It has a magazine of 5+ which is always full after a nano mod is applied. However it can't be fired on consecutive turns; it requires player movement to pump a shell into the chamber. That might be ok but it does not allow manual pumping into the chamber, even though the magazine is full.
Arch-Vile Major

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2012, 11:45 »

But I've found what is probably a bug; unlike most other assemblies, the Nano-shrapnel (any shotgun + PPN) does in fact depend on the order of assembly. A plain shotgun may assemble as an 8d3 nano shotgun; or up to a 10d4 nano shotgun.
Dang, I was hoping I hadn't missed any. I'll do another runthrough of the assemblies to make sure we catch all of the mod-ordering cases. (Here, it looks like I used the wrong damage value.) On the other hand, a lot of assemblies will be outright different, so there's that.

Also the reload dynamic of combat shotgun with nano pack doesn't seem logical. It has a magazine of 5+ which is always full after a nano mod is applied. However it can't be fired on consecutive turns; it requires player movement to pump a shell into the chamber. That might be ok but it does not allow manual pumping into the chamber, even though the magazine is full.
This is a weirdness resulting from the combat shotgun: I think a quick fix would be to remove its pumping mechanism altogether. This would have to affect any instance in which a pumping weapon is suddenly granted regeneration, however, so I'll look for a more robust solution.

tinyrodent

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2012, 15:32 »

Some other weird assemblies

nanomachic pistol (2d4) [13/12] (pistol + BBBN)

Depending on the order assembled it might have less bullets initially. Bullets do not regenerate at one per turn as described in the wiki. But reload works?! The wiki blabs about clip size but it's irrelevant since the gun no longer consumes ammo at all. nanomachic chaingun is similar. Seems like it would make more sense to fill the clip when the assembly is completed and not allow reload.

I cannot tell if the master BFG has 100% accuracy or not. Same for energy pistol. Sniper mod alone or in these assemblies doesn't give any clues in the character info or weapon info that the accuracy has changed.
Arch-Vile Major
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10