Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 17:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Live stream DoomRL playthroughs?  (Read 4034 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Live stream DoomRL playthroughs?
« on: August 08, 2010, 16:11 »

Well I had this little idea on my mind.. How many of you guys would be intrested in DoomRL playthrough live streams? Aka just watching me play DoomRL as I go through my attemps of bagging new badges and all and possibly having an opportunity for a little live tutorial and learning things.

Just asking this as I've kinda always wanted to try out livestreaming a certain friend of mine who's very experiened on it is willing to give me a hand at it. So if there is intrested on this I'm thinking of doing it.

Ofcourse if the DoomRL itself is less intresting I can always try streaming regular Doom. =P
i dont even know anymore

Ultra578

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Live stream DoomRL playthroughs?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 17:07 »

Live stream DoomRL playthroughs sound like a great idea, they could be useful for many players from noobs curious about how best to tackle the wall or veterans looking for tips on obtaining that certain badge.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 19:10 »

There are already a few videos on youtube, and a collection of those for "how to get this badge" would be excellent. Your idea of live streaming is even better for helping out people. They could suggest run types and you could go for it.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Garlyle

• Lance Corporal
  • Former Human Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 21:48 »

I would totally be interested.
0.9.9.7 Stats: [7 M / 17 S / 4 A] - [10 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 0 / 0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 22:00 »

Watching a live stream of the Fanta Hege?  Who could resist? =D

But if you want to live stream Doom, I'd rather you live stream AA-Doom.  Makes it more interesting for the whole eye-bleeding bit...
I computed, therefore I was.

Garlyle

• Lance Corporal
  • Former Human Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:17 »

I would watch a DoomRL stream, to be sure.
Especially from one of the best players.
0.9.9.7 Stats: [7 M / 17 S / 4 A] - [10 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 0 / 0]

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:09 »

Well allrighty then. Considering there actually seems to be some intrest around here I'm gona see how to pull this livestreaming off then.

It might take a while to set thise things up though as I need to catch this one busy fellow first.

eitherway, when it comes to the times when I'll try stream em, what would be the best times? Somewhere in the weekend? Just bit before weekend? Day/Evening?
i dont even know anymore

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 16:11 »

Please be aware that you're dealing with people from around the world. Probably best to let people know what timezone you're working in first, or give an idea of what you're thinking of for times, and convert them to multiple time zones to give people an idea of when to be online.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 16:19 »

Please be aware that you're dealing with people from around the world. Probably best to let people know what timezone you're working in first, or give an idea of what you're thinking of for times, and convert them to multiple time zones to give people an idea of when to be online.

This is what I am taking on a notice.
I'm just trying to get the general idea what is the best about time around. I'm mostly intrested in the actual day what to place on.

I'm most likely going to try streaming on weekend however. So after I get some good ideas on the timings I'll try put some more accurate times to vote about.
i dont even know anymore

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19 »

Allright, gona bump this up a bit to give some info;
I've currently gotten most of the things needed for a decent livestream up now, well hopefully atleast.

And I'm planning to have a testing stream later today/tomorrow, aka Friday.
So I though over on what would be a more decent time and decided that I'll most likely stream somewhere between 21:00 - 24:00 GMT 0, (9 - 12pm) So in US it'd be about 3 - 7 pm? Not really sure whats the US central time.
I'm still deciding over it though as I can't really go too late even though I am a night person and happen to live in EU. 

Eitherway, some little feedback/suggestions to tweak the times would be really welcome.
I'll post up the link to the stream later when the time is more right and I'll start streaming.
i dont even know anymore

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:10 »

I live in GMT+1, It would be nice if u started @ 20:00 GMT 0, but it's only me ;)
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 08:30 »

I'm in the US, EST (near New York and anything south of it), and right now (just as a measure) it's about 10:30 AM here. For someone living in California (ie, PST), it'd be more like 7:30 AM. EST is GMT-5, if you want to be precise.

Those times will likely work fine for me, I don't have class after 3 PM on Fridays. You're probably best off trying it on a weekend night, but if that's busy for you (which I can understand) then yeah, Fridays are likely your only other option.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:08 »

I am planning to do thise more on the weekends in the future but I kinda just want to make a test run first just to see how well it works out.

I could start it at 20:00 gmt0 allready but I'm still unsure on the times.

Edit: aaaaaaand I'm gona have to post pone this.
Unfortunantly due of some weird reasons, the sounds isn't recording even as I enable the stereo mix and all. My flash plugin also keeps crashing and generally small problems. Playing without sounds isn't gona work out too well and using this mic isn't gona work out either due of a lot of background noise and unable to have a lot of noise at late night.

I'm gona try put up a new time for this weekend once I get this stuff sorted out.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:12 by Fanta Hege »
i dont even know anymore
Pages: [1]