Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Now playing... (games)  (Read 141166 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: Now playing... (games)
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2012, 16:52 »

Powder (the Roguelike that got me into Roguelikes)
Shattered Lands (Half-Giant Gladiator, Dwarf Fighter/Thief, Halfling Druid/Psionicist, Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric/Preserver)
Wake of the Ravager (Same party as above, they just got into Tyr)
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2012, 02:46 »

ADOM, the first ever roguelike for me like ten years ago.
I. Will. Grab. That. Grey. Elf. Wizard. Win. I. F..king. Will. ;)
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2012, 10:43 »

Goddamn... I started another UFO: Enemy Unknown game... here's hoping I won't lose interest again after couple of days. It's been ages since I last finished that game.

At least it will probably prod me to continue my Starcraft 2 project.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2014, 11:03 »

Unlocking this (yaaay, mod power "abuse") just to say that after finally getting a computer upgrade I got a chance to play some Diablo 3. And in my opinion, despite all the whining, hatred and huge amount of D2 nostalgia goggles running in the so-called "diablo community" the game is pretty enjoyable. So that's that, now use this thread to breathe some life back into the forums maybe?
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2014, 11:29 »

Yay, life!

Currently going through Baldur's Gate/Tales of the Sword Coast again, hoping this time Durlag's Tower doesn't bug out on me :S
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2014, 14:34 »

Civilization 5. Extremely addictive - don't try this at home.

Just ... One ... More ... Turn ...
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2014, 21:32 »

Unlocking this (yaaay, mod power "abuse") just to say that after finally getting a computer upgrade I got a chance to play some Diablo 3. And in my opinion, despite all the whining, hatred and huge amount of D2 nostalgia goggles running in the so-called "diablo community" the game is pretty enjoyable. So that's that, now use this thread to breathe some life back into the forums maybe?
Sweet!  Now you can try Torchlight II and tell us what you think between the Old Blizzard Team vs New Blizzard Team!

Meanwhile, I'm kinda doing a toss up between Halo, SoTS: The Pit, BL2 and convincing myself to work on DoomRL's next sneak peek.
I computed, therefore I was.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2014, 21:56 »

Sweet!  Now you can try Torchlight II and tell us what you think between the Old Blizzard Team vs New Blizzard Team!
Already did. T2 still suffers from the same glass canon syndrome that T1 did, and in fact it appears sooner. So no thanks, I'll pass.

RogerN

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15 »

Already did. T2 still suffers from the same glass canon syndrome that T1 did, and in fact it appears sooner. So no thanks, I'll pass.

There's a bunch of mods for T2 that totally rebalance the game and may improve your enjoyment of it; I've been playing Synergies most recently.  That, at least, is a feature Diablo 3 cannot offer.

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2014, 07:51 »

Titan Quest was by far my favorite of the Diablo-type games. I enjoyed it more than Diablo.
Thus, I am eagerly awaiting Grim Dawn - the TQ dev. team's very successful KS from last year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2014, 14:17 »

Just rediscovered Kakuro; hard levels still make my brain hurt.

I love kakuro, and sudoku. thanks for the link.
Over and Out!

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2014, 11:23 »

I used to really enjoy titan quest!
I hated diablo 3 though... I've heard it's a lot better since they closed down the auction house, but for diablo games I've always been a fan of ironman diablo 1! Diablo 1 just had such a lonely atmosphere, and my heart identifies with haunting loneliness a lot more than it does with perilous dread!

As for me, I've been absolutely hammering starcraft 2 recently! Back-to-back games for hours on end!
In between those, though, I've been putting a few hours into FTL (now that there's a hard more in the advanced edition), Don't starve, ADOM, and hearthstone.
It feels very good to have kicked my League of Legends addiction once and for all! x
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52 »

I came to Diablo 3 after RMAH closed so can't comment on how it affected the game myself but a friend of mine that had the game from when it came out said it was, indeed a great improvement. And then patch 2.0 and expansion applied more improvements to go with that - the game is fine...

...the so-called community? Less so. In fact I'd say the official US Diablo 3 forums are downright caustic, with amounts of whine and rage aimed at Blizzard drowning out most of the actually constructive criticism. My (least) favourite topics that come back on and on are variations of "I played for 2000+ hours and I'm bored. Only 2000 hours for $80 game? What a disgrace, the game is crap" and "Blizzard should remake Diablo 2 with new graphics - it'd be next to no effort and would earn them millions!" (suuuuuuure it would). Ugh. I'm not sure why I browse those forums still, must be some form of masochism.

On more positive note I must agree that Diablo 1 is a great game that aged pretty well (*coughunlikediablotwocough*). In fact few months ago I re-played it with help of a mod allowing for windowed play in modern systems (finally!) and a fanmade patch for some of the outstanding bugs and had good time.

Aside from that I decided to dig out Fallout New Vegas... again... and after showing 50+ mods/compatibility patches down it's throat I think it's ready to play \o/

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2014, 22:31 »

Well the more focus on the gameplay a game is, the greater its effective life it seems.  See also old-school games like chess.  Basic hack-and-slash will never die out -- their interface just keeps morphing to whatever the dominant form is.  But the core idea of a grid-based world stays more or less consistent.

Same reason why rogue-likes are still in existence and are having some kind of a come back these days.
I computed, therefore I was.

Thiebs

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Totally Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52 »

I whole-heartedly agree with this:
Quote from: Sylph link=topic=3278.msg63211#msg63211
date=1405531433
Diablo 1 just had such a lonely atmosphere, and my heart identifies with haunting loneliness a lot more than it does with perilous dread!
As for me, I just started up The Lost Vikings and have been marathoning it the last few nights. I feel like it would have been easy as a small child, but my boring adult brain struggles with such puzzly goodness.
As for what I've been playing: Magic, the Gathering, A hone-brew RPG system we call Project Eggo, and, of course, DoomRL, my favorite Roguelike. ;)
0.9.9.7- Hell Baron 1st Lieutenant: (23|13|5|0|0)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20