General > Graveyard

Stars & Salvage PBF - IC Thread

(1/22) > >>

Xander Morhaime:
Parthia system, southern fringe of Federation space
June 12th, 2805, 12:03 galstandard time

"It's a good ship, sir. The best you can get in this sector and this price range, certainly..."

The manager of the Parthia IV station impound dock continued making his sales pitch as you all stood in an observation deck overlooking the berth holding the ship the man was going on about. An old destroyer, decommissioned a long time ago and since then subjected to numerous modifications by its subsequent owners. Its shape was blocky, nowhere near as stylish as the more modern ships, but it looked to be in good condition... and, being in the impound dock, it came dead cheap. The name "Blue Crow" was painted on the side of the hull.

"...plasma steel armour plating, a pair of SirTech 28-series mark 3 pulse thrusters, four hardpoint turrets to ward off all but the most determined or suicidal pirate..."

Parthia itself was a rather unimportant system. Five planets, two of which were gas giants, and the other three were uninhabited rocks that hadn't yet merited the attention of any colonisers, and an asteroid belt between the first and second planet serving as the system's main point of interest. And of course there was the waystation above Parthia IV, the first of two gas giants in the system. It made its business refuelling ships and processing raw ore from belt miners... and, at times like this, also from selling ships confiscated to cover debts.

"...shipboard AI, medical bay, plenty of cargo space, prospector drones included in the package. A real steal at this price, I should think..."

You'd all come here in the employ or company of Doran Routhe, a retired officer of the Federation 3rd Fleet. After so many systems traversed by passenger liner you had finally decided that having your own ship would be far more preferable... and, in the long run, more profitable. Of course, ship prices being what they are it wasn't looking good until you happened to chance upon the auction where the Blue Crow was being sold. Of course buying it used up most of your collective funds, but it looked like it could pay off soon.

"...everything as the owner left it, save for perishable supplies which had to be removed off ship. Assuming there's no questions, I'll just need sir's authorisation on the transaction and you can move on to having a look around the ship yourselves."

Malek Deneith:
- It comes with an AI? That's rare, especially considering it's a destroyer. - Doran tapped the ground with his cane - Is the reactor supplied, or do we need to buy fuel to make it run?

Xander Morhaime:
"I believe the AI was one of the modifications installed by the previous captain. And a fuel refill comes with the package, sir," the manager replied with a smile. "The ship is also fitted with fuel scoops... it's nowhere near as efficient as refuelling at a station, but the option's there."

Malek Deneith:
- Well unless others have any questions I guess we can authorize and move on. Real luck to find a ship at such price. It might be old, but it sounds well equipped for the cost.

UltimateChaos:
Pacing impatiently back and forth Dr. Shelder makes an idle gesture, his attention obviously focused elsewhere.

Well, what are you waiting for Commodore?  Sign the damned thing so we have a way off this rock.  I hope the medical bay is in better condition than it's hull.

Vince's hands working quickly, he draws out what appears to be the claw of a large feral beast from his shrit.  His hand grips it tightly, but his cold steely eyes stare straight at the retired commodore, Doran.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version