Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 00:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DoomRL Featured in TotalGamer magazine!  (Read 5738 times)

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
DoomRL Featured in TotalGamer magazine!
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:53 »

Today a friend of mine came over bearing DVD's, and a copy of TotalGamer (an australian gameing magazine (even though we live in New Zealand)), The important part is that there is a segment on DoomRL in it!

Quoting: TotalGamer Magazine
Ever played those old ASCII, text-character based RPGs like NetHack and Rogue? Ever played the classic shooter Doom? Well, this is Doom done the ASCII and unofficial way. Download and bask and in its old-school glory.

Okay so it was on the DVD that came with the magazine, but it looks like people are really looking at it! Plus I am told that it has been featured in other TG magazines before

Kornel - The site contains a link to - Better make the site look slightly more active ;)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 03:21 »

Quoting: Anticheese
Plus I am told that it has been featured in other TG magazines before

Could you gather more info on that? :D I'd be especially interested in screenshots/descriptions etc :P.

As for the update -- I hate writing "I'm just telling you that I work!" stuff... but well, I think it's needed :/
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 10:26 »

Right, tomorrow (It's 9:21 PM at the time of writing) I'll get the digital camera (for the CD) and upload a screenshot of the DVD file.

Quoting: Kornel Kisielewicz
As for the update -- I hate writing "I'm just telling you that I work!" stuff... but well, I think it's needed :/

I agree with you on both counts, It's just that most casual users will discount any possibility of using the forums if the main page has not been updated in 6 months.

All the same, It's great that the game is getting mention in magazines! I'll try to reccomend it to Netguide magazine as well.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 04:57 »

Quoting: Kornel Kisielewicz
Could you gather more info on that? :D I'd be especially interested in screenshots/descriptions etc :P.

Update saying "DoomRL betas ready!" with a message saying that you need a forum account to get them. That would work, wouldn't it?
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:57 »

Proberbaly.

I find it kind of illogical that DoomRL has a community of about 13 somewhat active people, and a closed beta test.

However if Thomas's suggestion were implimented, it might be incentive for more people to join.
Pages: [1]