Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: The Horrible Ideas Thread  (Read 130040 times)

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: The Horrible Ideas Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 16:04 »

Angel of Min Carnage

"I'm the most unluckiest man alive."

You are a decent marine, having decent aim and all.  But whatever weapons you use, you always cause minimum damage.  In this Bizarro world twist, everyone and everything does the minimum possible damage while leaving hit percentages untouched.

That's one long way down...

Melee build anyone? Brute and Vampire would go a loooong way making this easy.

Yeah... You'd have to be terribly careful of Viles though (keep in mind that they do 10d1 and thus "min damage" and "max damage" for them is exactly the same).

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 13:18 »

I am Death Incarnate! difficulty:

In addition to all normal enemy bonuses on UV, enemies deal twice as much damage and take no friendly fire (including splash). All Former Humans are replaced with Former Captains, and all Hell Knights are replaced with Barons of Hell. Finally, the Cyberdemon's rocket launcher is replaced with a quad-fire chaingun (meaning 16 shots at once) and 400 ammo to boot, and is invulnerable to nuclear damage. Enjoy your stay! (Secretly, JC would have the same changes, in case someone thinks they're being clever.)

And before you say anything, no, this wouldn't be pleasant to play at ALL. I just like the Wolf3d reference.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 20:37 »

I am Death Incarnate! difficulty:

In addition to all normal enemy bonuses on UV, enemies deal twice as much damage and take no friendly fire (including splash). All Former Humans are replaced with Former Captains, and all Hell Knights are replaced with Barons of Hell. Finally, the Cyberdemon's rocket launcher is replaced with a quad-fire chaingun (meaning 16 shots at once) and 400 ammo to boot, and is invulnerable to nuclear damage. Enjoy your stay! (Secretly, JC would have the same changes, in case someone thinks they're being clever.)

And before you say anything, no, this wouldn't be pleasant to play at ALL. I just like the Wolf3d reference.

Of course, if you did do that, you'd probably have to make it so that, if you decided to nuke Cybie anyway, that you couldn't go down the stairs untill you'd killed him, because otherwise a player might "skip" cybie, which would probably glitch the game up something chronic...

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 23:22 »

I've skipped him before:

http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,3418.0.html

It bugs the game as much as running from hell's arena does, none at all.

The point of the changes to JC is so you cannot run away to an easier boss.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 00:07 »

Angel of Sheer Bad Luck

You are the unluckiest sonofabitch in the marines.  All of Hell is against you (doing maximum damage with maximum accuracy), while you are mediocre at best (minimum damage, no accuracy bonuses).  Medpacks don't work well with your lousy constitution (heals at 50% of what the medpack usually heals), and you have no bloody idea how to use any of those globes and spheres out there (none of the globes and spheres work, not even automap).  Everything you pick up is always weakened (half the number of dice for damage dealing weapons, half the stack of the magazine/clip if it has one, and half the durability for armours/boots), and phase devices just blow up in your face (phase and homing phase devices cause 10HP damage upon pick up).  And may God help you if you pick up a thermonuclear device (50% chance of going off immediately on pick up).

At least that environment suit works fine...
I computed, therefore I was.

Simon-v

• Composer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Only Human
    • View Profile
    • The Life and Works of One Simon Volpert
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:25 »

Angel of Sheer Bad Luck

You are the unluckiest sonofabitch in the marines.  All of Hell is against you (doing maximum damage with maximum accuracy), while you are mediocre at best (minimum damage, no accuracy bonuses).  Medpacks don't work well with your lousy constitution (heals at 50% of what the medpack usually heals), and you have no bloody idea how to use any of those globes and spheres out there (none of the globes and spheres work, not even automap).  Everything you pick up is always weakened (half the number of dice for damage dealing weapons, half the stack of the magazine/clip if it has one, and half the durability for armours/boots), and phase devices just blow up in your face (phase and homing phase devices cause 10HP damage upon pick up).  And may God help you if you pick up a thermonuclear device (50% chance of going off immediately on pick up).

At least that environment suit works fine...

*blink*

That's not just a horrible idea. That's a THE HORRIBLE idea (all-caps with a 'the' and a syntax error).

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 06:51 »

And may God help you if you pick up a thermonuclear device (50% chance of going off immediately on pick up).
What God? The RNG? Naaah...
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 08:16 »

What God? The RNG? Naaah...
Oh just pick your favourite higher order being that looks upon you in favour/disdain.

=D

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 01:44 »

Angel of Drunkness

What is wrong with you, going to drink like that on an important mission! Its even worse! This hell forces stuck you to completely smashed conditition. It's a miracle if you can even walk straight (high chance you step a block next to the block you intendet to walk to), your aim has turned awful, you keep spraying bullets everywhere! (bullets and shotguns have 30% chance to shoot in a 45 degree off to the direction you were suppoused to shoot) Mod packs can be used but for hell you know which piece you were suppoused to put them again.. (places modpacks on random items even in the backpack), Enviro suits and phase devices? you just break em and swear something. Wearing, changing items and medipack using takes double the time! Your line of sight also keeps changing between normal and -1, -2, -3. If you find weapons with special reloads/fires, you never know what kind of weird ideas you might get out of using weapons like this (you might sometimes randomly use alt reaload/fire when using them and vica versa fire normally when trying to use the alts). If you carry a nuke, you might randomly use it when you're walking cause it seemed like an awesome idea at the time..

On a positive note, thise globes seem to work better when you're drunk for some reason and give 50% health/repair/duration than usual.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:47 by Fanta Hege »
i dont even know anymore

MICu

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Nightmare Former Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 12:47 »

Useless lever
Effect: gives random stupid/pointless/useless massage, explodes if pulled too many times
Usage: 5, barrel of fuel explosion on 6th time
Message ( one at the time ): " You hear the gospel in Catedral, " Ground shakes for a moment",
" You hear Cyberdemon voice:Get down here already!", “ You hear demons having shover”,
" You hear alarm clock but don't seems to wake up", " Corpses cease to stink", " Your weapons are now clean and shiny ",
“ You wonder about new DoomRL version”, “You have SMS, but you left cellphone on Earth",
 “ You smell dinner from Hell’s kitchen”,  " You hear angel thoughts: Where did I put my armor?",
 " You hear advertisement: Fun for whole family and neighbourhood. Get your own BFG today!", " You hear fart noise",
 " WARNING, THIS LEVER IT'S POINTLESS, PULL TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME", " You hear toilet flush,
" What do you wish for... AHAH, just kidding", " You have mail! But no computer to read it", “ You smell beer from Hell’s Pub”, 
" You hear your own general reminds you about mission",
" Lever snaps and new one pops up", " Question: Have you played original doom?”,
“ Your skin turns green for split secound”, “ Your medikits have medicine for constipation”,
 “ You feel disappointed “, “ Floor underneath you cleans up”, “ You hear Butcher yell: Where’s my Cleaver? I got fresh meat to chop”, “ Your backpack begs for more ammo”,
“ You wonder why you are here “, “ You hear wizard voice: You shall not pass “
[17|10|9|3|1]

DooMBringer

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 14:00 »

Great idea MICu, but posted in wrong thread. This game needs more Easter Eggs and less ArchViles.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 15:03 »

Seconded. Really good idea. Maybe even drop one of those messages on every step with 1% chance.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 17:41 »

Uh oh. If people start getting good ideas out of the trash can of the forum, that's gotta be a bad sign.
J/k. :P
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 00:15 »

Unique Lever: The Vertical Stick

I want your revenge.

Pull this lever.  From now till when you find the stairs, all the monsters on the floor will know exactly where you are and will take the most direct path to find you.  Have fun with the leather studded kisses in the sand.

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 12:11 »

Unique Lever: The Vertical Stick

(sob sob why do i know this) The lyric is 'vertigo stick'.

And it should summon Lady Gaga. Or at least flood the level with something if you pull it repeatedly.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22