Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 17:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.1] (Linux) N! AoPc full win and Veteran Diamond  (Read 2759 times)

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.1] (Linux) N! AoPc full win and Veteran Diamond
« on: November 02, 2010, 14:08 »

I just finished an N! AoPc run that resulted in a full win, but was not awarded the Veteran diamond badge. The player info reflects the full win,
Code: [Select]
Nightmare!            : fully won (6 wins total Deaths : 973  Kills : 45317 as does the challenges screen.
Code: [Select]
Angel of Pacifism      Pt21/St1/Fl2  none          none          Pt1/St1/Fl1
I've seen other bug reports that mention badges don't get awarded when dying to JC, but this is the first I've seen of not getting a badge when nuking JC, even if the badge is for killing him.

Honestly I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intended behavior but I figured I'd post this for completeness.

I posted the mortem in case anyone is curious:
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,3441.0.html
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: [0.9.9.1] (Linux) N! AoPc full win and Veteran Diamond
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 14:31 »

Heh, I never really considered attempting a full win on AoPc for the Veteran Diamond. You are right that there's nothing about the badge description that would suggest otherwise, so this is technically a bug. I have a feeling it's JC-related (or HF-related, depending on how you look at it) but it could also have to do with the clear/complete differentiation.

It could just be hard-coded that sacrificing yourself to kill JC isn't a true full victory, or that some flag isn't raised as a result of death before the ending sequence. I'd test this out on other angels, but I'm nowhere near good enough to causally seek full victories on N!.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 21:21 »

I had the impression that full wins need to be in standard games to count for the badges, could be wrong.
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 23:21 »

It could just be hard-coded that sacrificing yourself to kill JC isn't a true full victory...
For some reason I have a feeling that it's hard coded that you do get badges for sacrificing yourself to Cybbie but any other death results in no badges being awarded. Never mind, you can get badges for completing special levels even if you die. Turns out I wasn't thinking again. It does feel inconsistent being able to get badges nuking one boss, but not the other.

I had the impression that full wins need to be in standard games to count for the badges, could be wrong.
I found an N! AoMC moterm (http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,3316.0.html) that did get the Veteran diamond, so it should be possible during all challenge games.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:51 by AStranger »
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 14:34 »

My full victory here shows that you get the credit if you nuke and also survive the explosion. Here's the rundown based on the evidence available:

Beat HF normally: full win and credit
Nuke HF and survive: full win and credit
Nuke HF and die: full win, no credit
Reach HF and die: standard win, no credit
Win normally: standard win and credit

I think that's all of the important stuff. Partial victory forces you to die anyway, so it's natural that there are no credit problems involved. Hopefully this can get fixed soon enough.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver
Pages: [1]