DoomRL > Discussion

Doom the Roguelike: The Album All-In-One Mega Thread

<< < (3/23) > >>

Cyber Killer:
@Simon-v I'm not that much worried about compression quality - it's more about using the proper format, not the icky yucky mp3 ;-)

note: timidity can output direct;y do vorbis and flac.

note2: I downloaded the vorbis ver, and after that I downloaded the midi file to check it it plays any differently on my soundcard (SB Live) and it is different ;-) The drums are more "visible", and it's 20 seconds longer (wtf?!) . Check it out ? http://www.sendspace.com/file/m5ytop

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Cyber Killer on November 07, 2010, 02:09 ---@Simon-v I'm not that much worried about compression quality - it's more about using the proper format, not the icky yucky mp3 ;-)

note: timidity can output direct;y do vorbis and flac.

note2: I downloaded the vorbis ver, and after that I downloaded the midi file to check it it plays any differently on my soundcard (SB Live) and it is different ;-) The drums are more "visible", and it's 20 seconds longer (wtf?!) . Check it out ? http://www.sendspace.com/file/m5ytop

--- End quote ---
And that's why I suggested FLAC -- because we hear what Simon-v heard, bit for bit, without worrying if any artifacts came in or if the MIDI patches used were different.

Simon-v:
Version 1.3 is out. In it, i used my newfound reverb and chorus controls to add more depth to the track and also fixed the balance and panning which failed to please me previously.

Simon-v:
Several A few months in the making.

Seven Three discarded drafts.

Many hours of tweaks and fixes.

Two hold-backs for further refinement.

Slightly under one and a half three minutes long.

One copy-paste. (This one.)

Simon the wannabe composer presents:

My misplaced attempt at the Unholy Cathedral Theme Song

(More details are to be found in the first post.)

Go ahead and tell me it sucks. Ha!

Xander Morhaime:
Is good, man.

Is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version