Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Berserk 7DRL - DAY 1

(1/3) > >>

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Well, the first day of coding went by, and it was a very efficient one :). Although I didn't make anything playable (that's near impossible ^_^) but thanks to Valkyrie, I managed to setup a basic playing environment. I'd like you to download it and take a look around, so you get an idea what Berserk will be about.

The status field (except the health bar and pain indicator) is a placeholder for now, but this is how it might look in the future (including the items).

What should be noted is the Pain system -- when you get hit you might have a pain indicator -- this penalty is given to all rolls -- both defence and attack! -1 is not bad -- -8 means that you'll probably fail all tests! So when in pain, it's better to retreat. No natural healing occurs -- you'll die eventually especialy that the beast spawn increases over time.

Knockback is also implemented -- use it to your advantage.

http://chaosforge.org/files/berserk-day1-bin.zip

Keybindings : Arrows move, (PgUp, PgDn, Home, End for diagonal), '.' stays in place. 'Q' exits without warning.

Let's see how many beasts can you kill before you die :D.

Turgor:
153 so far

It's allready fun for a few minutes, just battling the swarms of beasts. But there's indeed not much to do yet but eventually die.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: Turgor153 so far
Wow! My record is around 110 :-|. Maaan Turgor, you take apart any game that I try to make :-P

Quoting: TurgorIt's allready fun for a few minutes, just battling the swarms of beasts. But there's indeed not much to do yet but eventually die.
Well, don't count on an objective -- the game wil always end up with death -- it's only the amount and possible tools to the objective that will change :D

Fingerzam:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczKnockback is also implemented -- use it to your advantage.

Does knocking enemies against obstacles deal additional damage or stun or something?

Kornel Kisielewicz:
No, but it helps if you must fight with two enemies at once. But you got a good idea -- walldamage is nice ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version