Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [4e] The Garden of Graves - IC  (Read 32020 times)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
Re: [4e] The Garden of Graves - IC
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 16:23 »

Drawing back her hand from the Dread Hound's bite, Aile quickly decided to retreat. Small bits of her body and clothes started to fall away, dissolving into a green gel until that was all that remained. The green slime oozed around the dragon's feet, moving counter-clockwise smothering both Dread Hounds before moving though the other dragon. Reconstituting from the slime, Aile returned. Physically her wounds looked to be gone but her hard breathing indicated otherwise. Swearing an oath of ill luck on the left dragon, she stepped back out of range.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 16:24 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16 »

Thersys, feeling the pain, has to weigh her options carefully. She's out of songs to heal her comrades with...but there was something else. Something she learned from Aden a few years ago. The ability to give a rousing command like a Warlord. She wasn't as good at it as he was, but she knew that it would be useful some day...and useful it was. " OK, now then....clear throat, stand tall, think of Valorous thoughts...erm...ah yes, and stare at the subject, and look them in the eye for maximum effect! Right then. Let me move around here for some breathing room...

and then with her clear voice, she gave Aile some encouragement. "I know it hurts, but if you don't shake it off right now, we're never going to get to kill a REAL dragon, and I know how much you want to do that. Focus on something other than the pain, and let's take these dragons out."

Thersys then decided it was high time for her to try and actually hit something. She looked at the dread hound next to her, and decided to have another swing, this time with something a little more...powerful. However, Aile killed it already, and so had to settle for hitting the dragon. Thersys connected, thus making the dragon roar with pain. This allowed her to sing a minor hymn of victory, thus boosting Aile and Kin with a small bit of power.

EDIT: had to fix things, but other than that, it all works.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:08 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 13:32 »

Fully enveloped in her fiery aura, Kin ran alongside the dragon's side, positioning herself a little better before briefly incantation some sort of spell. Air shimmered, as the runes of her aegis were placed upon the other dragon's head. Wasting not even a moment, the gensai stabbed the dragon, briefly covering her sword with sheen of frost. The wound immediately erupted with vapour, as the ice extending from her blade was melted by lava dragon's heat.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 13:35 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 15:20 »

As Aile reconstituted herself from slime form she was pleased to hear last dying howls of the doglike beasts that were aiding the dragons. The beasts themselves, while not yet dead, looked worse for wear also - after Thersys and Kin added her blows, the dragon nearest to most of the party finally started to look worried by the damage he was taking. This didn't make it less ferocious though: it took a bite at the bard, despite numbing cold from Kin's attack and moments later it tried to, but failed to take care of the pesky genasi herself. It even found a moment to send a new dose of lava, straight at where Sorasha was standing. The other one also created a new lava pool, centered at Aile's location, before making a lumbering charge at Varis.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 06:06 »

"I'll hold that opening as long as I can, keep pressing." After sliding off the melting ground Sorasha pushes her mind into the Dragon's before it can recover its senses.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 02:29 »

Varis clutched at the bite wound from the dragon by instinct.  Now angrier than ever, he drew on his bowstring and unleashed a Splintering Shot at the dragon, with the sheer intent of crushing it once and for all.

"You will mock me no further you fiend!"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:33 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 03:56 »

Quickly darting from the freshly spewed lava, Aile called down another pillar of brilliant light on the dragon. While it was entertaining to see the dragons stumble for a bit, the situation was turning less and less fun by the moment.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 07:00 »

Thersys took a couple hits, but, being an Uthadar, she simply wiped a bit of blood off her lip, and attempts to bring a heavy strike crashing down on the dragon, and then plays a song that praises those who charge into battle and achieve glory, thus making it easier to charge and hit the foe. Thersys also shakes off the fire from the bite.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:08 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 07:44 »

Kin, seeing that her blow did indeed hurt the dragon, thrust deeper into it's scales. Her sword erupted in flames, a strange, green fire as she twisted it in the wound. 

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 08:05 »

Load roar signalled death of one of the dragons, felled by combination of Sorasha's amazing mental powers and Varis' mighty archery. Hearing it rest of the party renewed their attacks on the other one, but despite their efforts it managed to stay alive, if barely.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 13:04 »

Much better. Now for the other one.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 03:42 »

Renewed by his minor victory over one of the dragons, Varis took aim at the remaining dragon and unleashed his Hunter's Shot.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50 »

Varis' shot pierces skull of the dragon, sending it after it's companion. It takes a moment for all of you to realize that it's over. You've won, all monsters are dead.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 08:55 »

"As I said," Varis began, wincing a little from the wounds he sustained from the encounter, "hard to kill."

"They had better pay us decently for this.  But in case they don't, why not search through these carcasses first?"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:01 by thelaptop »

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 04:46 »

"I agree. However, some of us need a small breather." Thersys said, looking pretty beat up after that heavy battle. "I suppose it can wait though. We have to get something out of this, even something minor...and, uh, what about that lava? it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, but still, that's pretty dangerous in a forest."

Thersys dusted herself off a bit and started to help Varis look for any loot they could find on the monsters. "We might want to check around, maybe their treasure hordes are nearby...well, not right now. if we run into more monsters right now, we're going to be eaten alive."

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4