Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [4e] The Garden of Graves - IC  (Read 32027 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: [4e] The Garden of Graves - IC
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 12:57 »

Thankfully for Thersys, after the dragons died the lava cooled off pretty quickly - apparently at least a bit of magic was involved in the process that allowed dragons to spit it out. On the other hand, the loot was pretty disappointing... or to be precise there was none - if the dragons had any hoard, they didn't bother to carry it with them, and who knew where their lair was.

Suddenly, your thoughts relating to the battle are interrupted by slow but loud clapping. "Splendid, truly splendid battle. Could use a bit less blood being spilled on your side, but splendid none the less," the speaker, a raven haired eladrin who appeared literally out of nowhere, stopped his clapping for a moment to rise his hands and show that they were empty.
"Ah, but excuse my rudeness. My name is Paelias, and I'd wish to take a moment of your time... heroes."
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2010, 17:03 »

Giving the Eladrin a once over, only one thought managed to come to Aile lips. "Those weren't your dragons were they?" Her voice was ridden with exhaustion and irritation. "Please tell me you're not one of those sick, twisted overlord types who insists on 'testing' potential employees... are you?"
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 01:56 »

Always a bit uneasy around new people, Sorasha simply nods and sits, readying her reserves one more. Her staff lies across her lap, ready to be used if the need arises.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 20:06 »

"Now now Aile, be nice to our new friend. I think if he wanted to test us, he wouldn't have sent two young'uns. He would have sent adults." Thersys turns to the Eladrin. "You'll have to excuse her, she's very flighty and random. Now, Paelis, was it? I would be very interested to hear your proposal. I am well off enough on money, and am somewhat known, but I need an adventure, and you look like you have one to give.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 06:07 »

- "Oh I assure you I had nothing to do with the dragons. It's just that once I found you you were already nearing them so I decided to hang back and get a good look at ability of your group." - Paelias replied Aile - "Turning back to the matter that brought me here. You see, it so happens to be that you are currently standing about half a day travel from a crossing between this plane and Feywild where us, eladrin live. This particular crossing leads to a special place. It is a site of burial where fey of Quiet Hall faction to which I belong were put to rest. We called it the Garden of Graves." - the fey paused for a moment - "It was a sacred and quiet place for a long time, but recently we were faced with a sudden invasion. A powerfull undead led his minions against Quiet Hall with intent of taking the Garden and many of us were killed. Some of our kin, capricious as they are sided with the invaders, and rest of us were forced to cede control of the site just to stay alive. The undead then desacrated the site - they used cairns holding remains our dead to build structures of some sort and etched magical runes on their walls. I can't be sure of their purpose but I know for sure they're corrupting their surroundings. Each day more and more feywild around the ste gets warped, and at the same time some of those that survived got driven mad and are roming the area hunting dead and living alike. I'm afraid this corruption will continue to spread, and itn time it might even reach your world. We can't stand up to the undead anymore I'm afraid. Someone from outside needs to free the site and destroy the source of evil inside, and you are the only ones I can ask for help."
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 00:36 »

"Undead that you have trouble handling?" Varis said, gazing strongly at the Eldarin.

"Is there more that you need to tell us?"  He paused for a moment before continuing, "We need to claim the bounty for this first too, if you don't mind."
I computed, therefore I was.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 05:38 »

[I seriously doubt we're the ONLY people he could ask, but we certainly are the closest, and...] "A job is a job, saving the world is just a perk, right? You have my interest."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]