Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Berserk 7DRL - DAY 3

<< < (2/2)

Fingerzam:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczWell, I would like to hear the ideas of others about it. I may reduce the amount of knockback on the player for example, restricting it to realy powerfull blows.

Didn't annoy me.

Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczI solved the knives problem, by making Knife damage dependant on Strength -- will be usefull in the future -- when stats will be modifible, and when strenght boosts will happen (eg. Berserk mode in which it will be the only aviable ranged weapon)

Sounds good.

Thomas:
Just finished a few games, and I have some suggestions.

The first suggestion is based on the 25 pain and 50 damage Ms do, and the fact that I wouldn't touch on with a non-projectile.

So are you planning on making projectiles randomly appear/dropped by enemies soon? Because even if I only use them on Ms, I still run out rather quickly.

None of the enemies have ranged attacks, meaning even Ms would be a laughing stock with projectiles being spawned. Maybe you should implement these at the same time.

Give a bit more cover (maybe some doors), so you can use tactics to evade enemies more easily.

Beasts are a joke. When fighting them one at a time (which is usually the case as I try to make sure I only fight one at a time) you take no damage except in the rarest of cases, as you usually kill 1 hit, and they usually miss.

Will the game always be played like this, rather than a normal roguelike? Not that that's a bad thing, as it's quite short and fun.

The aiming system needs the *s between you and the X, I need them! D:

Fingerzam:
Quoting: ThomasThe first suggestion is based on the 25 pain and 50 damage Ms do, and the fact that I wouldn't touch on with a non-projectile.

They are so slow that you can do this: hit, retreat, hit, retreat, hit, retreat, and so on. They won't get a chance to hit you.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: Thomas
So are you planning on making projectiles randomly appear/dropped by enemies soon? Because even if I only use them on Ms, I still run out rather quickly. Quoting: ThomasWill the game always be played like this, rather than a normal roguelike? Not that that's a bad thing, as it's quite short and fun.
Quoting: ThomasGive a bit more cover (maybe some doors), so you can use tactics to evade enemies more easily.

This will be tackeled in a separate post.
Quoting: ThomasBeasts are a joke. When fighting them one at a time (which is usually the case as I try to make sure I only fight one at a time) you take no damage except in the rarest of cases, as you usually kill 1 hit, and they usually miss.
They're supposed to be the meat that makes the arena a bloodbath :D
Quoting: ThomasThe aiming system needs the *s between you and the X, I need them! D:
I can do that, but it will be buggy :|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version