Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Ideas and Suggestions For the Next Version of Berserk!

(1/8) > >>

Fingerzam:
So, now that Kornel has promised to make a new version of Berserk! after finishing DoomRL 0.9.9, I thought it would be appropriate to make a thread for suggestions in order to improve the game.

I'll start with something.

Sometimes when I shoot with the crossbow, a hunter is left alive with almost dead status, and I really wouldn't want to use 3 more arrows just to finish it off.

For solving this I have a suggestion. Make the bow so that you can shoot 1 arrow at a time and each arrow takes 1/3 turn to shoot. This would require a bit different shooting system for making it less frustrating. You could for example have an aiming mode where you shoot arrows and from which you would then exit manually.

This isn't something critical, just something that's annoying me every now and then.

Another, much simpler thing:

I'd like to see some kill counter to know how many enemies I've killed so far.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: FingerzamFor solving this I have a suggestion. Make the bow so that you can shoot 1 arrow at a time and each arrow takes 1/3 turn to shoot. This would require a bit different shooting system for making it less frustrating. You could for example have an aiming mode where you shoot arrows and from which you would then exit manually.
Well, the reason why there are multiple shots is so the crossbow feels more like the one in the manga/anime, and I would like to keep it that way. I may however increase it's damage/hitchance to make it more likely to kill a hunter. Also, note that this is a perfect opportunity to use that knife that you havn't used :>

BTW, maybe I should decrease knife throwing time to make it more popular?

As for the ingame kill counter, ok, will be.

BTW, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! :D

Fingerzam:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczWell, the reason why there are multiple shots is so the crossbow feels more like the one in the manga/anime, and I would like to keep it that way. I may however increase it's damage/hitchance to make it more likely to kill a hunter. Also, note that this is a perfect opportunity to use that knife that you havn't used :>

Well, now that I think more about it, this sounds reasonable. How about having an option to shoot only 1 arrow instead of 3, but having it consume the same amount of time (or almost as much)?

Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczAlso, note that this is a perfect opportunity to use that knife that you havn't used :>

But I have only 5 knives! And because of this, I'm saving them up for a better situation (usually throwing them while berserking and in melee while a hunter is shooting at me)

Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczBTW, maybe I should decrease knife throwing time to make it more popular?

I had exactly this in mind some time ago, when I was thinking about how to make the knife more appealing, but I had already forgotten about it. This sounds like a perfect solution for making knives more appealing. Perhaps dexterity could make 'em quicker to throw?

Glowie:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczBTW, maybe I should decrease knife throwing time to make it more popular?
I don't think this is necessary. Knives are very good at the moment, but I think there should be a bit more of them. I mean, you can shoot more than twenty times with the crossbow, but only have five knives. That's a bit unbalanced. I use up my knives before anything else, but I often die before I manage to use all my bolts. I suggest you decrease the amount of bolts and increase the amount of knives. I noticed that in the manga Guts' knife belt is a bit shorter than I originally thought, but then again, he doesn't shoot 72 bolts per fight either. But this is only my opinion.

Oh, and there's a neat, exploitable bug in the current version. After you lose half of your hp (berserking becomes enabled), you can bump into obstacles or the border lines to regenerate rage without consuming time. This equals full time berserking!

Malek Deneith:
I second the idea of increasing the number of knifes - I mean, come on - this guy is swinging a sword bigger than himself, and he can carry only 5 knives?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version