Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Monsters standing in place, not moving or attacking (only in sound version!)  (Read 6400 times)

Mutantant

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Hello all.

The monsters in DiabloRL, at least in my case, seem to be doing nothing at all.  They just stand there as I move, attack, loot, everything.  I just walk around and kill them in place.  You can see this below, as I move around, nothing else appears to move.

Somehow I think thats not what is intended :)

I have attached the log file to the post.  If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful.

EDIT: I copied the non-sound version download exe over the sound version, and ran the game.  The AIs wake up and begin to attack, and behave as they should.  I then saved, and copied back the sound enabled version, reloaded, and the AIs were inactive again.  Is there perhaps a debug setting left on in the sound version, maybe disabling the AI?

Unknown command. Read the help file!                                           
 You hit the skeleton. The skeleton dies. You gain 64 experience.               
                                         ######......#                         
                                         #............                         
                                         #..........                           
                                         #.°......                             
                                      ####......#                               
                                     ##.s.oo%...##                             
                                    ##..s....<...##                             
                                   ##....s..%.....##                           
                                  ##..s%.......%...##                           
                                  #...$@...o.þ$%....#                           
                                  #...þ......v...þ..#                           
                                  #.................#                           
                                  ##........þ......##                           
                                   ##.......oo....##                           
                                    ##.....o..o..##                             
                                     ##.........##                             
                                      ########:+#                               
                                             #..                               
                                             #..                               
    ####                                     #.                         ####   
---######- [!!......] ------------------------------- Church, level 1 -######---
   ######                                                              ######   
    ####                                                                ####   

BB code screenshot "DiabloRL4.txt" created.                                   
 Unknown command. Read the help file!                                           
                                       #..........                             
                                       #.°......                               
                                    ####......#                                 
                                   ##.s.oo%...##                               
                                  ##..s....<...##                               
                                 ##....s..%.....##                             
                                ##..s%.......%...##                             
                                #...$....o.þ$%....#                             
                                #...þ......v...þ..#                             
                                #......@..........#                             
                                ##........þ......##                             
                                 ##.......oo....##                             
                                  ##.....o..o..##                               
                                   ##.........##                               
                                    ########:+#                                 
                                           #..                                 
                                           #...                                 
                                           #.                                   
                                           #.                                   
---######- [!!......] ------------------------------- Church, level 1 -######---
   ######                                                              ######   

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 13:48 by Mutantant »

Anti-Jagular~

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I confirm this behaviour of sound version of DiabloRL (with sounds from CD)... Nosound version works fine... Tried on few different computers...

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile

I likewise downloaded the sound version just now, what with noticing that diabloRL has been updating and deciding to give it a go, and noticed the same thing. Meaning that at the moment, I would have to choose between incredibly atmospheric sound and music, and monsters that actually hit back. Hmm...

If we could isolate the problem and perhaps find out it's a single file or a line of code, we could probably surgically remove the part in question from the non-sound version and attach it to the sound one, solving the problem.

I notice this thing is three months old. When is it going to be fixed?

Tyrael

• Private
  • Archangel of Justice
    • View Profile

I also confirm this bug. I'm running the DiabloRL sound version on Arch Linux through Wine. The sound is great, but if none of the monsters attack, the game gets a little bit boring after a while.
Oh, well *loots all the dungeons*

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike

Hey, so I asked you about this problem: she found the bug and made a quick fix. Here's a link to said fixed version (at least, the Windows version).

You can copy-paste the sound files extracted from any previous mpqx.exe, which might save some people that trouble. Enjoy!
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike

Crap, I forgot to post this when it was more relevant!

I have a playlist of DiabloRL LPs, which you can find here. In particular, I'd like to point you toward the Rogue playthrough, which was done with the version in my previous post. Even if you're not super excited to play the sound version with moving enemies, there are also other things that may be worth your while!
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver
Pages: [1]