Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ironman-based traits  (Read 4054 times)

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Ironman-based traits
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:06 »

We have a lack of this for now. So, I propose such trait:

Medicine addict
You can take more of it.
Now all small medpacks act for you as small health globes, so you can heal youself over 100%. Same thing with big ones.

With Badass this can make some master trait. Don't know which - maybe, +1 armor for every 50 of current health. We can call it Terminator, heh. MTe.

Another propositions?
Code: [Select]
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman-based traits
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:48 »

I like the idea, but not the name - and 50 HP is the basic cap, so at most +3 armor (and usually +0 to +2) is probably not worth the master trait

Cyborg
needs Badass, Medicine Addict
blocks SoaB, Reloader, Hellrunner

Gain 1 armor for each 30 current HP you have.

since it has no weapon traits builtin, either you have to rely on the combat shotgun or get them yourself before/after.  Allowing EE, SoaG, Brute, and Finesse should allow for some varied builds.  You could block one of them instead of Hellrunner.  Shottyman is blocked to avoid direct comparison to Fireangel.

requiring whizkid instead of badass might be interesting as well (and then blocking TaN?)
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 15:07 »

As number of HP cannot be seen in game the trait should list in percent, 1 armor per 25% would match it up with Cybernetic Armor at badass max.

Any idea why this makes me think of 'bladerunner'?
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 21:23 »

Good idea, I like the natural synergy it has with Badass, but...

1. Medicine Addict is a silly name. How about "Medic" or something.
2. What's all this "Yeah +1 to +3 armour is bad, how about 7 armor when you're at 175%-199%" tomfoolery?

+2-3 armor from TaN, +2-6 armor from blue/red armor (with bulk or power), +0-3 armor from Cyborg
That makes about 8 armor. This is already enough to make you roughly invincible. If you get the extra TaN and always top up your HP, it goes up to 10.

Attacks that deal more than 1 damage average when you have 10 armor: Baron (12), Mancubus, Revenant, all 3 bosses.
Say it was 7 armor instead of 3 at almost-max HP. Now you have 14 armor and the only attacks that do more than 15 damage are rockets (21) and AoD's melee (17).

The other idea for what to do with ironman is the 0.9.9 beta-only master trait that was taken out before public release, Regenerator.

Regenerator
No health globes? No problem! Your skin mends itself after terrible injuries like it was only a scratch! With this trait, you will slowly regenerate to a maximum of 10% of your HP per level. But that's not all! Whenever you feel relatively safe, you will instantly top yourself up to 20% HP per level!

Has 2 levels. Is an advanced trait, requires ironman 2. Should you injure yourself after feeling relatively safe (dummy), it will not heal you again.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 21:26 by Thomas »
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Deathwind

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 21:44 »

I honestly didn't do the math, now that you've pointed it out it looks like a very bad idea

Regenerator seems like a good choice for a Iro3+Badass master trait if you adjust the numbers a bit, who said we need 2 advanced traits for a master?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 21:49 by Deathwind »
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:57 »

There was somewhere a proposition for an advanced trait unlocked by Ironman, and it was about running mode. So I propose next
HorseMan
Requires: Ironman2
You were one of those marathon guys before army took you. Now you can run almost without stopping. After 10 seconds spent tired, you become cautious for no cost.

And master trait:
Runner of Hell
Requires: HorseMan, Dodgemaster
Blocks: SoaB, SoaG, TaN
No, it's not you, who are scred and are running away. It's hellspawn, who are scared and slowed down. Anyway, now you can't be tired. When you stop running, you become cautious and you never stop running unwillingly.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Deathwind

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 00:16 »

And all the shotgun players rejoice as they have zero penalty for running.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]
Pages: [1]