Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 04:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Not to be nitpicky, but I was curious (unmaker not "doomish"?)  (Read 2136 times)

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile

I was wondering how come the Unmaker never made it into the game because it was considered not "doomish" by most people but items like the cleric beretta, dragonslayer, and trigun, etc did make it into the game. In my opinion, the unmaker is far more related "doomish" than any of these item. Just curious how the logic for it works. I know a few people requested the unmaker, including myself, but I remember the main argument against it was that it was un "doomish". Just doesn't make sense to me.
-Legend

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Re: Not to be nitpicky, but I was curious (unmaker not "doomish"?)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 22:24 »

It's a very damn good question.
Unmaker is one of the most epic weapons around.

I'm just gona guess the weapon damage changing on enemy type is too hard to implent or something.
i dont even know anymore

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21 »

Honestly, I think most people here don't know enough about the original Doom to know exactly what is Doomish and what not. :>
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:15 »

There can be argument abut is the unique doomish or not, but I suppose it's all rubbish. The only reason for the feature to be implemented - is the devteam's will. If Kornel doesn't like the idea it will never be implemented. Only if it's really awesome idea and all players enjoy it, but by some reason developers do not like it, the idea has some chances to be implemented. Personally I do not like the unmaker.
So you can think it didn't get into DoomRL because it's undoomish, but the main reason I suppose are the feelings of the author, whom just didn't like it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 14:34 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.
Pages: [1]