Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 11:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Seven Waves - an Exalted PbP [IC]  (Read 10058 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Seven Waves - an Exalted PbP [IC]
« on: February 07, 2011, 15:50 »

'Well, the story... I was younger then, somewhat. Still old by your standards, but a bit less than today. And there was a village I was leading in that tumultuous time. Small one. Less than two hundred souls. Life was not really hard, though, the seas were calm and bountiful more often than not, so we flourished. No ill befall us in the first twenty years of my leadership...

...and then, all of sudden, the Heavens rained their wrath on us. Raiders, pirates more cruel than one could even believe. We knew that they were coming, and we knew we could not do a thing to stop them.

But fortune smiled to us. A boy I've sent to Coral brought back with him two lone protectors. True Chosen! Imagine our joy when the boat docked. We greeted them as richly as we could, we rejoiced... I've met them at the shore, welcomed them, saying "Heavens bless..'

'...bless you' the old man said, bowing almost to the ground, his beard coiled at his feet. He greeted you alone, before you even could leave the boat.

Journey to that island was long if uneventful, rather boring for people like you. And the place did not really looked that much better. In the distance, the town proper stood, typical western architecture. It looked well-maintained, but that was all that seemed remarkable about it. You could not see other fishing boats, they were likely still at the sea- even though the raiders were near.

The sky above and the ocean behind you seemed peaceful, however, as if oblivious to the slaughter that was surely going to happen on those sands soon. Maybe even sooner than you would want.

'I can't even find words strong enough to express my gratitude for aiding us' the elder continued. There was something odd about him, you could tell. Odd and wrong, as if he did not belong to Creation.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 14:56 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Seven Waves - an Exalted PbP [IC]
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22 »

- "No need to thank us yet, before we done anything..." - Blind Dawn waved his hand - "It would be more helpful if you could tell us something more about problems your village is facing - I'm afraid the boy you've sent wasn't too clear on the details."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:07 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 13:56 »

"<They are displaying worrying amounts of joy for seeing two strangers. Is this custom for this land?>" Light asked quietly, leaning over a bit to Blind Dawn and speaking in Old Realm - not her native language, but one she felt far more comfortable with than the bits and pieces of the local dialects she had picked up during her brief stay in Creation. Being in the public eye in this manner seemed to put her ill at ease.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09 »

- "<It's more that they're happy about having two more bodies to stand between them and death I presume.>" - solar replied - "<Odd... I can't stop feeling something is wrong with our speaker...>"

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 14:25 »

'Ah yes, yes, yes... the man bowed again, leading you towards the village proper. 'See, two and a half week ago we were made aware that our island is going to be next target of a notorious bandit lord called Godo. How, I won't dwell, because mere memories of that woeful day still make me shudder. From what we know about him, he is going to strike at us ruthlessly, unless we pay him a ransom we simply are not able to afford... There is little more to it. We, bandits and you...'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 14:28 by Gargulec »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 14:42 »

- "I see. Well unless you have any idea from where that Godo will come, we'll probably have to wait for him to show up - and then teach him how bad of an idea it was." - Dawn turned to his companion - "<Looks like the village has a... bandit problem so to speak. They're expecting arrival of bandit lord named Godo - who intends to make them pay in either valuables or their blood.>"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 14:58 »

Light seemed to bristle up at the explanation, and her voice took on a sharper tone.

"<Wretches. Preying on the weak? They will have earned their deaths,>" she said, though her composure returned quickly enough. "<It is not entirely our fight, however. Were it not for the threat this bandit lord poses in general...>" Light's voice trailed off as she turned to look at the village elder with some suspicion before turning to her companion again. "<Is he a threat? I have seen it takes little force to break the spirit of such a place as this.>"
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 15:17 »

- "<That... might be a good question. On the other hand it might also be a question better left unasked. The elder hinted that the way they've learned of the bandit lord's coming wasn't pleasant - and I'd rather not bring out painful memories if I don't have to.>" - Dawn walked in silence for a moment -"<And you're not entirely right about this not being our fight... Well perhaps it might not be your fight, but mine it is regardless of how big of a threat that bandit is. For my master it wouldn't make a difference how big or small evil was - he'd vanquish it wherever he'd find it. And I intend to live up to that ideal.>"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 08:24 »

"<We lack necessary information,>" Light pointed out, glancing briefly at the village elder before turning to Dawn again. "<Becoming too involved in the affairs of this realm now is not beneficial, but at the same time... they cannot be entirely ignored either.>"

With ash-white fingers tapping on the haft of the peculiar crystal staff she carried, Light studied the village elder and the surroundings once more. "<We can afford to stay long enough to learn the scope of this threat, at least. If it proves to be a minor thug with a leaking boat, I will leave him in your hands. If it proves to be a genuine threat, you will have the art of Autochton supporting you,>" she said finally with a resigned sigh.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 15:11 »

The elder nodded, seemingly oblivious to your conversation. He led you into the village proper, the stench fish and seaweed literally overpowering your senses. Peoples stopped at their works when they saw you, their faces reflecting hope that maybe there is a still a chance for them.

He stopped in front of a bigger building, a sturdy wooden house, with doors left invitingly ajar.

'I understand that you must be mighty tired after your voyage... please, make yourself comfortable, the girl inside will assist you and help you in any way you see fit. And if there is anything you want to know now, about the isalnd our us, ask away. I'll be glad to answer.'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:07 »

"<If we are to defend this site, I would rather ascertain its defensive properties first-hand,>" Light said, once she'd had the Elder's invitation translated for her. "<I will endeavor to remain within earshot. A cry of alarm or other such signal of distress will suffice if my presence is necessary. Otherwise, I will be patrolling around the area.>"

With that, the Adamant set off to survey the village and island, giving the most attention to likely defences and weaknesses - be they village walls (if any), the nature of the houses (and their value as archery towers), the natural terrain (including barriers such as cliffs, reefs or shallows, and weaknesses like beaches suitable for landing). She wanted to get as complete a picture of the situation before she had to commit to the place's defence.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 04:18 »

"<Oi, not a bad idea. I'll help - you'd prefer me to accompany you or to split so that we get to check the area faster? Oh and I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to take shifts at patrolling the area later.>" - Dawn turned to the Elder - "We thank for the offer, but we don't tire so easily. We'll spend some time looking over the village perimeter."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:55 »

"<If we split up, we can cover more territory in less time. However, as they are willing to let us lounge about still, the threat must not be so immediate as to require such haste - two pairs of eyes will be more use working at once, I believe,>" Light replied, looking over the village. "<We can work on it together.>"

With that sorted, they were all set to properly scout out their battlefield before the battle came.
Pages: [1]