Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.2 RELEASED!  (Read 31016 times)

Garlyle

• Lance Corporal
  • Former Human Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL 0.9.9.2 RELEASED!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 04:21 »

Just wanted to say thank you to those responsible for this!  Really, I can feel the added effort that was put into this - and more than that, can really feel that suggestions from the playerbase were paid attention to and implemented, which is an absolutely wonderful thing when you're a player.
0.9.9.7 Stats: [7 M / 17 S / 4 A] - [10 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 0 / 0]

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 19:42 »

Yeah Kornel, project planned and completed on-time, and only slightly over budget. She was happy :)
Ahhhh, St. Valentine, you devil.............

I'm hoping that as the additions continue with new versions we get some more basic assemblies for all weapons. The nano (and firestorm) based ones are sweet, but I'm finding that just the basic ones give a huge variability to play-style. Still random enough on finding the mods, but with good basic options to give the game a new feel. It's allowing me to use a few different play-styles with differing builds that's drawing me back into "under-powered" builds, as well as really cranking a few others up a notch.

Just a few more shotty/pistol or generic weapon assemblies and  a couple more armours and I think this baby will fly to 1.00. Expect a donation within the fortnight. I still play this more than most commercial games..............

This is probably the most minor whinge I can think of. But did you pack the cool little "bronze skull" icon in with the .exe? Mine doesn't show (under WinXP). Unless we're getting a new one (my hand's up bagsying the design :) )

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 19:46 by Sambojin »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 22:16 »

This is probably the most minor whinge I can think of. But did you pack the cool little "bronze skull" icon in with the .exe? Mine doesn't show (under WinXP). Unless we're getting a new one (my hand's up bagsying the design :) )
Nah, he didn't put in the meta data into the executable this time.  If you really want your sweet skull icon (I know I do!), just take your old 0.9.9.1 DoomRL executable and rename it as doomrl.ico.  Then use that for the shortcut or something.

It won't work in replacing the icon for the executable though -- I'm sure there are other ways of doing that, but I'm lazy to find out.  =P
I computed, therefore I was.

UltimateChaos

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Arch-Vile Mjr. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 01:23 »

So, I was doing something like a bi-weekly visit to DoomRL to see if it's been updated, and OMFG it has been.  This update is massive, and I'm so damn excited to give this a try, hunt down those badges, and discover all those special assemblies.  I have only one complaint though...

Why did you have to release the update in the middle of the academic quarter, how will I restrain myself from playing until spring break =(
[22/22/19/7/3]
Just completed Strongman Gold ^_^

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 01:35 »

Why did you have to release the update in the middle of the academic quarter, how will I restrain myself from playing until spring break =(
Um, don't restrain?  =P

Actually part of the reason why it was released now and not later is due to the new PR direction (and that we have not updated DoomRL for so long that we just need to get something cool out so that folks can go bananas over the new stuff).

I know the feeling... I have to do all these heavy work stuff, but I keep drifting back to thinking about the next YAVP/YASD I will have.  It has gotten to the point that when I get delirious from lack of sleep, I started dreaming that I was Doomguy, surrounded by c and V.  Talk about diorientating...
I computed, therefore I was.

AtTheGates

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 04:43 »

"all known bugs fixed"

hmmm...
as long as auto targeting with the shotgun still doesn't work properly, i guess not all known bugs are fixed.
i also had some minor sound bugs, like the chaingun firing so fast that it was basically 1 sound even though there was a target.

also, some music tracks seem touched up or very slightly changed, or was that another sound bug?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 05:23 »

Auto targeting with the shotgun? What do you mean by that? Also, was the bug reported? If not, then it wasn't a known bug :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 05:31 »

I believe he means the issue with shotguns shooting around corners sometimes resulting in a wall full of buckshot and an unscathed enemy.

AtTheGates

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 12:10 »

that's what i was talking about, yes. if the auto-targeting tries to select an opponent autmatically, it should only do so if the enemy is hittable. or the auto-targeting should be improved ^^

anyway, i'm having an eye on the rapid sounds, i have a feeling it has to do with gameplay, and not the sound itself.

by the way: awesome job on 992, i'm really excited about all the changes!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:30 by AtTheGates »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 13:14 »

Chaingun sounds are a matter of asynchroneous animation meaning the animation is faster, and thus the sound are. It takes some getting used to, but isn't that bad I think... well with exception of dual pistols, because there the shots are literally made "as one".
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2]  All