Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 06:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.2] nanofiber armor can have lower protection  (Read 2188 times)

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.2] nanofiber armor can have lower protection
« on: February 15, 2011, 00:27 »

I assembled a nanofiber armor with the source armor being damaged red, and the resulting armor had 1 protection and was coloured red, as though it were damaged.  The durability was still listed as 100 in the description.  picking up an armor shard repaired the armor.

Is this a bug or a feature?

There is an armor shard lying here.                                           
 Your armor looks better! Your boots look better!                               
 ##########                                          ##############             
 #....=...=                                         .............=#             
 #...==...==                #####################################/#             
 #[.0====..=.=.   #        ......................................=#             
 #....==.===^.=== =################/###############################             
 #.@..=.=.....====#.#.................../...#........                           
 #....==.....===..#.#...................#==.#........                           
 #............=...#.#...............>..==...#.......==                         
 #...........==...#.#.................===...#...0..===                         
 #...........=....#.#.......==.......====.%%/......====                         
 #..........=...%.#.#......=.====...===.#..%#......====                         
 #................#./......======.....=.#...#.......===                         
 #................#######.##===+######################                         
 #......0.........#..........%=....                                             
 #................#................                                             
 #................/...............                                             
 #...0............#...............                                             
 #................#..............                                               
 #................#..............                                               
 ###############################                                               
 Rahul                      Armor : nanofiber red armor [3]                     
 Health: 100% Exp: 11/7%    Weapon: modified plasma rifle (1d7)x6 [40/40] (A1T3)
 cautious                                                    Phobos Hell  Lev9 

0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: [0.9.9.2] nanofiber armor can have lower protection
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:46 »

It LOOKS like it's fine in the picture. (FYI, durability listing tells you the max number, not current.) I'm guessing that the nanofiber started out as one, then when you healed it, it went back to three (as it should)?

Hard to say if this would be called a bug. Think of it this way: the nanofiber upgrade is meant to prevent further damage from the armor, not fix anything that wasn't already there. Armor shards, on the other hand, DO make the armor better, and then the nanorobots (or whatever) have something to work off of. If you want truly intelligent nanobots you'll want the nanofiber SKIN upgrade.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:52 »

It LOOKS like it's fine in the picture. (FYI, durability listing tells you the max number, not current.) I'm guessing that the nanofiber started out as one, then when you healed it, it went back to three (as it should)?

yeah, I was about to take the screenshot then saw the armor shard, thought I should try that. (ITYTD, so it went from below 25 to above 50).
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 14:02 »

...and then the nanorobots (or whatever) have something to work off of. If you want truly intelligent nanobots you'll want the nanofiber SKIN upgrade.

Thanks Game Hunter, I was feeling lazy and didn't want to come up with some snazzy justification. ;)
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1]