Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 02:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One 'hell' of a party  (Read 4763 times)

Corremn

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://members.dodo.com.au/~savre/DemiseRL/
One 'hell' of a party
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:52 »

I generally ignore the levers, as they generally cause more trouble than  they are worth, but just for a change (some where past Level 10) i foolishly decided to give one a push.  Suddenly my dungeon room became much crowded as 2 Hell Knights, 1 Baron of Hell and 2 Anrchnatrons decided to drop in on me.  After overcoming my initial shock I decided to check what I had in my backpack for situations like this, finding a phase device I press 'u' to use it.  Holy crap suddenly 1 more baron of Hell, 1 former human commander and another arachnatron drop in to join the party.  What the Hell???...Oh yeah 'u' is also the key for handeling levers :)
Just as 8 sets of eyes finally settle on me I carefully step of the lever and phase the hell out of there.

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
One 'hell' of a party
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 06:05 »

lol, the U for levers AND items gets annoying
Howdy.

Aerton

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
One 'hell' of a party
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:21 »

Heh, I'm avoiding the levers too, but once I get cought in a similar fashion, when trying to use a medkit several times wondering why the key got stuck :)

Krishh

• Private FC
    • View Profile
One 'hell' of a party
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 19:23 »

Well, I did use the levers for level-scumming a couple of times but got bored of that. It's best somewhere around level 3-5 with the chaingun. The worst monster spanwed is a chaingun former human, so you can usually (95%+ of the time) kill them all before they even become active. And with those former humans spawning, you won't ever run out of ammo too. If you've still got a health globe or two on the level, you can survive for a loooooong time. The most I ever did was getting to about 6/25% on level 5, and I had a supercharge globe nearby.  But this gets boring really quick, and levels aren't that important in doomRL anyway, so I stopped. But if someone had the patiencce, they could probably develop pretty much a walking tank in early levels. Plus you get a lot of points for this too, so it's a win win.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
One 'hell' of a party
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 04:18 »

*giggles* That party sounds fun! I'm joining in. May I bring my trusty BFG, and a bottle of Plazma? :-D
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]