Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Deathwatch IC  (Read 29811 times)

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Deathwatch IC
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:58 »

As Brother Armitael, and Brother Verran go about their daily activities in Watch Fortress Erioch, they are each approached by a serf, who waits for them to complete whatever the task at hand happens to be before telling them. "Sir you are needed in the Briefing Room," and motioning to follow him.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch IC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 16:21 »

Verran had been in the middle of mid-day prayer and weapon maintenance, seeing to the ceremonial blade he'd brought with him as a reminder of his home chapter. Once those tasks were finished, he quietly nodded, sheathing the sword and strapping it to his belt before following the serf to see what was required of him.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:40 »

Armitael was polishing his skills with the chainsword, his very weapon of choice as Space Marine. Maintaining the weapon was also one of his favorite tasks, as it involved with knowing the inner workings that allows him to cut down the heretical enemies that threaten the peace brought by the Emperor, blessed be he. As he was finishing, the serf came to communicate him that he was needed in the Briefing Room, so he followed it to know the reason why he was being called.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24 »

The serfs lead you through the corridors of the watch fortress in silence.  The two Battle-Brothers' paths converged in the last corridor before reaching the briefing room.  The serfs each stopped before reaching the door and stood on either side of it, waiting for the Marines to enter before heading off to another task.  An armored form bearing the markings of a Watch Captain is standing on the other side of a table.  He motions for Verram and Armitael to come to the table.  Another form is standing beside him, a small woman clad in red carapace armor adorned with many purity seals.  She appears out of place until you notice the rosette, identifying her as an inquisitor.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 00:35 »

Brother Verran wasn't warm and welcoming at the best of times... seeing the inqusitorial rosette, his expression alone probably caused the temperature to drop by a few degrees.

Rather than address the stranger, though, he turned to the Watch Captain, paying due respect to his commander. "The foes of the Emperor have raised their heads again?" he said, tone rather flat, more a statement than a question. He doubted he would have been called from his duties otherwise, after all...
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53 »

The Watch Captain nods.  "Over six months ago, Inquisitor Kalistradi arrived on Avalos chasing rumours of Genestealer infestation and several reported sightings of a Space Hulk on the edge of the system. After months of secret investigation, she discovered that Genestealers had indeed taken residence on Avalos, concentrated in the world’s primary city—Lordsholm. Without the means to purge the infestation herself, and fearing the local authorities had already been compromised, she sent a coded astropathic communication to Watch Fortress Erioch issuing a formal request for aid from the Deathwatch in exterminating a Genestealer infestation on the world of Avalos. After reviewing the evidence and assessing the threat of a Tyranid presence in the Avalos system, I consider the danger serious enough to dispatch a Kill-team.  Your mission is simple: purge the infestation.  In addition, Inquisitor Sophia has requested to accompany you on your mission.  She has discussed her reasons with me, but whether she chooses to share them is up to her.  You will be given limited access to the armory and 30 requisition in addition to your standard wargear.  Any questions?"

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41 »

Crossing his path with his Brother from the Dark Angels, Armitael just released a subtle sigh, now believing that the matters to treat are of dire importance... somehow. As he stepped toe-to-toe into the chamber with his companion, his first sight was that of a woman clad in red armor, whose greatest feature was the Inquisition rossette. He felt no love for those of the Inquisition, but he nonetheless had to remain calm and respectful of them, as it was part of his duties.

And he was right to suspect that, as the mission was to purge the scourge of the Genestealers from a world that could be prey to the Tyranids. "No questions shall be done by me, Brother-Captain. I only serve to reap apart the enemies of the Emperor."-Armitael said, nodding at his superior officer.-"Welcome to Deathwatch, Sister-Inquisitor. Now, if you excuse me, I'll prepare myself for the mission."

Issuing a simple salute, he walked out of the chamber, going directly to the armory in order to get his equipment. He was not one to delve into the use of bolter weapons, preferring the crude, savage method of dealing with his enemies using a  chainsword, his weapon of choice. Also, just in case, he chose to get also some grenades, as it would help him to better deal with the xenos.

(OFF: Requisition is: 1 Astartes Chainsword, 1 Photon Flash Grenade, 2 Astartes Stun Grenade)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:51 by Kashi »
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 12:19 »

As it was noted previously, Pistis Sophia looked almost ridiculously out of place here, on the Watch Fortress. She was a short one even as for an ordinary human, massively dwarfed by the Astrates around her. Added to it the fact that she looked barely out of her teens- probably a side effect of a well-performed rejuvenation process, and that - and that her hair had uncanny, light-pink colouration, the marines around her would likely believe that she is an hallucination if she was not properly introduced before.

She looked at marines with her head pulled highly up- the only way she could see into their faces- but with no fear or awe so common amongst the people of Imperium blessed to have the right to set their sight on the Emperor's Finest.

'It is my utmost honour to serve with you' she stated carefully, her voice definitely to high and sweet as for one from the Holy Ordos. You could see as she moved her eyes from your unpainted shoulder-pads, inspecting them. 'Scions of Sangiunius and Lion El'Jonson at my side' she commented. 'Truly, I am blessed by Him'

There was something in her voice that held you back from believing that exclamation was entirely sincere. 

Noticing the icy gaze of Brother Verran, her smile widened a tiny bit. 'I understand that you are not pleased with my presence, Scion of the Lion' she whispered to him. 'Worry not, my performance in combat will not endanger your operation in any way.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:08 »

"Questions aplenty, Brother-Captain," Verran replied in turn. He had a habit of over-analysing situations, and would try to get as much data before making decisions where possible. "I will endeavor, however, to raise the most vital."

"So then: Avalos is what grade of world? Purging an agri-world and a hive world are somewhat different affairs, where battlefield terrain is concerned. I would surmise that the infestation is still small in relative scale, or the world itself is sparsely populated, to not warrant a full-scale military engagement... Further: should we expect the local military to actively intercede on the part of the xenos, and if so, what power might they have available? Further: will we be interacting with the inquisitor present on site for detailed mission intelligence?"

The questioning over, Verran leaned back, straightening up and turning to look at the unusual addition to the team. "I question not your prowess in battle or your devotion, Lady Inquisitor. What gives me cause for concern is your reason for taking up this task alongside the Deathwatch. Whatever your reasons, I can only pray you do not allow them to jeopardise the mission."

(OOC: I'm holding off on wargear requisition for the moment; unlike *some* space marines, I need to know what I'm getting into before I select the appropriate weapons.)

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 13:35 »

'It is an agri-world' spoke the Inquisitor. 'Small one, with only one bigger settlement, called Lordsholm'

She frowned.

'I must admit that I found the records on it in our archives most unsatisfactory. They did not list anything beside that one line. Not even the name of the planet's Governor nor the history of our investigation there- or the lack of thereof. It is highly unheard of- bordering on the impossible- for our intel to be so sparse, so I confess that I suspect that the records must have been crudely cleansed.'

She smiled again, nodding towards the Dark Angel.

'It is the answer to your worries- my 'hidden' she put a lot of stress on that word, smirking 'motive is to uncover the secret beneath that datapurge. Who knows what danger may it hold? My participation in the removing of the Genestealer tainted is caused by other reasons, however' she added after a moment, still smirking. 'Reasons as clear, transparent and glorious as the past of your chapter, Scion of the Calliban. My duty is to ensure Mankind's survival. Genestealers are a threat to it. So I will do all I can to remove it, one way or another.'

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 13:39 »

"Ah, my apologies, I often forget that many recently initiated into the Deathwatch are new to the Jericho Reach.  Avalos is an agri-world.  However, you should be prepared for an urban combat environment, as the infestation is centered on its capital, Lordsholm.  We are unsure to what degree the PDF is compromised, although those that remain loyal to the Emperor will assist you where possible.  I am afraid I know little else.  Inquisitor Kalistradi will have more information on the infestation when you arrive."

Meanwhile, the quartermaster retrieves Armitael's requested gear.  "Your transport awaits at Void Dock 6.  May the Emperor guide your blades."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 07:27 »

"The data purge could have been performed by the xenos agents themselves in order to hide the infestation from less determined scrutiny," Verran pointed out, then turned to the Watch Captain again.

"We will have the site's inquisitor provide us with further information, then. Some special ammunition may be of use here... but I will leave these concerns for the quartermaster," he said, bowing briefly to the Watch Captain before leaving to prepare - collect and put on his armour, retrieve his weapons, requisition those hellfire rounds he had in mind...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 15:35 by Xander Morhaime »

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 07:35 »

'Unlikely, or more like impossible- the databanks of Tricorn Palace are available only to Inquisitors and chosen few from their retinues.'

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 12:00 »

As he was ready for the mission, he took the requisitioned equipment, nodding at the words of the quartermaster. "May the Emperor guides you as well, Brother-Quartermaster"-He just said, walking to the armory's door. He was feeling anxious of beginning the purge of xenos, to help bring peace to the Imperium, all in His name.

And because of that, he was going to the docks, where the transport that would take him and those who will be with him directly to the world where the Genestealers were running rampant.
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:34 »

The quartermaster retrieves a backpack full of hellfire rounds for Verran.  "Your transport awaits at Void Dock 6.  May the Emperor guide your aim."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All