Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Deathwatch IC  (Read 29817 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch IC
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 08:52 »

"The Emperor protects, brother quartermaster," Verran replied, taking the additional ammo and with it heading to the designated dock to get underway.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:25 »

As Armitael and Verran (and the inquisitor) reached Dock 6 they saw another space marine - one wearing an older looking suit of power armor with a robe strapped over it - approach them.

- "I am Zahariel and I was directed to aid you in your task on Avalos." - he introduced himself shortly - "I believe there will be one other joining us shortly."
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55 »

As Zahariel predicted, another figure in blue power armor approached the party.
"Greetings. I am Rezmiel" - that was all he said.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 05:35 »

The Watch Captain looks to Inquisitor Sophia.  "The transport to Avalos is docked at Void Dock 6."

(Whoops, forgot that I never told her IC where the ship is.)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 09:03 »

"Brother Librarian..." Verran said, respectfully nodding his head. The Consecrator also received a respectful nod. The Devastator then looked around at the gathered kill-team. "The company is good. The fact that such a gathering is necessary, however, is not," he observed. "Let us hope the Lady Inquisitor will be here soon... else the situation might deteriorate further by the time we get there."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38 »

'Thank you, Brother Captain, I shall leave at once' the Inquisitor nodded, and did as she said, quickly passing though fortress's corridors until she reached said dock. She glanced at the newly arrived marines, and what could be a slightest grimace erupted briefly on her face.

'Greetings. I take it that is all of kill-team gathered here... or are we waiting for more of you?'

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 12:08 »

- "None other are to accompany us as far as I was told. Just the four of us and you... Inquisitor." - Zahariel spoke again - "We should probably make haste and leave."

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 08:15 »

Your journey to the Avalos system aboard the Imperial Sword Class Frigate Valiant was swift. During the voyage, you remained mostly apart from the rest of the crew, who in turn kept their distance, overawed to have not one, but several members of the legendary Adeptus Astartes aboard their ship. Your only real contact was with its commander, Captain Galrite Haltreme, as he gave you updates on the vessel’s progress and assurances that you would reach Avalos as quickly as his crew could manage.

After a week of travel, the ship's public address system comes on.  "We have entered the Avalos System.  Deathwatch Kill-Team, please report to the hangar and prepare for insertion."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38 »

"So it begins..." Verran muttered to himself, looking up at the voxcaster that pronounced their arrival.

With that, the Devastator finished his prayers and readied for their descent to the planet, his heavy bolter loaded with regular rounds in the event that forces on the planet would try to oppose their landing. The Dark Angel went over his equipment one final time himself - checking the seals on the grenades, tending to the machine spirits of his sidearm and his heavy bolter, testing the edge of the issue knife and his ceremonial sword, going over the feed system for the ammunition backpacks... and finally, seeing to the revered machine spirit of his power armour.

So prepared, he made his way to the vessel's hangar.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 13:52 »

- "Begins? More like never ends brother." - Zahariel finished putting magazines into his bolter's fire selector - one with hellfire rounds to scour flesh and bone, one with metal storm shells to cut through masses and one with regular shells - "Our duty that is. There always is another threat to deal with."

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 12:39 »

"It never had a beginning point for starters." - Armitael said, glancing at the rest of the kill-team as they got ready for the purge. Just to be sure, he took a look at his grenades, making sure they were with their safe in place, as well as checking the mechanisms of the two chainswords, the physical embodiment of his very own soul. Satisfied, he followed his teammates to the ship's hangar.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 13:13 »

Sophia followed the Battle Brothers, clad in a simple, brown robe worn over her suit of carapace armror. A massive- at least for an ordinary human standard- boltgun was slung over her shoulder, and by the look of it, it could be assumed that this weapon served the Inquisitor for a long time. Another weapon, a simple, robust revolver was strapped to her hip. And then there was a sword.

For all you could see and, it was an ordinary blade, one among the untold numbers of weapons forged for Emperor's service. And yet, in the way Sophia displayed it, in the way she wore it was something that made you believe that this particular sword was something much, much more.

She seemed as calm as the Astrates were, relaxed and prepared to meet whatever the Enemy Beyond could throw at her.

'There will be an end to the duty' she stated firmly. 'There will come a day when all is done, for better or for worse.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 15:01 »

"Our service to the Emperor begins when we are born... and only in death does duty end," Verran summed up with a shrug. "The task of slaying the Emperor's foes, however, comes and goes like the tides."

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 07:35 »

Rezmiel followed the team, listening to their conversation, but not participating in it. He did not check his equipment, and it looks that he rarely does it, just by looking on his bolter.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14 »

The hangar is empty, save for a lone Thunderhawk gunship and Captain Haltreme, who greets you when you enter.  "My lords, we are nearing Avalos.  I suggest you make any final mission preparations now."  He presses a finger to the micro-bead in his ear.  As he listens, his expression turns grim.  "I have been informed that we have entered vox range of the planet, but all attempts at contact have been met with silence.  I have a bad feeling about this."

(OOC: Now would be the time for selecting a squad leader and oath-taking.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:17 by Kamikaze14 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All