DoomRL > Discussion

Quick questions thread!

<< < (235/237) > >>

ih8regin:
Intuition 2, then don't enter the monster's range on your turn, let them wander into your vicinity instead. I learned this trick watching one of Tormuse's videos when I finally gave up on trying to figure it out myself - even if it ended up as simple as this. That is, maneuver so that the yet-invisible monster would be marked at the very edge of your FOV, both before and after your move, thus if he'd get closer you will have the first chance to act. Doorways and ambushes aside, of course. With doorways, you would need a lure or wait until all enemies (detectable ofc) on the other side of the door are close to the wall with the door so that they won't see you entering the square with the door. With ambushes, I believe your best bet would be using phase devices prior to an ambush or right after it like in City of Skulls.

iainuki:

--- Quote from: ih8regin on April 11, 2020, 21:56 ---Intuition 2, then don't enter the monster's range on your turn, let them wander into your vicinity instead. I learned this trick watching one of Tormuse's videos when I finally gave up on trying to figure it out myself - even if it ended up as simple as this. That is, maneuver so that the yet-invisible monster would be marked at the very edge of your FOV, both before and after your move, thus if he'd get closer you will have the first chance to act. Doorways and ambushes aside, of course. With doorways, you would need a lure or wait until all enemies (detectable ofc) on the other side of the door are close to the wall with the door so that they won't see you entering the square with the door. With ambushes, I believe your best bet would be using phase devices prior to an ambush or right after it like in City of Skulls.

--- End quote ---

I definitely don't have any trouble doing it with Intuition 2.  (This is why I end up playing so many scouts, and often go Intuition 2 as my first traits.)  I'm trying to figure out how to do without Intuition 2, for all the challenges where I can't have that.

ih8regin:

--- Quote from: iainuki on April 17, 2020, 16:42 --- I'm trying to figure out how to do without Intuition 2, for all the challenges where I can't have that.

--- End quote ---
Is there any, besides radar shooting with a shotgun and listening for screams?

Tormuse:
Also, lots of waiting by doorways or around blind corners such that you can see them coming before they see you.

iainuki:

--- Quote from: Tormuse on April 18, 2020, 00:00 ---Also, lots of waiting by doorways or around blind corners such that you can see them coming before they see you.

--- End quote ---

On Nightmare, does this demand that you've done perfect corpse disposal beforehand?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version