DoomRL > Discussion

Quick questions thread!

<< < (236/237) > >>

Tormuse:
That would be ideal, but it's not always practical.  When I'm establishing myself at the beginning of a level, I sometimes have to prioritize who I dispose of, and any enemies that I can just one-shot, I kill them where they stand and focus more on getting rid of the corpses of larger enemies, then come back to getting rid of the smaller ones when they revive later.  I'm not saying this is necessarily the ideal strategy or anything, but that's how my Nightmare games usually play out.

iainuki:

--- Quote from: Tormuse on April 24, 2020, 04:39 ---That would be ideal, but it's not always practical.  When I'm establishing myself at the beginning of a level, I sometimes have to prioritize who I dispose of, and any enemies that I can just one-shot, I kill them where they stand and focus more on getting rid of the corpses of larger enemies, then come back to getting rid of the smaller ones when they revive later.  I'm not saying this is necessarily the ideal strategy or anything, but that's how my Nightmare games usually play out.

--- End quote ---

Another related quick question on Nightmare: spending lots of time waiting speeds up the respawn rate.  Is it just always better to spend time waiting for enemies around blind corners and doing tedious corpse disposal tasks, even though this will speed up respawns?

iainuki:
I've watched the videos of Tormuse and frozenca/papilio doing Hell Arena on UV/N! with a pistol or melee weapon, but in trying to replicate them, I've completely failed.  When I looked at the mortems, though, they and other people seem to be able to do Hell Arena in AoB/AoMr on UV/N!.  However, every time I try I end up running out of HP and dying.  What's the trick to it?

iainuki:
In some of Tormuse's mortems for AAoRA, I've seen that that he's visited Hell's Armory at least.  I know how to do Deimos Lab in AAoRA, but I haven't figured out the trick to getting to the important parts of Hell's Armory in time.  What's the trick?

CrashGordon94:
Anyone got any basic strategy stuff for:

• Angel of Pacifism
• Angel of Red Alert
• Angel of Confidence/Overconfidence

?

These ones aren't covered on the wiki, or I wouldn't bother you guys here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version