Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 04:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 445014 times)

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 00:07 »

1) Something in a level full of grabby monsters probably picked it up, then migrated to the center, where lots of things were whittled down while picking it up off of fresh corpses. Either that or he did just what you said. Cybernetic Armor cannot be un-equipped.

2) If you have Whizkid (2) before modding things into assemblies, I believe they can be modded an extra time afterwards.

3) I'm pretty sure if you have moved since the monster's last turn, and it attacks you for its next turn, it retains its chance to target the square you were in before.
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Hissatsu

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2011, 01:32 »

1) I see now, cyber armor is actually a useful bait like a medpack but useless for the monster since it gives him 0 armor... Maybe thats why in every video i see it its 0/100, since alot of hellspawn did wear it already :)

2) So, i have to wait for whizkid (2) before creating an aseembly, is that correct?

3) In other words, if i moved, and monster didnt move/shoot, i can shoot him as much as i want and my dodgemaster will still work when its his time to act?

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 05:38 »

2) Yes (to be able to mod it)

3) You can only dodge if your last action was a move. If you dodge an enemy, it will target the square you were in on your last turn regardless of how fast or slow the enemy is.

Hissatsu

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2011, 13:28 »

3) So if there is a slow enemy, that acts once per 2 actions, and i move then shoot, will i be able now to dodge his shot or i had to shoot then move in order to have a chance to dodge?

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2011, 06:25 »

You will not dodge the enemy unless moving is the last thing YOU did. So, you must fire then move.

Hissatsu

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2011, 12:59 »

So against slow enemies with dodgemaster i must always lure their movement or fire before i start shooting them, and then carefully calculate my timing to know when to move again?

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2011, 14:18 »

So against slow enemies with dodgemaster i must always lure their movement or fire before i start shooting them, and then carefully calculate my timing to know when to move again?
I suppose if you want to be as precise as possible then yes, you'll want to time every one of your actions to every one of theirs. The problem "I" have doing that is twofold: first, I can only know exactly when the enemy will move if I know exactly when they move relative to the game's turn count, and I'm not about to start keeping track of every game turn and every enemy's speed for just that purpose; second, all actions are not only timed to the turn count (whose base unit is 0.1s) but also to an energy count (whose unit is 0.001s) which complicates things further when your actions take odd amounts of time. I don't think players attempt to time their actions exactly with the enemy's except in very specific circumstances (like in 1v1 boss battles), and even then you can be fairly confident with estimates. It's not like enemies attack 100% of the time they can, either: there's only a set chance of them trying to hit you, and it's often lower than 50% (except on N!). In the end you can waste a lot of time for only a few successful results.

In general, Dodgemaster is best used in builds that let you move around a lot: if you can combine that with a really fast firing time (so the chance of enemy reprisal is low) then all the better. It doesn't help against enemies that use homing attacks (Revenants, Arch-viles) nor against enemies with multiple projectiles in a single attack (Arachnotrons, Commandos) so it is of fairly limited use near the end-game. Cyberdemon, however, with his rocket launcher and reload time you can count on, is the perfect place for it.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2011, 20:15 »

what are the sIDs for the new ammoboxes?  I want them to match my weapon/ammo colours, but the only list of sIDs I found was in the old wiki.
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2011, 20:19 »

10mm ammo chain: pammo
shell box: pshell
rocket box: procket
power battery: pcell

I'll try to have an updated list out pretty soon. Or you can just ask here :)

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2011, 22:59 »

thanks!

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2011, 00:10 »

How do I go full screen in Windows 7? Latest topic on the subject was 2009 and Kornel said he'd have functionality for it back by 0.9.9.1, but I downloaded 0.9.9.4 and I can't do full screen with Alt-Enter and there's no info on how else I might do it. :/ It really sucks because windowed mode is tiny and I really liked fullscreen mode when I played more regularly.

p.s: increasing font size at least helps but it's really not the same
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 00:12 by BDR »

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2011, 01:12 »

there are some more recent mentions of it, if you search all forums you can find some.
basically:
1) under win7/vista it's either impossible or barely possible to fullscreen a console application
2) a future doomrl, currently probably 1.0, will use a fake SDL console mode that you can fullscreen
3) until then, you can use NotEye or cons2tcod from http://www.roguetemple.com/z/

personally, I find playing in a large window (Consolas, size 36) preferable to the added layer - but everybody should try first-person mode of NotEye at least once!

Narsil

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2011, 07:25 »

Why I can't use Scavenger trait? Description says "just unload it when it's fully unloaded, and you can scrap it into a useful mod pack", but all I get is "This weapon isn't loaded", no matter if I have this weapon in my inventory or not. What the frak?

lmaoboat

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2011, 07:45 »

I noticed my tactical shotgun doesn't work with the Shottyman trait. Was it always like this?
Edit:
Seems to bee all shotguns actually. I didn't get any blocked perks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:05 by lmaoboat »

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2011, 08:50 »

Narsil:

All I can say is: double check that you have the Scavenger trait, and make sure the weapon you're trying to use it on is either exotic, unique, assembled, or modded. (Exotic weapons are bright pink in color. Unique weapons are bright green in color. Both of them show up in the special page of the player profile.

If this does not resolve the issue, please put a more detailed post about the problem in the bug reporting forum.

lmaoboat:

Double check that you have the shottyman trait. Then make sure you have ammo in your inventory. Note that shell boxes don't work with shottyman whether sitting in the inventory or in the prepared slot. You can still use the shells inside the box with shottyman if you unload the box, but this will destroy the box. Destroying the box may be undesirable as it provides a substantial benefit while in the equipped slot.

If this does not resolve the issue, please put a more detailed post about the problem in the bug reporting forum.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 79