Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444254 times)

Dreadlord

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 08:13 »

I've found the Cybernetic Armor in the Armory, and after a freak accident at the Wall I was forced to equip it, or to be torn apart by several Barons of Hell. Since I cannot remove the damn thing, I have some questions about it.

Can it be destroyed?

How moddable it is? Can I bump it up with several mods or it has only one mod slot regardless of Whizkid? Can assembly recipes be applied to it?

Missileboater

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 08:25 »

I've found the Cybernetic Armor in the Armory, and after a freak accident at the Wall I was forced to equip it, or to be torn apart by several Barons of Hell. Since I cannot remove the damn thing, I have some questions about it.

Can it be destroyed?

How moddable it is? Can I bump it up with several mods or it has only one mod slot regardless of Whizkid? Can assembly recipes be applied to it?

The wiki actually has the answer to all your questions here: http://doom.chaosforge.org/wiki/Cybernetic_Armor

I believe I saw someone's mortem that made a 'Cybernano Cybernetic armor', which was ridiculous.
DoomRL 0.9.9.4         | DoomRL 0.9.9.3
[23|19|18|7|2]          | [24|18|16|5|0]
Arch-vile Mjr General | Arch-vile Colonel
[27m/59s/40a]          | [29m/48s/27a]

Dreadlord

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 08:33 »

Oh, that made everything clear. So, if it is fully damaged, it will just have laughable protection value?

//Too bad this character died, and his death is a great example of stupid deaths, accidentally stepped into lava with low health...

Missileboater

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 08:41 »

Yep, if it's fully damaged it'll just stay on you giving no protection at all while still slowing you down. The Cybernetic armor is really a last resort armor when there aren't any other options.

P.S. Stupid deaths happen to all of us. My worst one is corner shooting with a tactical shotgun, then trying to fire while it's empty. Of course the damn "EmptyConfirm = true" line doesn't work with tactical shotguns for some reason, and my character runs into a horde of enemies.

Missileboater

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47 »

I just finished running through Angel of 100 on UV, but after reading through the mortem I'm curious about why there weren't many commandos in the run. It says I only killed 13 commandos in the entire run, which just seems odd since I thought they were one of the "tough" enemies in the game and the only enemies with lower kill counts were bosses and nightmare Arch-viles. If I recall correctly, I don't think I really saw any past like the 40s or 50s. I don't know, is there a reason why there are so little of them?

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 13:11 »

Commandos never appear after level 17 (and they're also somewhat uncommon).  I think this is kind of silly since the other former foos can appear all the way down to level 100 (by virtue of monster groups).  Maybe an arch-vile + commando group is in order?

For detailed information about how monsters get generated, you can look on the wiki (here and here).

Missileboater

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 13:32 »

Ah, I missed the "Monster Groups' section there. I do agree that it's odd how even the normal former humans with pistols can appear up until the very end, while the dangerous commandos with plasma rifles stop appearing while not even 1/5 done with the run.

Dreadlord

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 14:04 »

How can I unlock Angel of 100?
Wiki says it becomes available after I get Sergeant Major.
The game says that in order to get Sergeant Major I must have 3 silver badges total, but I already have 6, and the prerequisite still looks blanked out as if I never fulfilled it.

WTF?

And another thing. Last time I was playing on "Hey, Not Too Rough" (and it is like a walk in the park after "Hurt Me Plenty") and nuked the Cyberdemon. After a very tough battle against the final boss and his unlimited supply of demons I accidentally sniped him off vision with my High Power Railgun, ending the game, but further mortems don't say a word about it, merely stating about "rumours that Cyberdemon has been killed". What's wrong here?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 14:16 by Dreadlord »

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2011, 14:22 »

Angel of 100 is indeed unlocked at Sergeant Major.

The requirement for Sergeant Major is to have both 12 or more bronze badges and 3 or more silver badges. You must have both the bronze badges and the silver badges. The requirements you have satisfied should be grayed out in the Show Player menu.

It is theoretically possible to have all the requirements fulfilled but still not to have advanced to the new rank. This can only occur when transferring a player.wad from a different game version. If this is the case, you should receive the new rank after playing any one game.

Dreadlord

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2011, 15:07 »

Oh, I apologise for my inattention, I indeed have less bronze badges than needed. For some reason I thought that grey prerequisite was the one that was NOT fulfilled. Silly me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 15:49 by Dreadlord »

Palmiro Togliatti

• Private FC
  • P.C.I.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2011, 02:41 »

- do you dodge only while running? or to dodge it's just necessary stepping diagonally up and down?
E tu pretendi di fare la rivoluzione senza sapere i risultati della Juve?

The Page

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 03:42 »

- do you dodge only while running? or to dodge it's just necessary stepping diagonally up and down?

Running increases your dodge chance,  but you can dodge while not running. I believe.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2011, 08:08 »

In addition to increasing your movespeed (which affects dodge chance directly), all enemies' accuracies are reduced, so in a way you have a better chance to dodge in THAT respect, but it's technically a better chance for enemies to miss with their projectiles if they were already targeting your tile.

Running is basically the best thing ever and, if it weren't for the loss of accuracy, halved melee damage, and low duration on your end, it'd probably be TOO good. *cough* For all this information and more regarding your tactics state, check out this page on the Wiki.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:09 by Game Hunter »
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2011, 13:22 »

Okay, I need to correct a mistake I've been making lately. Movespeed and dodging chance, in their pure form, are NOT directly related to each other. Hellrunner happens to be applied using what it called "movetime", which affect both movespeed and dodging chance at the same time: all other movespeed or dodging bonuses only affect their statistic. I apologize for this inaccuracy on my part.

However, movespeed can affect dodging INdirectly in rare circumstances. If, for instance, a monster manages to attack you twice during a single one of your moves, the first attack will take a dodging 'roll' to see if the attack is aimed at your square, while the second attack will automatically target it (since you were in the same square in between its own moves).
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Hissatsu

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2011, 23:23 »

Quick questions :)

1) How do i unequip cyber armor?
I saw Game Hunter do it in his videos, i mean i saw 0/100% cyber armor in his inventory, so he must have equipped it to damage it, right? Or did he intentionally feed it to multiple armor picking up enemies to wear it down?

2) In which way and how are assemblies moddable?
In Game Hunter videos i saw him mod Tactical Armor with a P and Hyperblaster with a P. I was NEVER able to do it! Right now i have a save with whizkid 2 and hyperblaster and "it cannot be modded with P anymore"! What are the rules for modding assemblies?

3) When exactly does Dodge work?
Does Dodge take place if i moved right before monster action, or if i moved between his last action and his current action? Meaning, if monster acts, then i move, shoot, then its monster time to act, will Dodge take place, because since monster last action, i moved, or will it not, since my last action before his action was not movement?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79