Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444109 times)

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40 »

Yes, but I'm not sure how does it stack with Scout's intrinsic speed boost. It's either 130% base or 120%*110% base (that is 132% effective speed).

Your speed would be 130, those bonuses are added together.  At 100% move speed, you would take 0.77 s to move.
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17

N o i r

• Backer
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2012, 05:11 »

Multiple Berserk packs will stack in duration? If I take both those in the Chained Court, will they last twice?
If I take the chainsaw AND the two packs, will they last like three packs?

How long does it take to cycle a Combat Shotgun? That is, not reloading a shell - just pumping the next shell by pressing "r" in place.

Pricklyman

• Sergeant Major
  • Crazy Nutjob - and lovin it
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 29, 2012, 05:14 »

Multiple Berserk packs will stack in duration? If I take both those in the Chained Court, will they last twice?
If I take the chainsaw AND the two packs, will they last like three packs?

Oh yes, they stack.

Same with invuln and all that jazz. (light amp etc.)

N o i r

• Backer
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26 »

Oh yes, they stack.

Same with invuln and all that jazz. (light amp etc.)

So basically, the best way of clearing the Chained Court on UV would be to kill the Barons safely, kill as many little guys safely, then pick up ALL berserk packs and rocket jump to the Arena Master to kill him with as much berserker duration as possible, to make sure that it won't expire while you are fighting him?

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2012, 05:34 »

So basically, the best way of clearing the Chained Court on UV would be to kill the Barons safely, kill as many little guys safely, then pick up ALL berserk packs and rocket jump to the Arena Master to kill him with as much berserker duration as possible, to make sure that it won't expire while you are fighting him?

It might be a good idea to leave one of the packs for healing after the level is cleared.

Also, if you are playing AoB (or jsut a melee build) and don't finish the arena, you can try to clear the chained court without using berserk packs and then leave with 5 pack's worth of zerk. That can last for a couple of next levels, especially to marines that are too young to die =)
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

N o i r

• Backer
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33 »

Thanks everyone. This one got left behind: how long does it take to cycle a Combat Shotgun's shell? That is, not reloading a shell - just pumping the next one by pressing "r" standing in place after firing.

Uitë

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 29, 2012, 07:02 »

iirc, it's 0.2 seconds, regardless of any speed boosts you may have.
Arch-Vile 1st Lieutenant
[26|12|6|1|0]

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2012, 07:02 »

This kind of information is easily found on the wiki.

To answer - it takes 0.2 second or whatever your move speed is, in case you pump while moving.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Perfectblue

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 30, 2012, 08:01 »

This is the first Rogue Like I have ever played, and I am a bit confused by a few of the stats namely increased movement speed/ weapon fire speed/ reload speed.

How do these benefit you in a rogue like when its on a turn by turn basis? For instance, movement speed you move one grid. Same goes with reloading it takes one turn to reload when you press "r". Similarly you can get one shot of per a turn.

I would appreciate clarification.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12 »

There are two types of time being kept -- real time and game time.  Real time is what your clock is saying, while game time is the "time" tracked by the game.

You can move one grid in "real-time" turn, but that turn will take less game time to complete.  So anything that modifies "time" just changes the amount of game time incurred for that one turn of action.

Also this is a good question to put in the Quick Questions thread instead of starting a new one.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:14 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 30, 2012, 08:20 »

For instance, movement speed you move one grid. Same goes with reloading it takes one turn to reload when you press "r". Similarly you can get one shot of per a turn.
Same happens irl.

What is this all speed for, when we all move metre by metre?
Why do all those people complain about reload speed, since we reload when we reload? It takes 1 turn to reload bazooka, and it takes 1 turn to reload railgun...
Oh, and take this: it takes 1 turn to shot from minigun and it takes 1 turn to throw a stick.

Why do we use miniguns when we could use sticks and rocks?

;)

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2012, 09:43 »

This is the first Rogue Like I have ever played, and I am a bit confused by a few of the stats namely increased movement speed/ weapon fire speed/ reload speed.

How do these benefit you in a rogue like when its on a turn by turn basis? For instance, movement speed you move one grid. Same goes with reloading it takes one turn to reload when you press "r". Similarly you can get one shot of per a turn.

I would appreciate clarification.

Most enemy actions take 1 second to complete. Thus, it takes 1 second for an imp to fire a fireball, or for a sergeant to move. Now let's say that you took some hellrunner to increase your movement speed and are wearing some tactical armor. Now your movement speed is about 0.5 seconds. This means that for every two times you move, a sergeant only gets to move once. See?

Same goes for firing and reloading. You could be fast as the dickens while you're moving, but it could still take you 1.0 seconds to fire.
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0

Perfectblue

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2012, 10:20 »

For technicians, one of their abilities for the class reads "can hack computer maps for tracking data". My question is the computer you "hack" is simply acquiring the map pick up in a level? And once picked up the tracking data is every enemy on the map or is it items too?

Thanks

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21 »

Just pick up the computer map and you'll get the tracking map effect. Tracking maps provide all of the effects of computer maps with the added bonus of showing you where enemies are - so, yes, it does show items.
Use power for power.

Perfectblue

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 30, 2012, 10:57 »

Thanks Uranium, and everyone that helped me with the turn based speed question I had.

In addition, do perks such as hellrunner that increase dodge chance work on visible projectiles such as an imps fireball or cacodemons projectile attack?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79