Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 14:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444512 times)

Ridonk

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: OH GOD MY EYES and also confusion
« Reply #975 on: January 31, 2014, 17:37 »

Hey there, guise.

So. Angel of Darkness. The wiki tells me this: "Your vision radius is only 6 and anything outside of this radius is black, except for what maps reveal as well as Intuition. Scouts and maps do not know the location of stairs. Experience gain is doubled." I started it just today, on HNTR just to test the water.

Monsters are respawning. Should they be respawning? I don't think they should be respawning. Can anyone shed some light (haaaaaaaa.) on this for me?

I am also slightly confused by this. Is this a handy training ground for N! corpse disposal techniques? :)

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
Re: OH GOD MY EYES and also confusion
« Reply #976 on: February 01, 2014, 17:24 »

I am also slightly confused by this. Is this a handy training ground for N! corpse disposal techniques? :)
That's a good way of looking at it!
Yes, it's intended to work that way. Stops you from feeling safe in the dark. :)
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

aka_Cthulhu

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #977 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18 »

Is there any way to remove the red tint from the screen when you're berserk. It's gonna hurt my eyes if I'm going to have to watch it for 400 more floors...

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 13, 2014, 01:24 »

No.
I computed, therefore I was.

OhGawdSpidersNo

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 13, 2014, 12:11 »

Where is keybindings.lua when you play on a mac? Or, is there some way to change keybindings in game?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #980 on: March 16, 2014, 01:05 »

I'm pretty sure binding can only be done outside the game. As for the file - which is in the root folder on windows - I'm not sure how this works on mac. If you can't find it, look at the config.lua - you should be able to find a reference in there.

If the keybindings.lua should indeed be there, try downloading again and just add the file to the root.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

OhGawdSpidersNo

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21 »

I'm pretty sure binding can only be done outside the game. As for the file - which is in the root folder on windows - I'm not sure how this works on mac. If you can't find it, look at the config.lua - you should be able to find a reference in there.

If the keybindings.lua should indeed be there, try downloading again and just add the file to the root.

Unfortunately I can't figure out where any of these files are, not even config.lua
Even after figuring out how to search for hidden system files on a mac I can't find any .lua files, or any files associated with doomrl called "config" or "keybindings"
It's pretty damn annoying.

Another question: Can you build advanced assemblies off of other advanced assemblies? Specifically, can I make an assault rifle using a gatling gun as a base?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #982 on: March 16, 2014, 12:33 »

Unfortunately I can't figure out where any of these files are, not even config.lua
Even after figuring out how to search for hidden system files on a mac I can't find any .lua files, or any files associated with doomrl called "config" or "keybindings"
It's pretty damn annoying.

Can't help you then, I'm afraid. Downloaded the mac version myself, but naturally I can't even open the archive file. I can talk to some people, though...

Another question: Can you build advanced assemblies off of other advanced assemblies? Specifically, can I make an assault rifle using a gatling gun as a base?

Nope. Once you've chosen to assemble something, that's it. Technicians can still goof around with 'em a bit more, but the assembly type will be set in stone. Also see the assembly part of the wiki, although be warned that this contains lots of spoilers.

Floaters

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2014, 15:23 »

How do you get a full win on Ao100? I've tried waiting out a nuke under invulnerability on HMP to no avail; is it a UV/N! thing or did I have to descend that last staircase with the nuke primed on the level?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #984 on: March 17, 2014, 00:00 »

How do you get a full win on Ao100?

You don't. It's a feature for the standard game and any challenge based on the standard game (so just about every game except Ao100 and AAo666).

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 17, 2014, 00:05 »

You don't. It's a feature for the standard game and any challenge based on the standard game (so just about every game except Ao100 and AAo666).
There may be a way, but it's hopelessly luck-based and very very hard.
I computed, therefore I was.

OhGawdSpidersNo

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 17, 2014, 21:21 »

So I'm playing Angel of 100 and I just found a Laser Rifle. I already have a hyperblaster.

Should I just turn this thing into an assault rifle, burst cannon, or wait around and try to make it into a nanomanufacture laser rifle.

Alt Scenario:
If you had a regular plasma rifle and a laser rifle, and you could make one of them nanomanufacture and the other any other assembly, what would you do?

OhGawdSpidersNo

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 17, 2014, 21:39 »

Do onyx and nano packs appear in Ao100? I'm on level 75 and I haven't seen any special packs at all yet.

So I'm playing Angel of 100 and I just found a Laser Rifle. I already have a hyperblaster.

Should I just turn this thing into an assault rifle, burst cannon, or wait around and try to make it into a nanomanufacture laser rifle.

Alt Scenario:
If you had a regular plasma rifle and a laser rifle, and you could make one of them nanomanufacture and the other any other assembly, what would you do?

Like, my thoughts are that an assault laser rifle would basically instakill everything, but will end up using up possibly more ammo than my hyperblaster because every volley will eat 2 instead of 1 (I'm using ammochain, by the way)

So I was thinking I could aim for a nanomanufacture plasma rifle and an assault laser rifle, to use the assault most of the time and then fall back to the nano if I run out of ammo. I don't have a nano pack right now, and I'm afraid that if I commit to the assault rifle idea I might end up running out of ammo and dying.

And then let's say a nanopack does show up next level, is the last plan even the best? Maybe I should just slap the nanomanufacture on the laser rifle and be done with ammo forever.

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 17, 2014, 21:55 »

more ammo than my hyperblaster because every volley will eat 2 instead of 1 (I'm using ammochain, by the way)
you basically do not need nanomanufacture ammo with ammochain, simple N-mod quite enough. So, as for my experience, I would make assault laser rifle and Nano-mod it. 40 ammo -> 20 shots, you always have a possibility wait for nano-recharge that.
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

OhGawdSpidersNo

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 17, 2014, 23:10 »

Looks like I found a nuclear plasma rifle! Guess I can fall back on that as my alt, and fully commit to the laser assault rifle.

If ammo isn't looking to be a problem maybe I'll even boost it with a power or bulk instead.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79