Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 14:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444525 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #990 on: March 17, 2014, 23:18 »

If ammo isn't looking to be a problem maybe I'll even boost it with a power or bulk instead.

Focus on damage, I'd say. The more things you can kill with one volley (=1 cell), the more ammo-efficient you are. The combination nuke rifle and MAc in itself should end all your worries about ammo, on lower difficulties at least.

*rummages through forum archive*

There, I knew it: http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,6808.0.html
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Floaters

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 18, 2014, 00:41 »

Regarding that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that waits at the bottom of Ao100, what is needed to access that secret?
It mentions
Could I have a hint or an explanation as to what it is?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #992 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53 »

Regarding that
that waits at the bottom of Ao100, what is needed to access that secret?
It mentions

No. Feel free to pester people via PM until they start blocking you, but public discussion is heresy :)

Disclaimer: I don't know either D:

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 18, 2014, 22:42 »

Quote from: Floaters
...waits at the bottom of Ao100, what is needed to access that secret?
Hint? at any game, challenge or not. If you have (spoiler) when achieving a standart victory (and LEAVING last level of that challenge) you got a (spoiler). A bonus death or full victory if you are strong enough. At Ao100 it is a bug, btw.
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #994 on: April 11, 2014, 13:24 »

Playing AoSh UV. Have a P-modded vanilla (Elephant Gun to be) and a non-modded double. Found a nano mod. No WK and no intention of getting it any time soon.

What to do? How good is nanoshrapnel - I know it solves ammo problems, but does it reload fast enough?

[EDIT]: Nevermind, save-scummed to try it, and it sucks total ass (on a vanilla shotgun).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 15:09 by LuckyDee »

Svankensen

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 20, 2014, 10:47 »

After loosing a winning char trapped in mt erebus inner circle with no way out, i got my first HMP victory (second victory in total and first complete victory). I had started plying in HMP, but after losing 3 chars to shamblers i decided to go to an easier difficulty. So in HNTR i decided to face the shamblers and found nothing in their vault (and i was carefull not to blow anything). I thought Shamblers werent wort killing ever, but after clearing Mt Erebus in HNTR and not seeing the advertised lava elemental i decided that, being easy difficulty, it wouldnt have all rewards active.

My HMP game was doing pretty good so i decided not to risk the shamblers for a potential non-reward. So, i want to know, Is there a reward in Deimos Lab for killing the shamblers? I know theres one in hells armory, but i was unable to find any in deimos lab.

Oh, and another question (if its kosher, otherwise ignore it and answer the first): Any recommendations for doing the Angel of Confidence challenge? I've been doing a burst build, the one ive crafted through my games (SoB->EE->SoB->TH->Int->CE->EE->Fin->Fin->Whiz), but so far ive reacher Cateyes at most.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #996 on: June 20, 2014, 12:50 »

after clearing Mt Erebus in HNTR and not seeing the advertised lava elemental i decided that, being easy difficulty, it wouldnt have all rewards active.

That's odd. I can't say for certain about Mt Erebus, but on the Lava Pits - its paired level - the Lava Elemental does appear on HNTR. And you can't miss it, since it's coming after you. You sure you didn't miss a lost soul or something?

My HMP game was doing pretty good so i decided not to risk the shamblers for a potential non-reward. So, i want to know, Is there a reward in Deimos Lab for killing the shamblers? I know theres one in hells armory, but i was unable to find any in deimos lab.

In fact, they should be twice what you get in Hell's armory (not counting any 'normal' items)... I'd say "Screenprint or it didn't happen"

Oh, and another question (if its kosher, otherwise ignore it and answer the first): Any recommendations for doing the Angel of Confidence challenge?

The only AoCn I did was on a melee build. Melee generally have more difficult starts, but they start packing a punch (ha!) swiftly and are devastating once matured.

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

Svankensen

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 20, 2014, 13:22 »

Now that i think about it, i probably missed a monster, i thought you had to open all the levers, not kill all monsters.

Well, no screenprint, but i opened the vault in deimos lab where the 2 shamblers live and i didnt find anything inside that vault. Do the items spawn somewhere else? Maybe that's what happened. In a nutshell, tho, killing the shamblers does give you rewards besides the normal rewards for doing the lab right? I can just search the level afterwards if thats the case. Shamblers are though cookies with only bullets tho, and if i understood right, they dont get damaged by the rocket launcher.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 21, 2014, 06:01 »

Now that i think about it, i probably missed a monster, i thought you had to open all the levers, not kill all monsters.

Well, no screenprint, but i opened the vault in deimos lab where the 2 shamblers live and i didnt find anything inside that vault. Do the items spawn somewhere else?

The items spawn in the vaults after everything on the level is dead.  You have to get the "You feel relatively safe now" message before they appear and it will give you a message like "The lab cache opens."

In a nutshell, tho, killing the shamblers does give you rewards besides the normal rewards for doing the lab right?

You get two more mod packs, including an extra chance for an exotic one, like a nano or onyx mod.

...and if i understood right, they dont get damaged by the rocket launcher.

The description of the Shamblers says they "shrug off explosions" because that description is lifted verbatim from the instruction manual for Quake.  (It makes me feel old that I remember that; what was that?  Twenty years ago?)  :)  I don't think they actually have any fire resistance.  (Nor do they in the original Quake, as far as I know)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 21, 2014, 09:41 »

The description of the Shamblers says they "shrug off explosions" because that description is lifted verbatim from the instruction manual for Quake.  (It makes me feel old that I remember that; what was that?  Twenty years ago?)  :)  I don't think they actually have any fire resistance.  (Nor do they in the original Quake, as far as I know)
I could... you know... make reality match the description (if it currently isn't doing so).

I'm feeling the itch to... nerf easiness...  >.>
I computed, therefore I was.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 21, 2014, 10:29 »

Why stop there?  Maybe you can put six more Shamblers in to give a real challenge...  and throw in a few Cyberdemons for good measure.  :P
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41 »

So... Brütal Doom: The Rogue-like, a fork of 0.9.9.7 that sits between that and 0.9.9.8 where I get to nerf easiness?

* thelaptop sits upright and clasps hands and listens intently.
I computed, therefore I was.

the_tall_man

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 05, 2014, 13:10 »

Unfortunately I can't figure out where any of these files are, not even config.lua
Even after figuring out how to search for hidden system files on a mac I can't find any .lua files, or any files associated with doomrl called "config" or "keybindings"
It's pretty damn annoying.

I was googling for a solution to this and ran into this post...

Right click on the app, select "show package contents", all the files you want are in there.

Hooray for vi keys, now I can play on my laptop properly

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 09, 2014, 17:15 »

Shamblers...I don't think they actually have any fire resistance.  (Nor do they in the original Quake, as far as I know)
In quake they took 50% damage from rockets and grenades.
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

Svankensen

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 19, 2014, 07:23 »

Can i skip most of phobos Base by destroying the doors/walls with a rocket launcher?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 79