Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444549 times)

wintermuet

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2014, 15:41 »

Oh man that's too bad, I really don't plan to post here 20 times. In fact this is probably my last post.
Verification is too cumbersome, content is too poorly organized, and I already have too many forums to keep up with.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 20, 2014, 16:37 »

I'm sorry it's that cumbersome -- you must understand the constant tide of stupid spammers we need to fight.

Why not post some mortems of the games you play?  I'm sure there are enough interesting ones for you to get to the point where you can do your own edits.  It will also establish credibility that you know what you are talking about when you make the edits too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 16:38 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

johnnih

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 10, 2015, 07:04 »

So, I'm getting back into playing some DoomRL again and I am on a strongman run. Suddenly, I realise I have a knife in my hand... Now, I'm unsure if I just used it to open some crates before I got up form the computer to take a break or if I have actually killed something using the knife. Is there any way to know?

Damn. I had a nice start this time around - got myself a couple of nukes and a ballistic vest that couldve helped keeping the 100% kill dream alive.
[11|5|2|0|0]
Cacodemon Sergeant

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #1023 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00 »

Is there any way to know?

Yes. Finish the game or get killed. Schrödinger's cat must be laughing at you :S
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

johnnih

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 10, 2015, 10:40 »

Yes. Finish the game or get killed. Schrödinger's cat must be laughing at you :S
If it's alive, I guess!

But it would seem to me taht I can only know, if I win the game using bare fists all the way from here on. I wouldn't be any wiser, if I died along the way as I would get no award.
[11|5|2|0|0]
Cacodemon Sergeant

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #1025 on: October 10, 2015, 11:26 »

Unfortunately, yes, that's your only option. At least you'll have had a good practice round.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 10, 2016, 05:58 »

Looking for an apostle right now, I'm wondering...
Do you need LUCK to get it in a regular game ?

I mean, from what I know, you need to <censored spoiler>, then get DS & BA, then nuke Spidey, but... what if you didn't find a nuke ?

I'm entering spider's lair with 2 invu globes right now, and got a nuke a few levels earlier, which I would gladly have spent here, but...  I just can't affort to waste it, can I ?  (my goal is that damn apostle, btw)
Getting zerk stuff is hard enough, adding a luck factor to allow getting the Apostle seems pretty unfair to me
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

Zuyl

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 10, 2016, 13:04 »

There's no luck involved if im correct. If you fulfill the specific conditions, the Apostle will spawn. As for nukes, you can always find the Nuclear BFG in Limbo/Mortuary and overload it to trigger a nuke.
Cyberdemon Lt. General
Medals [33]
Badges [26/25/24/17/4/1]

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 10, 2016, 14:52 »

Yeah, sure about the conditions, but the question which remains is : how am I supposed to overload a nuclear weapon with a cursed blade in my hands ?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 10, 2016, 19:02 »

There's no luck involved if im correct. If you fulfill the specific conditions, the Apostle will spawn.
As one who has The Sight, I can confirm that there is little to no luck involved in getting the Apostle consistently.

Literally, there is a chain of events that need to occur.  That's as much as I am willing to say.
I computed, therefore I was.

Zuyl

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 11, 2016, 05:22 »

Yeah, sure about the conditions, but the question which remains is : how am I supposed to overload a nuclear weapon with a cursed blade in my hands ?

Whoops, didn't think about that. I guess you have to get a lucky nuke then..
Cyberdemon Lt. General
Medals [33]
Badges [26/25/24/17/4/1]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 11, 2016, 12:29 »

Oh wow, you're right!  I never thought of that.  Unless there's a secret way to consistently come up with a Thermonuclear Bomb, you really do need a lot of luck because nukes are a pretty uncommon drop.

As one who has The Sight, I can confirm that there is little to no luck involved in getting the Apostle consistently.

Literally, there is a chain of events that need to occur.  That's as much as I am willing to say.

I'm aware that there's a way to consistently get DS and BA to spawn, but I have never seen any mention of a way to consistently spawn a Thermonuclear Bomb.  Evilpotatoe raises a good point that if you have the Dragonslayer in your hands, you won't be able to wield the Nuclear BFG to overload it to nuke the Mastermind.  Is this an oversight on the part of the Devteam?  Or is there something I'm missing?  (I hope you can tell me that much)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2016, 06:28 »

While I don't know how, it seems there's a way.
Maybe going damageless, maybe 100%, maybe... bah, it requires superpowers that mere mortals like us don't have anyway.

New question, about the combat knife ! (seeking Gargulec cross...)

On the alternate fire page, the wiki says :
Throwing ignores attack speed bonuses and always takes 1.0s
=> What does "always" mean. I think there is an "exception" for scouts.  Throwing would not be an attack action, hence not reduced by Finesse, but scout's 10% action speed probably applies, doesn't it ?  Is there any other possible modifier ?

Also,
throwing accepts melee-only damage bonuses
=> ok for +toDam, but it looks like +toHit remains the ranged one.  Does it mean that improving knife accuracy would require EE ?  Does A-modding a knife (slightly) help ?  Is it possible to... S-mod a knife ?!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:55 by Evilpotatoe »

Amnesiac

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 31, 2016, 08:24 »

Could you tell me how to disable effects that make screen red from berserk, white from invulnerablity, etc?

Kref

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 28, 2016, 06:05 »

I have Wizkid 2 perk, and red armor with power mod installed. I want to get eventually cybernano armor, so I try to install second power mod, but get message "This item can not be modified anymore with this mod!". Whats the matter?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79