Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444452 times)

Hamster

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #1035 on: December 28, 2016, 06:11 »

Modpacks can be added in any order, with the exception: second mod of the same type can be added to armor/boots/melee weapon only when completing an assembly, since those can only accept one mod of a kind at once.
https://drl.chaosforge.org/wiki/Assemblies

So just add three different mods, then second power.

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 28, 2016, 14:39 »

Amnesiac, to the best of my knowledge there is no way to disable those effects.

Kref, to fully build out an assembly, you can't begin it until you have the appropriate level of Whizkid. There's a mod cap to any item which takes effect as soon as the first mod is installed, and is based on your Whizkid level at the time(the actual details may be slightly different, but essentially that's how it works).
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 29, 2016, 11:19 »

(Sereg, I think you misunderstood Kref's question)

I have Wizkid 2 perk, and red armor with power mod installed. I want to get eventually cybernano armor, so I try to install second power mod, but get message "This item can not be modified anymore with this mod!". Whats the matter?

The second power mod has to be the last thing you put on.  The order of the others doesn't matter, but it won't let you put the second power mod on unless you are completing the assembly.

This goes for any armour assembly that has more than one of the same mod, such as antigravity boots, where you need to put the second agility mod on last.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 09, 2017, 23:48 »

Really dumb question from a returning player, does a sniper mod do anything at all on a shotgun? I don't think it does but just asking for confirmation.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 10, 2017, 00:00 »

Really dumb question from a returning player, does a sniper mod do anything at all on a shotgun? I don't think it does but just asking for confirmation.
IIRC, it doesn't do anything, and I think the game even calls you up on this ("What a waste" or something like that).

Edit: Eh, my mistake, that behavior would be firestorm mod. Sniper mod in itself doesn't do anything, but when combined with another mod (hint, hint) ...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 00:07 by ZicherCZ »
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 10, 2017, 00:11 »

nope, the gun took it just fine with the normal message and this AoSh is now the 'proud' owner of a "shotgun (8d3) [1/1] (S1)".

edit: Damn, I completely forgot the changed that assembly to use a sniper pack instead of a nano, had I remembered it would have gotten me through the wall...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 00:15 by Deathwind »
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

DooMBringer

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 17, 2017, 12:17 »

Could you advise how completion of Angel of Pacifism is marked in "Difficulty level achievements" section of player stats (part that lists number of wins, deaths and kills on each difficulty)?
Does completing it (detonation of bomb on Mastermind level) counts as Win (partial), death or as win and death at the same time?
Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:19 by DooMBringer »

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 17, 2017, 18:37 »

I *believe* it's counted as a Partial Win... even if you survive killing the Mastermind. I'm quite certain it doesn't count as a standard win just because of the challenge mode, and of course a partial win *is* a death, but for the purposes you're asking about, it's just a partial win. The only question is whether surviving as I did promotes to standard, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it does not(I don't recall how it affected my stats - that's a rather old mortem from a profile I no longer use).

I suppose you could always go and do some M AoPc runs and see...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 18:39 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Faintly

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 21, 2017, 14:27 »

Armor/resistances:

is shrapnel damage effected 2 or 3 times by armor?

How does rounding work with resistances?

Does berserk give armor in addition to the resistances?

mods:

Is shotgun spread or falloff affected by sniper or agility mods?

Is storm bolter a bad mod for a standard 6 shot pistol? I thought the ammo capacity would increase but I guess it's more for things like the combat pistol?

future plans/patches:

Is juggler keybinding planned to remain?

Is feature of reloading from the ground planned?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 14:44 by Faintly »

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 21, 2017, 14:38 »

Is shotgun spread or falloff affected by sniper or agility mods?

Not at all. These mods have no effect on shotguns whatsoever, outside of contributing to their assemblies.

Is juggler keybinding planned to remain?

Is reloading from the ground feature planned?

With the dawn of Jupiter Hell, DRL development looks pretty much nonexistant now, so it's unlikely that you will see such changes anytime soon.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?

Faintly

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 21, 2017, 14:41 »

thanks!

about juggler, I'm still curious what the intention hypothetically would be.

_

I edited in some questions that I thought of after posting but before I saw your reply.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 14:43 by Faintly »

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 21, 2017, 15:09 »

OK, I'll try to answer the other questions as well:

- Shrapnel damage is affected once by resistance and twice by protection (thats what you probably mean by "armor"). IIRC, no monsters have inherent shrapnel resistance, but some monsters can pick up and wear armors with such a resistance.

- Resistance seems to round the damage taken to the nearest integer (this took quite a bit codediving to find out, and I hope I understood it properly :) ).

- Berserk gives no protection (if that is what you mean by "armor"). 60% resist all is powerful in and of itself.

- Storm bolter: What do you mean? Ammo capacity does increase with this assembly by 50%.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 15:10 by ZicherCZ »

Faintly

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 21, 2017, 21:20 »

thanks. Yes I meant protection by armor (flat minusdamage), and with the storm bolter pistol I suppose I expected more as 9 shots isn't exactly a lot when you're firing 2 at once at -2 accuracy. -Even on a gun kata build* it seemed like not enough shots. Might be better with some levels in son of a bitch as well as of a gun. I'm sure it's very strong on combat pistol.

* though in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have got whizkid at all, seeing as it requires 2 levels of finesse which is irrelevant when you use the kata attack, and doesn't help with the ammo-in-gun bottleneck.

edit: and double thanks for source diving!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 21:24 by Faintly »

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 22, 2017, 13:43 »

In fact, storm bolter might be _weaker_ on combat pistol, due to knockback coming into effect at 12 damage. If the first bullet causes knockback, the second bullet might simply fail to target the knocked-back creature and automatically miss.

With SoG3 (a standard for pistol builds) this is not an issue for standard pistols, causing 11 damage per bullet at most. With a combat pistol, the maximum damage is 12. And that's not counting ranks in SoB, which stress the problem even further.

To say it in a diplomatic matter - in my humble opinion, storm bolter is one of the less useful assemblies.

Faintly

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 27, 2017, 07:53 »

If the arena master staff targets two adjacent enemies, do they both get hit twice? (AoE)

I like the mod on combat pistol if you're dual wielding and your other pistol is a pistol because it aligns the amount of trigger pulls to deplete the weapon so the extra capacity doesn't go to waste anymore. -Normally to fire twice as many bullets you have to reload more often. it's not the case when your other pistol is a normal pistol. Though I have since found out that with SoG 4/5 fire speed becomes insane anyway.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:03 by Faintly »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 79