Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79

Author Topic: Quick questions thread!  (Read 444446 times)

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
Re: Quick questions thread!
« Reply #1080 on: October 02, 2017, 06:32 »

What does the Apostle actually look like, as in what color would he be if you could somehow see it without the berserk effect's red filter?

Yellow '@' symbol
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 02, 2017, 12:26 »

Yellow '@' symbol

Hmm...  Maybe someone should update the wiki, then; I just looked and it shows the Apostle as being a red V.

EDIT:  Done.  I notice that Papilio has done all the edits to the page up 'til this point; in fact, it looks like he created the page in the first place!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:34 by Tormuse »
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Dr. Granola

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 28, 2017, 18:26 »

How does SoB affect MMB?
Does it apply to each swing separately?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #1083 on: October 29, 2017, 00:39 »

How does SoB affect MMB?

The wiki specifically states that SOB affects every single shot. I can only assume this may be read as every single attack, which would give you twice the bonus on an MMB attack.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Dr. Granola

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 29, 2017, 06:16 »

Thanks! I was thinking that too, but I didn't know for sure.
On the subject of MMB, What is the most optimal setup possible with it?
the top 2 contenders right  now are... (not including armor or the dragonslayer)
1. Cleaver + Cleaver(prepared)
2. Ripper + Cleaver(prepared)
With Brutex5 and SoBx5 for relevant perks.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #1085 on: October 29, 2017, 07:41 »

Well, as the Cleaver is a unique item, I highly doubt you'll find a second one while it's in your possession. I don't know what other flavors of impressive melee weapons are going around; I'd have to do some more research.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 29, 2017, 13:26 »

The Chainsaw and all its assemblies aren't considered "knives" for purposes of MMB.  You still get the resistances if you have a knife in your prepared slot, but you won't attack with both weapons if a Chainsaw is in either position.  That being said, excluding DS from the question, I'd say the Butcher's Cleaver combined with a power-modded Chainsword would be best (and most fun) to play with, as I demonstrated in this game.  (See the part where it says "knife-juggling strategy")

Of course, the Longinus Spear or Azrael's Scythe does more damage per hit than any combination of knives; strictly speaking, combining Chainswords isn't the most practical, but it is pretty awesome.  :)

EDIT:  Now that I've done some calculations, it seems I spoke to soon:  At lower Brute levels, LS and AS do more damage per hit, but at Brute 5 and SOB 5, dual Chainswords or the CS/BC combo overtake them.  At first glance, the Ripper's double attack speed makes it do damage faster than the CS/BC combinations but then you consider the BC's Blademaster effect, which makes the attack take zero time and makes all my calculations fly out the window, since division by zero is undefined.  :P

tl;dr:  Chainsword/Butcher's Cleaver is the way to go, but Ripper is a close second.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 14:07 by Tormuse »
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

BBHood217

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 29, 2017, 20:12 »

I actually haven't tried it since the time I asked about it (still gotta find those PSX sounds, and is it true that the archvile also had such sounds despite not appearing in PSX Doom?), but is it actually considered cheating to give sounds to silent monsters like the nightmare monsters and Arena Master?

Omega Tyrant

• Elder
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 07, 2018, 03:37 »

Can someone give me a thorough breakdown on how damage from Rocket Launchers work? I've read that their actual damage output is lower than what their programmed damage values would normally entail, and my experience in the game seems to support that statement, however I can't find an explanation on how it works and how one can more accurately calculate their damage output. Reading the explosions page on the wiki hasn't helped me with this; I thought maybe damage is calculated after knockback is incurred (and thus they take less damage from being farther away from the explosion center), but according to the explosions page there's a pretty generous range of 3 steps from center until damage dropoff begins, so I don't know if that's the actual explanation on why RLs do less damage (and I also don't particularly recall monsters against walls dying faster to them).

Another thing confusing me on RL damage output is that on the wiki's Rocket launcher and Missile launcher pages, their average damage is listed as 21, while the Tactical rocket launcher page states its average damage is 15, even though it still has 6d6 damage. Is it something with its smaller explosion radius causing less damage? Is it simply a math error made by an editor that was never fixed? Or is that the actual average from 6d6 rocket damage, and the math used to find it was never applied to all the Rocket Launcher pages?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:40 by Omega Tyrant »
Badges - [26|26|26|17|5|0]
Medals - 35/43

Omega Tyrant

• Elder
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08 »

Another question I can't seem to find the answer to on the wiki; when resistances factor in, how is the reduced damage result rounded?
Badges - [26|26|26|17|5|0]
Medals - 35/43

edio

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Sniper mod pack on shotgun
« Reply #1090 on: January 21, 2018, 20:46 »

I'm currently doing a run on Angel of 100. My main weapon so far is Tactical shotgun and I had WK2 when I assmebled it.

Now I found Sniper Mod Pack, but I don't have free space in my backpack. And the only weapons I have are rocket launcher with bulk mod and this tactical shotgun.

I'm wondering, will Sniper pack improve anything on my shotgun? Or should I apply it to rocket launcher (I feel like it's a waste, I hope to find missile launcher later)?

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper mod pack on shotgun
« Reply #1091 on: January 21, 2018, 21:36 »

It depends a little on what traits you have; if you don't have Eagle Eye, Sniper mods are good for your rapid-fire weapons for keeping them accurate, but putting it on the Rocket Launcher can be helpful too.  (It sucks to miss with the Rocket Launcher)

It doesn't have any effect on shotguns, since those fire in a spread, but the Plasmatic Shrapnel shotgun assembly uses a Sniper mod, so you might find that useful for getting rid of corpses so that Arch-Viles don't revive them.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

edio

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 21, 2018, 22:59 »

Oh, these decisions again. I can sacrifice one backpack slot and carry sniper pack with me until I find Power mod for Plasmatic shrapnel (I had successful runs in the past with double shotgun being PS, and tactical shotgun as my main weapon). But I currently miss 2 power mods for Cerberus armor (I have ballistic vest with AT already and onyx pack), so I don't think a powerpack for my plasmatic shrapnel will happen any soon.... On the other hand, as I said, spending Sniper mod on rocket launcher when any time you can find missile launcher is kind of wasteful. OTOH, rocket launcher has rocket jump, which saved me quite few times in the past...

Thanks for explanations anyway, will try to figure out, what to do with my sniper pack :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 23:00 by edio »

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 22, 2018, 00:05 »

If your only reason for not putting it on the Rocket Launcher is that you're hoping for a Missile Launcher, then I'd say just go ahead and put it on the Rocket Launcher.  Missile Launchers are a rare drop; it's unlikely that you'll find one in Ao100.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06 »

You know, questions like that ought to go into the "quick questions" thread to reduce clutter.  I'll move this there in a few hours.
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79