Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 13:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ironman needs more love  (Read 11871 times)

Nameless

• First Sergeant
  • Proud owner of 22/22 bronzes: "It's a start!"
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman needs more love
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 21:57 »

That and Trigun abuse, yeah. It might still be useful if it let the player survive a single nuking; you'd basically be trading a permanent upgrade for a one-shot escape clause that didn't screw up your 100% run.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02 »

Make it a 50% chance to survive a nuke or just have it blocked on AoRa.
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

Nameless

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 01:33 »

Just one more, I swear:

Mighty Glacier
Requires: Ironman (2)
Pistols? Ha! You're a big man, and you can handle bigger guns than those. Each level of this trait increases the explosion radius of your rocket weapons by one.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 04:10 »

@Cockroach(3) -- balance would be simple -- surviving a nuke without inv would cost you 5 perma-hp :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51 »

Why does having more HP increase the explosion radius of your rockets? That's like saying I can have infinite ammunition because I can deal more damage per bullet...

Seriously, though - Mighty Glacier makes me think "Drastically Reduce Damage taken if last action wasn't a move"
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Nameless

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 17:11 »

In that scenario, I imagine having more HP as being physically large and requiring more hurt to take down. It then follows that being taller and bulkier would allow you to more easily handle larger weapons ie. rockets. So pretend that you're carrying around even bigger rockets now.

Mighty Glacier is a TV tropes reference (think strong but slow), I couldn't think of a better name.

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 17:12 »

@Cockroach(3) -- balance would be simple -- surviving a nuke without inv would cost you 5 perma-hp :P

Genius. Though honestly, I'm not sure whether this is so powerful it needs to be a master trait, or so useful that it's lower down but requires three whole ranks...

Re: 'Mighty Glacier' - sounds like someone couldn't come up with a name, so they picked the last TVTropes article they read. :p I like 'Master Blaster' myself... as for why it stems from Ironman, it's because this is a thread for brainstorming traits that require Ironman, and not particularly traits for which requiring Ironman makes sense
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 17:13 by Ander Hammer »
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 18:52 »

Just a little go for ironman upgrades:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Behemoth
requires Ironman (2)

Not only are you big and tough, you're strong. So god-damned strong that those bullets, cells and weapons are lighter than a feather to you. You can lift a whole backpack with one finger while slaughtering your way through hell.

For each level of this trait you can carry an extra 15% ammo than normal. Level (2) also gives an extra inventory slot in your backpack.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gives a nice little backpack-esque boost to characters, removes the "need?" for ammochain for chainfire weapons. Just a nice little boost really. Two levels are a 30% increase, with a backpack its 70% which is pretty massive(maybe make it percentile multiplicative?). The extra inventory slot also makes it worth taking the extra level of it. There IS room on the inventory screen for it. The percentages for ammo upgrade could perhaps be even higher (20%?).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 19:50 by Sambojin »

Battleguy

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 19:29 »

I like Ironman just how it is, without Advanced or Master traits.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 20:02 »

And following on from Behemoth for a master trait:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circus Freak
Requires: Juggler, Behemoth(2).
Blocks: Whizzkid, Brute, TAN, Reloader.

You ARE working at a circus. A circus of freaks and daemons. You can lift a baron with one hand as you juggle shotguns while sticking your head down a daemon's throat. And survive. You are the ringmaster, they are your clowns.

You may use or equip all inventory items instantly. When fighting in melee you may use any non-explosive weapon as a melee weapon, ranged or not(dealing physical damage to the attacked foe).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A weird jack-of-all-trades build. Nothing fancy in the end. High life, high carrying capacity, instant switch and use of all items and weapons and slightly faster firing. No need for brute because you're using anything as a melee weapon. You can still use EE for accuracy, but it might be worthwhile blocking the damaging traits so it doesn't get too good (SoB, SoaG). Be a fun alternative to ammochain/no-master runs in Ao100. Might be a bit too powerful really.

edit: Reworded and reworked so it doesn't make a mockery of AoB runs and would be way easier to program. Shotguns are better than normal in melee, plasma weapons significantly worse. Reload of such weapons is still a problem which nullifies the huge bonus a DB shotgun has over a chainsaw. It's only one shot and a bit of backpack space. AoLT may be a problem, but it's probably no worse than ammochain or vampyre.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 20:37 by Sambojin »

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 15:21 »

Just thought these ones when at work, so don't ask me what the hell was I doing (Or thinking) instead of working xD

----

Stalwart
Requires: Ironman (2)

Maybe it's just luck, or that you're batshit insane, but you can endure any kind of punishment without passing out due to your strong force of will. Heck, your mother even said you fried yourself when you were young with no ill consequences.

Each level of this trait reduces by 2 the amount of damage received by environmental hazards such as acid or lava.

----

Brand of Sacrifice
Requires: Determinator (1), Berserker (1)
Blocks: Tough as nails, Son of a Bitch, Son of a Gun

You were supposed to be sacrificed with your pals, but you were such an die-hard fighter that you could survive through that event, gaining from it an itchy mark on your body that constantly calls all hellspawn to your position. Still, they have to deal with your skill if they want your flesh.

All enemies know where you are, and they will go to attack you, but you deal 2 extra damage with all weapons and your speed is increased by 25%.

----

On second thought, maybe these ones should go to the horrible ideas' thread.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 20:36 by Kashi »
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 20:10 »

Determinator just needs a new name and a reduction in strength. As it is, it's really good at what it does but makes Boots useless; if it was a master trait, I'd be a little more forgiving. As it is, I'd say reduce environment damage by 2 for each level of the trait and give it 2 ranks - that way you still get practical immunity to acid at grandmastery
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 20:12 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Nameless

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 20:21 »

Boots would still give you movement and knockback bonuses, which is what at least I use them for more frequently.

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 20:37 »

Edited, which makes me think it's amusing how nobody says it's a horrible idea altogether. May look awesome, but still it's horrible as hell.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Midnight

• Badge Hunter
  • Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 14:09 »

Some possible ideas for ironman adv. trait:

1) Makes small medkits work like large;
2) Makes large meds capable of giving you a boost beyond 100%;
3) Allows large ones to give you a small berserk boost.

Pages: 1 [2]  All