Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 04:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rooms!!!  (Read 10714 times)

Derek

• Team Artist
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.derekyu.com
Re: Rooms!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 07:50 »

In my opinion, these would add to the atmosphere of the Phobos base being a, umm, military base, you know :P

Wonderful ideas, Adral!

In 1.0 graphics mode of course you will instantly be able to tell different areas apart just by looking at them, but having interesting architecture and the right itmes will do the trick in ASCII.

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Rooms!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28 »

Wonderful ideas, Adral!

Thanks!

I've been thinking a bit on this subject, and since the "technology colours" from Doom are yelow and blue, perhaps these special computer rooms should have blue floor, just like some levels on the original, and maybe the walls should also be blue or something like that.

The computers could be yellow, blue o silver '8's (or some other ASCII character, the result would be the same), keeping with the tech-colour scheme. They should be impassable and destructible. Maybe they should have a special ability, for example, when bumping onto them, a random sentence which gives you a clue about something of the game, i.e:

* The computer reads: Lava overflow reported within the level. //indicating there is a switch which fills the level with lava
 * The computer reads: Warning! Greater demonic lifeforms encountered below. //indicating that in the level below there are B's or O's (or bigger things), for example
 * The computer reads: Weapon research center on this level(or below). //indicating there are special weapons i.e. Advanced Shotgun, Fastload Pistol, etc. on the level indicated

Also, there may be not so useful messages:
 * The computer screen is broken.
 * The computer screen reads: Error e506: communication lost.
 * The computer reads: Memory overflow. Please reboot.

The message should be generated only once, then it repeats itself every time you bump into the computer again.

Imagination is the limit, you know :)

In 1.0 graphics mode of course you will instantly be able to tell different areas apart just by looking at them, but having interesting architecture and the right itmes will do the trick in ASCII.

Well, I hope ASCII mode will not dissappear! I love the ASCII models Kornel added to the descriptions, and I like my RL's with lots of letters! :P

Also, rich architecture will help both versions, I think.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter
Pages: 1 [2]  All