Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: 3d Art Inspired by DoomRL  (Read 158354 times)

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
Re: 3d Art Inspired by DoomRL
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 18:04 »

I like how pinky there doesn't seem to care/notice that there's a chick on his back trying to stab him something fierce.

Did you forget to render the shadows or is it deliberate?  I think it looks more obvious here because of the brighter ambient light and openness of the area, as compared to the other renders that you've done.

Other than that, I like the composition.  It feels hardcore but with a tinge of whimsicality from the big bad.  =)

Actualy laptop, lighting isn't one of my strong points.  Lucky for me, this months contest is all about lighting so hopefully I'll pick up a few things that I can then apply to my creations for over here.  Thanks for the feedback by the way.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2012, 01:04 »

Shinji here, back again with the entry I created for last month's contest.  I was thinking my subject fits in a way so I may save the morph to use in future renders.

Still not one of the top three, but I'll keep trying so I can apply what I learn to my fan art to try and top myself each time.

(Wish me luck, we're learning about posing.  I'll have to find a pic out there and try to recreate the pose in my entry.)
Over and Out!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2012, 14:55 »

Nick Fury meets Chthulu!  Nice render!

You keep talking about a contest... is there a link to the place that you are submitting works to?
I computed, therefore I was.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2012, 19:53 »

Nick Fury meets Chthulu!  Nice render!

You keep talking about a contest... is there a link to the place that you are submitting works to?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/506/ will take anyone who would like to take a look at what I'm talking about with the contest.  My user name is 3ch0_419
 if anyone would like to see what I have to say there.  Just so everyone knows, the online store that this forum is part of went through a revamp in may and the old forum posts are no longer around.

BTW, at the time of this post I've not gotten started on an entry for this month becouse I'd just learned the subject last night.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2012, 15:47 »

Hi there everyone.

Shinji here, just wanting everyone to know that I've not forgoten about things, it's just that I haven't had any ideas as of late.  It doesn't help that at of the time of this posting I am having to turn in my final exam for this term and that if I pass the class I should have enough credits for a basic degree.  Wish me luck, and I'll try to start having some new ideas cranked out within the month.

Thanks.
Over and Out!

Mech__Warrior

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2012, 22:05 »

Bah, I wish I had some actual art talent because I'd be able to draw what I had in mind for a while or whenever I hear the Doom RL title music.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37 »

Hola Shinji!  Don't worry about us -- real life is more important than what happens in the forums.  Whenever you are ready for a new piece of render, put it up for us to feast our eyes on.  =)

Mech__Warrior, I think that all of us have some level of art talent to one degree or another -- it's part of what makes us human.  Some of us do better because of the amount of time spent on it.  So, practise, practise and practise if this is something you want to develop!  =D

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16 »

Hola Shinji!  Don't worry about us -- real life is more important than what happens in the forums.  Whenever you are ready for a new piece of render, put it up for us to feast our eyes on.  =)

Thank you laptop.  As it stands, I've got a new render that I've been working on.  Don't know when it will be ready thou.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2012, 05:21 »

Bah, I wish I had some actual art talent because I'd be able to draw what I had in mind for a while or whenever I hear the Doom RL title music.

Mech__Warrior, I agree with laptop on this one.  So take your time to find a way to express what the music brings to mind.

(Sorry if that didn't make any sense.  It's like 0520 where I'm at and really should be trying to catch some sleep.)
Over and Out!

Mech__Warrior

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2012, 20:06 »

I can describe it quite well, but what I try to create on the art side of things just doesn't look the way I want it.

Basically, I see the Doom guy, helmet off and completely beat up. You can tell he's fought his way through the hordes of demons with how bruised and cut up he is, certain parts of his armor has been torn open along with scratches on his arms. He's holding a shotgun in one hand and his other hand has nothing. He's exhausted, but knows he must soldier on, thus is his task. He may win, he may not, but one thing is for sure; he won't stop fighting.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 19:32 »

I can describe it quite well, but what I try to create on the art side of things just doesn't look the way I want it.

Basically, I see the Doom guy, helmet off and completely beat up. You can tell he's fought his way through the hordes of demons with how bruised and cut up he is, certain parts of his armor has been torn open along with scratches on his arms. He's holding a shotgun in one hand and his other hand has nothing. He's exhausted, but knows he must soldier on, thus is his task. He may win, he may not, but one thing is for sure; he won't stop fighting.

Mech__Warrior,

After re-reading your discription, I've decided to see if I can do the idea justice.  I hope that what I can come up with will be to your expectations.

Shinji.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2012, 20:53 »

Shinji here, with something that I had started a few weeks ago and finally got around to rendering.  I know that it's now what Mech__Warrior discribed and for that I am sorry.  I am taking the time to think things over on that one so I can get things right.

Anyway here you all go.

I hope that it is to everyone's liking.
Over and Out!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06 »

Maaan... I sure as hell not want to get caught in that blast!  =P

Nice work, but maybe you should leave the ambient lighting lower so that the glow from the plasma ball is reflected specularly off the surfaces -- it's more terrifying that way and exudes more POWER!  =D

Mech__Warrior

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2012, 21:25 »

Mech__Warrior,

After re-reading your discription, I've decided to see if I can do the idea justice.  I hope that what I can come up with will be to your expectations.

Shinji.

All right, that would be pretty cool to see. I'm sorry I left for so long, I had to move back to college and the like. I do like the render that you posted more recently, reminds me a lot of Doom 3 when you get the BFG 9000 in there and test the alternate fire. :) I am kind of eager to see what you come up with.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28 »

All right, that would be pretty cool to see. I'm sorry I left for so long, I had to move back to college and the like. I do like the render that you posted more recently, reminds me a lot of Doom 3 when you get the BFG 9000 in there and test the alternate fire. :) I am kind of eager to see what you come up with.

Even though I never made it that far in Doom 3, (I don't know about my friend who owned the copy I had played.) but it's funny that you should make that comment due to the fact that this was the first time I used the prop that I used for the blast.

P.S. Good luck with your class(es) this term.  I'll be starting back in a couple of weeks myself.
Over and Out!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25