Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: 3d Art Inspired by DoomRL  (Read 158428 times)

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
Re: 3d Art Inspired by DoomRL
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2017, 19:40 »

Just great, I just got a email from dropbox saying that as of the 15th of this month my public folder that I've been saving my renders to will become a private folder, so I'll have to figure out how to go about sharing things with everyone after that. If there are any suggestions of other places to store things and share them, let me know. Otherwise I guess I can just share links until then...
Over and Out!

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2017, 23:44 »

You can really just make your own "public" folder. You simply put everything in that folder and then create links for every file. Kind of like how you did before in the public folder.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2017, 09:58 »

Just great, I just got a email from dropbox saying that as of the 15th of this month my public folder that I've been saving my renders to will become a private folder, so I'll have to figure out how to go about sharing things with everyone after that. If there are any suggestions of other places to store things and share them, let me know. Otherwise I guess I can just share links until then...

Newgrounds? If you don't want to restrict your sharing to the forum, that is...
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2017, 22:04 »

While I try to figure out where to take things to share with everyone, I thought I'd at least try to share by attaching things for now.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2017, 14:57 »

Here's my latest render using some new resources. While the clothing he's using isn't new, but the resource I just grabbed let's him use it with out any middleman. Also the lighting is calculated by a plugin that lets me choose a location in the world as well as a time/date.  I used my hometown and the date and time of running the render to set the light.
Over and Out!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2017, 21:22 »

Hi~  just got back from my vacation in Seattle.  I like the latest render -- there's a much stronger sense of realism in it!  =)
I computed, therefore I was.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2017, 23:42 »

Couple of new renders making use of some shader resources I grabbed in the time sense I last posted. Also the more recent render, (just today in fact.) is using a new outfit that I grabbed this weekend.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2017, 21:11 »

Hi~  just got back from my vacation in Seattle.  I like the latest render -- there's a much stronger sense of realism in it!  =)

Glad to read that you liked it laptop.  And reading that you had been to Seattle brought back memories of my late grandfather, who lived in the area. Also reminded me of my late uncle who took me and my cousin up that way for a week to visit said grandfather.

P.S.  I was chatting away with a friend as I was typing this and he brought up the question, "How many starbucks are in Seattle?"
Over and Out!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2017, 21:23 »

"How many starbucks are in Seattle?"

"Enough for their corporate headquarters to not have one on premise."

Seriously though, there's at least one per block.

The two new renders are pretty!  Here's a challenge for you: see if you can render your marines in a more organic environment, i.e. outdoor-sy with grass and trees and what not.  I think the slight increase in the complexity of the environment can help with the shadows a bit.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2017, 01:04 »

Hate to say it, but grandma was back in the hospital with another uti last week.  She's in rehab already, but there's going to be a meeting this afternoon so hopefully things go well with that.  On a lighter note she at the same rehab place she was at last time, and my mother and I jokingly almost called her room.  We joked that she'd be in the same room as last time when in reality she's in the room one door down from the one across the hall from the room she was in last. Let me tell you that it gave me a laugh that I needed when I saw that Friday.

Sorry about not posting, but to make up for it I have something rendering as I type this.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 19, 2017, 10:45 »

Sorry about not posting right away, but grandma had a second uti last month like I mentioned in my last post.  Hate to say it, but she's going to be having to stay in long term care this time.

Sorry about venting there, on to my latest render for this thread.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2017, 01:39 »

Here is the latest render that I've done for this thread. Hope this isn't confusing on my wording, but I'm using my phone to do this post.
Over and Out!

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2017, 01:31 »

Never thought that I'd have to do this, but I actually had to go and move part of my resources for my art over to an external hard drive that I have because my c: drive was getting too full.

Anyway here's some of my latest render's for you all.
Over and Out!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17 »

I see that "flaming red" is the current theme!

As always, love your renders!  I think that your experimentation with different camera angles to play around with what your composition is something that is very cool.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2017, 15:50 »

Here's something new. Sorry about not posting sooner, but last month was crazy with renders for the new user challenge over at Daz. I know that I've been rendering for quite some time, about as long as I've been posting to this thread even, but I'm still learning new tricks and the like as I go.

If anyone is curious as to what I was working on last month, head on over to here, and look for any posts with attachments by Shinji Ikari 9th.
Over and Out!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25