Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Building a feature list for DiabloRL 0.5.0  (Read 45494 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Building a feature list for DiabloRL 0.5.0
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 05:04 »

Yes, that's a valid suggestion -- while making the 7DRL version I hardly had time about thinking about such things as help :-P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 16:25 »

Woah! Great news, thanks for the links :D
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

DinthKSC

• Private
    • View Profile
    • West Ham United encyclopedia
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 01:31 »

Linux port please :)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 03:31 »

Will be ;]
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Ugm

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Serwis ADOM
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 10:32 »

I would be happy to see (in addition to DaEezT's proposals):
- magic items to buy at shop(s) (I don't know if you plan to enhance Adria or add Wirt soon, but Griswold could sell some premium stuff ;) )
- attribute mods to work properly (schnaader already posted this bug)
- ability to exit character screen after level-up without allocating all bonus points (that's a bug, not a feature, I know ;) )
...and now go, tiny mortal!

nokturnal

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 16:32 »

i finally found the roguelike i've been looking for so long!! :)
i like the easy inventory system compared to most roguelikes! how about auto pick-up for gold & townscrolls tho?
i'm a major diablo2 freak, i'd love to see some features from that? (or thats the next project maybe? :))
i was mostly thinking about yellow "rare" items, and of course teh stash! (set items would be pure gold!)
the items is really the core of the diablo imo, so more development in that area is what i'd like most!
and why no blood & gore like doomrl? :D

also, i suppose youre already working on dungeon stuff, but maybe some variation in color? i was thinking about floor/wall differences aswell as between levels..
oh, is that an unfinished xp progress bar by the health? *crosses fingers and hopes*
and finally, plans for tile support? ;)  i would love to tinker with that! also, mini-diablo style char-inventory would be so cute!
looking forward to future versions!

EDIT: btw, have you tried the rl 3059? tho in a future setting, it has diablo style items and resistances ..maybe some snaggable ideas there :P
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 17:00 by nokturnal »

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 07:52 »

I'm trying to DL the mp3 files, but the page doesn't seem to be coming up. Anyone else facing that?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 09:33 »

Um... no?
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Zephyre Syx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 16:19 »

I'm trying to DL the mp3 files, but the page doesn't seem to be coming up. Anyone else facing that?
Save target as is your best option.  But due to the nature of cutting short from the full download (if you got dial-up) you might have to try a couple of times.
"Nah, it's not that those ideas are bad, I'm just trying to show you why I think my way of thinking is better."
-Kornel Kisielewicz

nokturnal

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 22:45 »

another (small) idea spawned while playing doomrl:

in d2 items can have the modifier 'x% chance to cast level x frost nova' (there's also a poison nova skill). well i just thought it would be cool to implement those in diablorl, then use the same cool effect/code you use in doomrl for the exploding barrels, only originating from the player instead, and not exploding the walls then .. :)

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 13:32 »

Well, I'm not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be working now.
Thanks, anyway :)

in d2 items can have the modifier 'x% chance to cast level x frost nova' (there's also a poison nova skill). well i just thought it would be cool to implement those in diablorl, then use the same cool effect/code you use in doomrl for the exploding barrels, only originating from the player instead, and not exploding the walls then .. :)
Nova spells from D1 (and Poison Nova/D2) aren't the same as barrel explosions - they aren't realy circular, but seem to be pronged (and often miss at long range), and strictly effect-wise, none of them are filled IMO - they expand like baloons.
Other than that, it only seems natural to me that one of Diablo's most famous spells will be included in the roguelike :)

nokturnal

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 12:44 »

Nova spells from D1 (and Poison Nova/D2) aren't the same as barrel explosions - they aren't realy circular, but seem to be pronged (and often miss at long range), and strictly effect-wise, none of them are filled IMO - they expand like baloons.
Other than that, it only seems natural to me that one of Diablo's most famous spells will be included in the roguelike :)

im sorry it my laft post was unclear or anything, i obviously didnt mean just copy/paste the effect into diablorl, rather use the effect to create something that looks like the frost/poison nova. the reason frost nova miss at long range is cuz they have an outer radius ..like the barrel explosion, only smaller. poison nova doesnt if i remember correctly, and goes off screen. no they are not entirely filled ..again i didnt mean just to copy the effect..
when it comes to the circular part .. i dont know what (kind of monitor) your'e on :P, but they're pretty darn circular over here:

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/sor-ss01.shtml
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/nec-ss04.shtml

Ugm

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Serwis ADOM
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 17:32 »

I don't like this Diablo II features idea. The sequel has been ripped of a climate which was the essence of original Diablo. DoomRL has monsters from both Dooms, but the situation is quite different, because the first and the second part of Doom didn't differ much. Diablo II is completely different, so I suggest keeping DiabloRL as close to original, as it can be. New features like experience bar would help, though.
...and now go, tiny mortal!

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 17:43 »

Actually there are a few features of Diablo II that I would like in DoomRL -> like the fun additional items, or the way levelling works (the skill-tree)...
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5