DoomRL > Discussion

I really like this game

(1/2) > >>

gabba:
Hi, I just tried Doom Roguelike. Adding the sound effects and music is a genius' idea, it really creates the perfect mood. It's the first Roguelike that I play that has sound, and it's very successful.

I find that the interface for aiming and shooting is well designed, except that maybe you could add a key to cycle targets, as an alternate to moving the "crosshair" with the arrow keys.

Also, instead of picking up 50 pistols and having them in the inventory, it would be nice if, once you have a weapon, you just pick up the ammo from weapons of the same kind, and automatically discard/destroy the weapon itself.

Finally, what about dual-weild? At least for pistols! It would allow you to fire twice, but with less precision. Maybe it could allow you to pick a target, fire, and then pick a second target and fire before the ennemies react.

Really high-level characters, or maybe one with a special trait, could be able to have heavier weapons in dual-weild with a pistol.

jake250:
Quoting: gabbaexcept that maybe you could add a key to cycle targets, as an alternate to moving the "crosshair" with the arrow keys.
TAB :P

Quoting: gabbayou just pick up the ammo from weapons of the same kind, and automatically discard/destroy the weapon itself.
Hold shift and press U when on a weapon with ammo to take its ammo, and not the weapon.

Quoting: gabbaFinally, what about dual-weild?
I wouldn't have problem with dual pistol, but dual anything else, no, it wouldn't be doom anymore.

Happy to see you liked it :D

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: gabbaHi, I just tried Doom Roguelike. Adding the sound effects and music is a genius' idea, it really creates the perfect mood. It's the first Roguelike that I play that has sound, and it's very successful.

Thank you :-). And welcome to the forum.

Quoting: gabbaI find that the interface for aiming and shooting is well designed, except that maybe you could add a key to cycle targets, as an alternate to moving the "crosshair" with the arrow keys.
Try pressing TAB when aiming :-).

Quoting: gabbaAlso, instead of picking up 50 pistols and having them in the inventory, it would be nice if, once you have a weapon, you just pick up the ammo from weapons of the same kind, and automatically discard/destroy the weapon itself.
Try capital 'U' when standing over a weapon :-D.

Quoting: gabbaFinally, what about dual-weild? At least for pistols! It would allow you to fire twice, but with less precision. Maybe it could allow you to pick a target, fire, and then pick a second target and fire before the ennemies react.
This would be problematic interface-wise. But in the next version there will be a "ready-weapon" slot. Maybe I'll add a dual-pistol trait...

Quoting: gabbaReally high-level characters, or maybe one with a special trait, could be able to have heavier weapons in dual-weild with a pistol.
Nah this is TOO cinematic even for Doom :->

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: jake250Happy to see you liked it :D
Kheh, we replied in the same time with the same answers :-D

Corremn:
Quoting: jake250Finally, what about dual-weild? At least for pistols!
Duel pistols would be kind of cool.  They would not stack up to the chaingun so they would not affect the play that much except add a different play style.  
Quoting: gabbaReally high-level characters, or maybe one with a special trait, could be able to have heavier weapons in dual-weild with a pistol.
Duel weilding BFGs, Come to Pappa!!! Ok, Ok, unDoom(RL)-like but still cool!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version