Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 16:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mortem suggestions  (Read 1734 times)

Nameless

• First Sergeant
  • Proud owner of 22/22 bronzes: "It's a start!"
    • View Profile
Mortem suggestions
« on: March 29, 2011, 17:55 »

If the player exits a level within five seconds of entering it, add a line to their history: "He hurried through level X." Mostly to poke fun at the players who homing phase through scary caves or the last few levels. :)

If the player has advanced in rank during a given run, that character's mortem file should reflect the advance. It's kind of lame to pull off a bunch of kills or get enough new medals and then not be able to show the rank off until you've started a new character. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say that rank advancement should be specifically noted in that mortem as a landmark ... something like "He advanced in rank from X to Y!" just above the 'he played for blah blah time' line.

Custom mortem files. By which I mean, a few config options that allow you select which parts of the mortem you do or don't wish to see. I don't feel this is actually necessary at the moment, but the upshot would be that you could then add options to display more arbitrary statistics for curious players. (Like ... a table showing how many of each enemy were killed in each level, or the total number of keypresses made in the process of the game.)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Mortem suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 11:25 »

The first one was just implemented :).

The second one is kind of tricky, but I'll keep it in mind.

For the last one, I'll probably allow the player to influence mortem generation as he wishes, with a lua-generated custom section. That'll allow all the customization one will need.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]