Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 23:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Most common uniques  (Read 6362 times)

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
Most common uniques
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:28 »

Just idly wondering (while I debate whether a Trigun find on level 3 is a sign that I should do a pistols game or just a way to save bag space on nukes) what everyone else's most common exotic (tie between medical armour/gothic boots) and random-drop uniques (tie between Trigun and Hellwave Pack (!)) are.
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Re: Most common uniques
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 13:22 »

I usualy tend to find phaseshift boots nearly every game as randomly generated, but never really get to use them much.

I've also found a lot of outside wall missile launchers and grammaton cleric beretta is nearly always around, railgun is also suprisingly common for me next with Malek's armor.

Strangely, I never seem to find nanopacks or Trigun.
i dont even know anymore

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 14:39 »

All items have a weight (the likelihood that they will spawn) and a minimum (difficulty adjusted) level.  Items like the Cleaver, which has a high (for uniques) weight and a low min level will be more common than, say, the Dragonslayer, which has a low weight (the lowest) and a somewhat high minimum level.

With a little math and the right numbers it should be possible to compute all of these odds, but that's not something I personally care to do :).

There are also the guaranteed items or item types in special levels skewing with the distribution, and some special levels play with the unique item weights to make them more likely.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 15:12 »

While on paper it sounds like pure random, people still have, and what's more interesting - have different most common exotics/uniques. Mine MCU is, apart from the Butcher's Cleaver, is the Necroarmor, and the MCE is the Assault Shotgun, followed by all of the exotic armors.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

darksergio

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 15:55 »

my most common unique generated was the grammatron cleric on a ammochain run soo far because it almost always generates in any run I do

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 17:56 »

I actually tend to get irregular pistols more often than anything else. I guess that's part of why I tend toward pistol builds.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

rchandra

• Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 22:38 »

Cleaver, then Trigun, then Grammaton/Cybernetic.  I haven't gotten Malek's, BFG10K, Berserker armor.
for exotics, looks like phaseshift and gothic boots among those that aren't guaranteed.  Though I think I've found a lot of assault shotguns outside the Mortuary.  I have a lot of Hellwave packs too, considering they're new.
0.9.9.1-4: Arch-Vile Br. General [25/25/17/5/1]
0.9.9.5-7: Hell Baron Major [ 21 16 12 4 1 0 ]

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 02:55 »

Cleaver. I once got the Cleaver on level 2.
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 03:18 »

grammaton cleric beretta by far, I've even found it THREE times in one run
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 05:56 »

gcb and that overpriced knife.
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Tuomari Jim

• Sergeant
  • Just lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 14:41 »

My most common non-guaranteed uniques: Hell staff (8), followed by Anti-Freak Jackal (6), Cybernetic armor (6) and Hellwave pack (6). The only uniques I have never, ever seen are BFG10k and the Scythe.

Most common non-guaranteed exotics: phaseshift boots (11), medical armor (10), shockwave pack (10), phaseshift armor (8) and finally a weapon, minigun (7).

On a funny note, medical armor is more useful than medical power armor, because it's moddable (you can get rid of the speed reduction and achieve a similar amount of armor), but even then it's a bloody waste of inventory space. Ok, it might be useful if you can afford a breather between getting nearly killed and taking the medpack you should have in your inventory. If you don't, you're still very likely to get insta-gibbed even  if you can get your health up to 20%.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 14:47 by Tuomari Jim »

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 16:42 »

Jim, the scythe only appears if you YAAM everything from start to Unholy Cathedral. Otherwise, it's the Spear as normal. It's not a "random" unique at all.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 22:11 »

That's not true. It's completely random, with a higher chance on harder difficulties I think. It'll have a set condition like Nightmare!-only or YAAM-only soon-ish (maybe)
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Tuomari Jim

• Sergeant
  • Just lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 06:06 »

Jim, the scythe only appears if you YAAM everything from start to Unholy Cathedral. Otherwise, it's the Spear as normal. It's not a "random" unique at all.

Oh, right, true. My bad. Then it's only the chainfire weapon of dreams(nightmares?) that eludes me.

Kamikaze14

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:34 »

I think it's random now via glitch, but going to be the UV YAAM requirement in the next version.
Pages: [1] 2  All